FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wong: Hey BRG!! I wanna take the scenic route.
BRG: Whatever! I'm trying to sleep!
Wong: Ummm, BRG? Can you call Donna and tell her to send the recovery drones this time??
Actually, I wonder if this guy was using the new trucker GPS app, DUMB AZZ???

House defeats amendment to delay ELDs but OKs measure to prevent speed limiter funding

http://www.thetrucker.com/News/Stor...ELDsbutOKsmeasuretopreventspeedlimiterfunding

"The House late Wednesday defeated an amendment that if successful, would have delayed implementation of the electronic logging device mandate.

During the same session, lawmakers passed by voice vote an amendment that would prevent federal funds being used for implementation of a speed limiter rulemaking."

Industry Celebrates Truck Drivers for Dedication to Profession

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/industry-celebrates-truck-drivers-dedication-profession

Truck drivers deliver virtually everything needed to sustain modern life, and Sept. 10-16 they are getting something in return: Thanks.

During National Truck Driver Appreciation Week that “thanks” will come in the form of highway billboards and company picnics, public proclamations and media interviews, and maybe a few extra hugs from family and friends.

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/industry-celebrates-truck-drivers-dedication-profession

Truck drivers deliver virtually everything needed to sustain modern life, and Sept. 10-16 they are getting something in return: Thanks.

During National Truck Driver Appreciation Week that “thanks” will come in the form of highway billboards and company picnics, public proclamations and media interviews, and maybe a few extra hugs from family and friends.
Don't forget about those awesome work gloves...that we used to get!! :1036316054:

Automated Steering Is Next Step

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/automated-steering-next-step

"...an automated accident avoidance technology that incorporates active steering to help the driver avoid a rear impact with a stationary object when the truck fails to decelerate quickly enough through braking alone in slippery conditions."
If a driver leaves his lane and has an accident he is at fault. Whether a computer steers you into another lane is not taken into account by law. Will you drive a truck that can put you in an at fault lawsuit without you being in control of the vehicle?

Cedar Rapids,IA.(AP) Recognizing Truck Driver Appreciation Week, local company, Coop Dispatch, a division of CRST, will have representatives, Big Dave, and his assistant, Donna, along with many dignitaries from BRG Patel Consultings, Driver Retention Group, stationed at the rest area on I-380 handing out Mountain Dew infused corndogs, and other eats all week! Dave will also have picnic tables set up for drivers to rest, and provide shade with his hat. Also scheduled to make a Thursday appearance is the renowned driving team, Wong-BRG, who will have guided tours of their world famous Gold Hotel. The kids will also be able to have their pictures taken wearing Big Dave's hat for a 15 cents...

Cedar Rapids,IA.(AP) Recognizing Truck Driver Appreciation Week, local company, Coop Dispatch, a division of CRST, will have representatives, Big Dave, and his assistant, Donna, along with many dignitaries from BRG Patel Consultings, Driver Retention Group, stationed at the rest area on I-380 handing out Mountain Dew infused corndogs, and other eats all week! Dave will also have picnic tables set up for drivers to rest, and provide shade with his hat. Also scheduled to make a Thursday appearance is the renowned driving team, Wong-BRG, who will have guided tours of their world famous Gold Hotel. The kids will also be able to have their pictures taken wearing Big Dave's hat for a 15 cents...

Are reserved seats available, and do you accept American Express? Thanks

What's the limit for the amount of kids allowed to wear Big Dave's hat at the same time for the required 15 cents and will Big Dave, his assistant Donna, and the renowned driving team, Wong-BRG, be available to sign autographs??

What's the limit for the amount of kids allowed to wear Big Dave's hat at the same time for the required 15 cents and will Big Dave, his assistant Donna, and the renowned driving team, Wong-BRG, be available to sign autographs??
I just talked to the "Hat", and he said they took a group picture with 22 kids this afternoon from a grade school,but the only thing you could see was the hat. Teacher was calling the school to see if they could send another bus load to help hold it up so you could see the kids... All public information,including autographs, are handled by BRG Patel Public Information Coordinator, Nutzz Patel... you can reach Nutzz by calling the 7 Eleven in Des Moines, and ask for him by his nickname,Harry...

XPO Redoubling E-Commerce Efforts, Will Expand U.S. Network Through 2018

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/xpo-redoubling-e-commerce-efforts-will-expand-us-network-through-2018

"XPO Logistics Inc. will double its last-mile warehouses to capitalize on the rapid growth of e-commerce in North America, the company announced Sept. 12."

"XPO assisted in nearly 13 million home and commercial deliveries last year, including installation and assembly of appliances, large electronics, furniture and other hard-to-handle items." :eek new:

Blue Tree Systems Adds ‘Anticipation’ Feature

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/blue-tree-systems-adds-anticipation-feature

"Telematics provider Blue Tree Systems released a feature that analyzes drivers’ braking habits on Brake Safety Day, an event sponsored by the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance.

“Anticipation” measures the gap between a driver’s release of the accelerator pedal and application of the brakes, Blue Tree said in a statement released Sept. 7, also Brake Safety Day.

A small gap in time indicates sudden, reactive braking, whereas a longer stretch means the driver has planned for the stop, which decreases wear and tear on brakes, the company said. Longer gaps also are consistent with better fuel economy."

I just talked to the "Hat", and he said they took a group picture with 22 kids this afternoon from a grade school,but the only thing you could see was the hat. Teacher was calling the school to see if they could send another bus load to help hold it up so you could see the kids... All public information,including autographs, are handled by BRG Patel Public Information Coordinator, Nutzz Patel... you can reach Nutzz by calling the 7 Eleven in Des Moines, and ask for him by his nickname,Harry...
That was my concern, I'll have Principal Meoff, aka Jack, over at the School for Children with Enormously Large Heads (home of the Trojans) instruct Teacher of the Year Ms. Comes, aka Betty, to bring the entire 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade classes over for a photo...should make an excellent pic for the yearbook!!

As for your Public Information Coordinator Harry and his son Fuzzy, all they do is hang around all day doing nothing...wasted salaries if you ask me!! I prefer to deal with Ms. Nutzz Patel, aka Anita, she can be uptight at first but after a little stroking she's wide open...if you know what I mean!!

LTL Sector Enjoys Fruitful 2017

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/ltl-sector-enjoys-fruitful-2017

"In the LTL sector, Stifel analyst Dave Ross reported that tonnage per day was up 4% year-over-year in the second quarter when combining all the publicly traded carriers. Weight per shipment was slightly up in the first two quarters, which Ross attributed to the bounce-back year in the Institute for Supply Chain Management’s manufacturing index in 2017. Less-than-truckload also may benefit further as e-commerce grabs a larger slice of the retail marketplace."

FedEx Quarterly report will be out 9-20, so stay tuned...

House clears amendment to block speed limiter mandate

http://www.ccjdigital.com/house-cle...a3c973&utm_term=newsletter-2-daily-position-1

"The amendment specifically targets the speed limiter mandate proposed rule issued last year by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, which drew rebuke by most industry trade groups and highway safety advocacy groups. The amendment, brought by Rep. Scott Perry (R-Pa.), bars FMCSA from finalizing that rule. It was passed via a voice vote by the House last Wednesday and is now part of a House package that funds the government in the 2018 fiscal year. However, the bill still has not been passed by the House, nor has it been passed by the Senate."

Status
Not open for further replies.