Yellow | One last time around the bowl

I got nothing

TB Lurker
Credits
Short handed so beat the fools that show up (me included). Properties and equipment are falling apart.
Customers are waiting days for a freight pick up and way to long for their deliveries.
With our contract coming due the company shows zero urgency to do anything.
Substandard pay, no pension, and using the give back to cover some of our health and welfare costs, it sure didn't go to pay off the company debt. That will get people to line up to work here.
I know the contract is 6 months out but there may not be enough people left by then to even keep the doors open. Sounds like the mass exodus is going on everywhere. Hate to start over but what is left to do?
Just once after 23 years, how about some good news.

Only health insurance keeps me here. that is it. other than that I look forward to seeing what they offer. I am guessing it will be $5 over 5 years, keep the 15% possibly 20, and you wont get back the week of vacation. The company simply doesn't make enough money to pay the wages that other non union companies or union companies like ups pay. At $1 hr increase in pay on 26k employees its over $1 million a week in additionally wages. Where does the company find over $50 million more in business a year ? Yes you could cut down on damages, accidents, deaths but its still not 52 million a year more.

the insurance and the vacation time accrued keep me here, but applications are being sent out.
Little savings like wasted printing: bills, manifests, dr's.... All end up in the garbage.
We are set up to go paperless, cutting the paper budget in half would probably be a huge savings.
Little savings add up but no one seems to care

She must be way to busy to worry about saving money, but then again they need to blow every penny they can to show they have no money left to offer us in the up coming contract.

Short handed so beat the fools that show up (me included). Properties and equipment are falling apart.
Customers are waiting days for a freight pick up and way to long for their deliveries.
Substandard pay, no pension, and using the give back to cover some of our health and welfare costs, it sure didn't go to pay off the company debt. That will get people to line up to work here.
I know the contract is 6 months out but there may not be enough people left by then to even keep the doors open. Sounds like the mass exodus is going on everywhere. Hate to start over but what is left to do?

Take the leap driver! I had 25 years at YRC and could not take it anymore. I quit 2 years ago and went non-union. It's the best move I've ever made and immediately friends and family told me that they noticed I had changed and i was happy again. You need to look at what happiness is worth to you and the extra time that could be spent with family instead of sitting on a tow motor

They went paperless in one of the stalls here. Only guessing because it been out for a week. They save 25 bucks just doing that.
Those large rolls are expensive.
:1036316054:

They went paperless in one of the stalls here. Only guessing because it been out for a week. They save 25 bucks just doing that.
Those large rolls are expensive.
:1036316054:
Maybe you should campaign for "glow in the dark" type......:6799:
KGvIhiG.jpg

Only health insurance keeps me here. that is it. other than that I look forward to seeing what they offer. I am guessing it will be $5 over 5 years, keep the 15% possibly 20, and you wont get back the week of vacation. The company simply doesn't make enough money to pay the wages that other non union companies or union companies like ups pay. At $1 hr increase in pay on 26k employees its over $1 million a week in additionally wages. Where does the company find over $50 million more in business a year ? Yes you could cut down on damages, accidents, deaths but its still not 52 million a year more.
That's up to the company to figure out not you.

Take the leap driver! I had 25 years at YRC and could not take it anymore. I quit 2 years ago and went non-union. It's the best move I've ever made and immediately friends and family told me that they noticed I had changed and i was happy again. You need to look at what happiness is worth to you and the extra time that could be spent with family instead of sitting on a tow motor
Scab

Lol the union has screwed You all and you call this guy a scab for bettering his life? Lol so childish, you deserve to go down with Yrc and the union with that attitude.

Funny we all will be scabs if you stay in trucking I just go in to help shut them down then off to non union for more pay.
90% of non CDL I know are Scabs because they know they will be at Burger King working after this place fails.

Funny we all will be scabs if you stay in trucking I just go in to help shut them down then off to non union for more pay.
90% of non CDL I know are Scabs because they know they will be at Burger King working after this place fails.

We had a different definition of a scab back in my days, guess your generation knows something I don't.