FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I nominate Big Dave, for providing shade while on his breaks,for travelers with his hat at rest areas on I-5 that have no shelters.

And I also nominate BillyLo, for using his break time on his route stopping at truck stops and showing fellow drivers how to properly text while driving, while eating KFC....
Good teachers with bad habits are hard to come buy. Don't forget the sign up card for the Teachers Union. Phil.

U.S. DOJ Files Brief Supporting Arbitration Agreements That Bar Employee Class Actions

http://www.natlawreview.com/article...6-19-17&utm_source=Robly.com&utm_medium=email

"When the United States filed its brief with the Supreme Court last week changing positions, it did so as a “friend of the court.” The June 16th brief is signed by lawyers from the Solicitor General’s office but not by any NLRB lawyers – although both offices were signatories to the original petition seeking review.

Under the Court’s briefing schedule, briefs from the NLRB and the employee-petitioners are due on August 9, 2017. According to a short statement on the NLRB’s website, the Solicitor General’s Office “authorized the National Labor Relations Board to represent itself” in the Murphy Oil case before the Supreme Court. This sets up a unique situation for oral arguments this fall when a lawyer from the Solicitor General’s office may argue against a lawyer for another federal agency, the NLRB."

Drivers: Don't be fooled by your windows

http://fleetowner.com/equipment/dri...m=email&elq2=bb6693be681c44278a375de10a7c83a1

"Truck driver Bill McElligott may have the world's most famous left side of a face.

Five years ago his photo was featured in the New England Journal of Medicine, accompanying a story about Unilateral Dermatoheliosis – damage to skin on half of his face caused by ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun.

Photos of the 69-year old truck driver – who had been on the road for 28-years – were shown by hundreds of media outlets throughout the world and prompted a rush by many people, especially truckers, to learn how they can protect themselves."

NEJM%20unilateral.jpg

Carrier conglomerate XPO says it’s eying new acquisitions

http://www.ccjdigital.com/carrier-conglomerate-xpo-says-its-eying-new-acquisitions/?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=06-27-2017&utm_campaign=Commercial Carrier Journal&ust_id=124f9551466b2c5785e539d1cda3c973&utm_term=newsletter-big-headline-daily-position-top-story

"XPO CEO Brad Jacobs didn’t name any companies specifically, but XPO likely has its sights set on other carriers and third-party logistics companies."
BRG Patel Consulting, when asked about possible acquisitions, stated all they were aware of at this time is that XPO hired them to look into purchasing hats like Big Dave's for their drivers,to see if that would boost revenue...

NAS report highlights flaws in SMS data quality

http://fleetowner.com/regulations/nas-report-highlights-flaws-sms-data-quality

"Specifically, ATA noted the NAS study validated the trucking industry’s concerns about the inclusion of certain types of violations in the CSA system, that geographic enforcement disparities can have a significant impact on carriers’ scores and that the collection and use of clean inspections is critical to the accuracy of the program.

“We strongly agree with the NAS conclusion that CSA should be based less on the ‘subject-matter expertise’ of enforcement and more on the empirically validated data,” added Sean Garney, ATA’s director of safety policy. “We also see great potential in the recommendation that FMCSA overhaul the current CSA methodology in favor of a new, more adaptive, data-centric model with the potential to address serious flaws in the system.”"

UPS to freeze pension plans for non-union employees

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...-pension-plans-non-union-employees/434287001/

"United Parcel Service, the nation's largest package delivery company, said Tuesday it will freeze its pension program for 70,000 nonunion employees in five years and replace it with 401k accounts, reacting to a rising pension deficit and joining other large corporations that have phased out traditional retirement plans."

As of the end of 2016, UPS' pension deficit in the U.S. totaled $9.9 billion. It owed $41.1 billion to retirees and current employees who are enrolled in the pension plans, but had enough to fund only 76% of what it owes.

"The change doesn't affect its 272,000 union employees in the U.S. But their contracts expire in July next year, and negotiations will almost certainly include the issue of retirement funding plans."

You clearly haven't heard how badly UPS treats their union employees, and how the union does nothing to stop it.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/06/ups-shooting-workplace-violence-neoliberalism-teamsters

Oh yes terrible I don't know how they make it 35 bucks an hour 90/10 health care for pennies and 3500 a month after you put in 30 years. Oh no your forcing me to work ot at 52 dollars an hour seriously???? Read your own article the people who resort to violence in workplace have some screws loose plain and simple just like the cases mentioned in your article.

