ON Strike!!

goodbye gap. I shoulda stayed 3 more weeks before bailing, see you guys on friday, ill be down to help out after i get off my new job. Poor oak harby...i heard the vanderstools had to come down in their jammy's monday night.:hysterical:

Well I have some pix of a Labor Ready guy almost hitting another truck but it won't let me post them on here since I don't have enough posts. He was too busy telling the Teamsers "Hey, F You!" & not looking at oncoming traffic....

Ok I think I can post them now :1036316054:

driver1.jpg

driver2.jpg

Thanks for the good pictures.

Also thanks to the Teamsters fro ABF, Yellow and Roadway that shiowed up last night at Portland to give us some support.

Hey Bill Holt!, You might want to write your new driver up for not having his shirt tucked in or not being in uniform or not looking where he is going or smoking in the cab!:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

That wasn't Obama driving in that truck was it!

On the serious side I wish the best for all of you people. I support what you are doing and it really pisses my off that companies treat the very people that made their company great like garbage. This is not a economic issue, it is about taking care of the employees, it is about people on top being stubborn and hardheaded.

I hope and pray for you people for a quick resolution that favor's your side. Many people forget if it weren't for the unions, many people wouldn't enjoy what they have today.

We are happy to report that we are having success in our plan to get current in Washington and Oregon with our deliveries.

* As reported yesterday we have over twenty five (25) volunteers that have flown in last night and early this morning from Idaho, California, and Nevada to help the Auburn and Portland teams to get current.

* We are happy to report that thirteen (13) represented workers in Boise have chosen to come to work.

* We are expecting one hundred fifty (150) drivers from an outside vendor flying in the next three (3) days to help us get current and start our normal operation again.

From oakh.com

So you have 600 drivers on strike, you have 25 volunteers and 150 replacements due in on Thursday. How does this company plan to return to normal operations when there are still 425 employees short? They certainly sound optimistic considering the operations were minimal at best over the last two nights, if they fly in 150 replacement drivers that don't know the cities, and don't know the customers they are somehow going to do the job of 600 trained professionals. They are lying, and bluffing, I think they are beginning to realize just how valuable their employees are.

I believe that the local union's are throwing a hail-marry to try to save themselves due to their failure to communicate and leadership. I've been talking with fellow driver about crossing the line and going back to work. Some drivers are considering this and some are just afraid of fellow teamsters coming after them. Might be something going on here either tonight or in the morning if we can get a couple of key, vocal drivers to come with us. Time to go back to work, sign a contract and get new leadership for future contracts. Goodbye to Brian D. and Rick H.!

We're not stupid....only someone from Dorkorate Headquarters would be that Un-Original to sign up on here as AUBdriver

Looks like they've already updated the open positions available on the website....

"oakh.com" said:
We are currently hiring drivers for these locations:

Auburn, Washington
Pasco, Washington
Moses Lake, Washington
Wenatchee, Washington
Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Yakima, Washington
Las Vegas, Nevada
Newark, California
Montebello, California
Lewiston, Idaho
Pocatello, Idaho

Non-Driver Positions

Customer Service Representatives - Auburn, Washington posted 9/24/08

lol at Aubdriver! Have fun "crossing the line, even though we know you are already inside the building in a suit! Yeah people, lets go back to work and then sign a contract.

Stand strong, brothers!

We will see just who has the intestinal fortitude to be REAL teamsters. Those who cross picket lines shall be shamed for ever more. I hope you all are on the same page up in the great north west. Hopefully the majority of you have prepared for such a day as this. Debt will be your worst enemy. Good luck to you all. I wish I wasn't so far away, I would walk the line with you proud Teamsters. Any UPSF drivers helping out with the cause??? Teamster Elvis out.....

Crossing the line would be a selfish act. Everyone out on the picket line is there because of the company's greed. We ALL have bills to pay, families to feed..

Good luck to all you brothers and stay strong!!!! I hope your locals pull the books on any "**** teamsters" that cross your lines. Everybody should be in this together, we are with you!!:smilie_132:

Where is most action involving picket lines? I talked to my local down here in Cali. this morning and we are thinking about catching a flight to the North West this weekend to show support. Help me out brothers. Teamster Elvis out... If I wind up in handcuffs it will be a successful weekend.

Thanks for the offer. We need to keep this operation low key yet. Play by the rules, and the IBT has given us a bunch of them. The last thing we want is a restraining order on us...or worse.

The best thing you guys could do is shutdown the freight in CA that is being picked up By Oak, if there is any left. I would think that roving pickets down there would help.

In Portland the rent-a-cops have called the the police several time over perceived threats and twice over stupid actions of a few strikers. Of course they don't bother to call when the $cabs try to get it into ninth gear and drive right next to the curb. Or trying to run chase vehicles of the road or any of the other things. Sooner or later someone will get hurt.

This morning there was some 8-10 more profesional looking goons moving in. I am thinking that they are from the strike busting outfit, Modern Staffing Solutions, Best strike replacements replacement workers: Modern Staffing and Security Most Experienced strike replacements replacement workers: strike replacements Best - MMK4MKT that the owners have hired. The sham company for hiring drivers is Pacific Transport Services, Pacific Transport Services, LLC. Maybe post both of their e-mail addresses to every p*on site known.

Also boycott Jubitz Truck Stop as their motel the Portlander is housing temps along with Days Inn. Call the managers at these places and tell them there is better money than Oaks.

Thanks for the help.

What I see here on the line is a bunch of Chickens#!t drivers, dockworkers, and office personal who don't have a true voice of their own but to follow a lost leader. We are paying our dues to get dictated on what to do. What a joke. Yea, I'm upset that the company didn't bother to show up to negotiations, shame on them. Remember, we do not own the company and the company does not own us, just like the local. Some of you would cut the throat of your own union brother and sister the first chance you get so shut up!

From Pacific Transport Services, LLC
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:

Class A CDL Drivers

Eligibility:
Doubles and Triples a plus, but not required.
Must be at least 21 years old. Minimum of 1 year experience as driver of Commericial
Motor Vehicles.

Must have valid CDL license. No suspension or revocation in the last 3 years.
No Citation in last 3 yrs. for DUI, open container, Hit and Run, Reckless Driving,
and Fleeing an officer.

No record of involvement in more than 2 at-fault accidents in last 3 years.

$1,500 per week with overtime included. Immediate openings.

Submit resume and experience and an application will be emailed or
forwarded to you. Please include your email and phone number.

Fax your resume to us at:

PTS Driver Services
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
Fax: (800)708-3028

...$1,500 a week over time included. Great Deal with all the trouble and overtime these guys are going to work. On 14 hour day thats the same as our current contract pays but they get no health or welfare. Not to mention they have no jobs when this thing is over!!