ABF | old picture of a truck driver,

Well like I've already posted the Teamster road drivers back then only had to drive.
They could ware dressy cloths because they didn't have to do,and drops,or hook ups.

But I've also got to say this industry back in the day,had real men,women were home,not driving trucks.

Most of the freight back then was floor loaded,skids were very rare to see.

I took many loads out that had to be rolled off on rollers case,by case.

We had the worst junk for equipment,power units,and everything was hand freight,and bull work.
Also there was no such thing as hours of service.
You came in early unloaded the inbound,loaded your route up,dropped off your deliveries made pickups.
Unloaded at night,and loaded out the out bound,and hooked the road tractors to the trailers going down the road.

I got my first union city job in 1966.
$3.30 per hour,and that was the best pay for truckers back then.

When I hear the youngsters whinning about how hard they have it these days.

I know they don't want to hear it about the old days.
So I just smile,and say you don't know how good you have it.

Well like I've already posted the Teamster road drivers back then only had to drive.
They could ware dressy cloths because they didn't have to do,and drops,or hook ups.

But I've also got to say this industry back in the day,had real men,women were home,not driving trucks.

Most of the freight back then was floor loaded,skids were very rare to see.

I took many loads out that had to be rolled off on rollers case,by case.

We had the worst junk for equipment,power units,and everything was hand freight,and bull work.
Also there was no such thing as hours of service.
You came in early unloaded the inbound,loaded your route up,dropped off your deliveries made pickups.
Unloaded at night,and loaded out the out bound,and hooked the road tractors to the trailers going down the road.

I got my first union city job in 1966.
$3.30 per hour,and that was the best pay for truckers back then.

When I hear the youngsters whinning about how hard they have it these days.

I know they don't want to hear it about the old days.
So I just smile,and say you don't know how good you have it.

Guys the picture is a photo shop touch up. ttman has an excellent since of humor and he took our "Fellow Employee" Bob D. and put him in the picture. That's without a doubt the closest he has ever been to being a truck driver. When you hear him whine about some of the crap he's been whining about I'd bet he'd really have whined if he had to of done half of what our brothers did in the industry.

Guys the picture is a photo shop touch up. ttman has an excellent since of humor and he took our "Fellow Employee" Bob D. and put him in the picture. That's without a doubt the closest he has ever been to being a truck driver. When you hear him whine about some of the crap he's been whining about I'd bet he'd really have whined if he had to of done half of what our brothers did in the industry.

Don't forget the experience he got driving the antique through the front doors at the GO! Such a classic had to be documented in the By-Lines...Hammer Down!:)

Don't forget the experience he got driving the antique through the front doors at the GO! Such a classic had to be documented in the By-Lines...Hammer Down!:)

ahhh, yes, I guess that does make him a truck driver then? TRUCKER BOB

ahhh, yes, I guess that does make him a truck driver then? TRUCKER BOB