Oh yes terrible I don't know how they make it 35 bucks an hour 90/10 health care for pennies and 3500 a month after you put in 30 years. Oh no your forcing me to work ot at 52 dollars an hour seriously???? Read your own article the people who resort to violence in workplace have some screws loose plain and simple just like the cases mentioned in your article.
So you're siding with UPS? You think it's okay for a supervisor to dress you down in front of your coworkers just to prove he's the boss? You think it's okay that UPS writes up their employees for completely BS reasons? You think it's okay that the Teamsters aren't doing anything to stop it, because UPS is such a successful business?

How strange that you feel a union that doesn't protect their members from daily corporate harassment is still a good, necessary union. Even stranger that you think decent pay is an excuse for the company to treat you like ::shit::.

I thought your side said it wasn't about the money. Have things changed? Does an extra $5 an hour justify being treated like trash?

FedEx’s TNT Unit ‘Significantly’ Affected by Cyberattack

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/fedexs-tnt-unit-significantly-affected-cyberattack

"Financial consequences of the disruption can’t be measured at this time but may be material, the shipping company said in a statement June 28. No data breach is known to have occurred at TNT, and no other FedEx companies have been affected. FedEx’s website carried the notation “not secure” and cautioned against entering sensitive information."

So you're siding with UPS? You think it's okay for a supervisor to dress you down in front of your coworkers just to prove he's the boss? You think it's okay that UPS writes up their employees for completely BS reasons? You think it's okay that the Teamsters aren't doing anything to stop it, because UPS is such a successful business?

How strange that you feel a union that doesn't protect their members from daily corporate harassment is still a good, necessary union. Even stranger that you think decent pay is an excuse for the company to treat you like :::shit:::.

Not siding with anyone but like I said there was more to the story you left out, the 2 people had issues out side of work. If they couldn't handle their job maybe they should have found a new one with less stress. Have you worked at UPS how do you know how the workers are treated? or did you just base your opinion on 2 Crazy people doing what they did and stereotype the rest of company world wide.

Not siding with anyone but like I said there was more to the story you left out, the 2 people had issues out side of work. If they couldn't handle their job maybe they should have found a new one with less stress. Have you worked at UPS how do you know how the workers are treated? or did you just base your opinion on 2 Crazy people doing what they did and stereotype the rest of company world wide.
I'm not basing my opinion on anything more than what I've heard from every UPS worker I've ever met. The package car drivers are viciously overworked and have to follow a series of rules laid out by UPS to turn them into perfect robots. UPS has been compared to the Marines with how strict they are and how hard they indoctrinate their employees. The article confirms all of that, and adds that the Teamsters don't stand up for them.

There's a lot more to the article than the two guys who brought guns to work, and it goes into extensive detail about how badly UPS treats their people. You're ignoring all of that to try and defend how good they have it because of their pay and benefits.

There is no excuse for treating people like robots. And the Teamsters are supposed to be protecting these people. The union ignores most of the grievances filed against UPS by their employees. You want proof? Go ask the guys over on the UPSF board how often subservice takes their loads while they sit at home because nothing in the contract protects them from it.

If you're going to be a cheerleader for the Teamsters, at least acknowledge that their members are angry with them. I talk to union drivers all the time, and they're all tired of the Teamsters not doing anything for them.

I'm not basing my opinion on anything more than what I've heard from every UPS worker I've ever met. The package car drivers are viciously overworked and have to follow a series of rules laid out by UPS to turn them into perfect robots. UPS has been compared to the Marines with how strict they are and how hard they indoctrinate their employees. The article confirms all of that, and adds that the Teamsters don't stand up for them.

There's a lot more to the article than the two guys who brought guns to work, and it goes into extensive detail about how badly UPS treats their people. You're ignoring all of that to try and defend how good they have it because of their pay and benefits.

There is no excuse for treating people like robots. And the Teamsters are supposed to be protecting these people. The union ignores most of the grievances filed against UPS by their employees. You want proof? Go ask the guys over on the UPSF board how often subservice takes their loads while they sit at home because nothing in the contract protects them from it.

If you're going to be a cheerleader for the Teamsters, at least acknowledge that their members are angry with them. I talk to union drivers all the time, and they're all tired of the Teamsters not doing anything for them.

I digress, I made a true statement about their non union employees pension not being protected and now you have turned this into all out union debate.

I digress, I made a true statement about their non union employees pension not being protected and now you have turned this into all out union debate.
I am simply contending that it's not all sunshine and rainbows for the people who are supposedly protected. Plenty of evidence to support it.

I could be seriously abused for that level of compensation, benefits and pension.
Besides, we have centers that give the UPS experience without the rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.