One killed in semi-truck

I feel for the family I don't know this man or his family but I have a common bond in that my father was like that father, brother, uncle, son that lost his life. I almost get to tears imaging them going thru what I did 3 years ago when I seen on the news my father's car and in captions it said man killed in single car accident. I'll never understand what happened he drove that road for FedEx freight for 28 years as their number 1 driver out of his terminal. It's guy wrenching to have to identify ur father who u just spoke with. I don't know you or your family but I send you love from all of my family and me. RIP Driver

I have been on that road many times & there is nothing particularly dangerous about the highway there. The local news said it was a one vehicle crash. I haven't heard if there are any witness to the accident but at that time of the day there is usually traffic there.

We can only speculate of the cause of a lot of the fatal trucking crashes that happen,that are posted on this forum.

Fatigue,in some crashes,medical conditions,along with fatigued,or uncaring 4 Wheeler's who make sudden moves.

Over the many years of having this Accident topic on the trucking board, I hate to see any of these fatal trucking crashes.
However the main reason for posting trucking crashes,are driver awareness,of what can happen in the trucking industry.

So my prayer is that whoever comes to this forum,will be well rested before driving,stay focused,& be safe between origin & destination.