Holland | Our new Image

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you ARE NOT accurate with that statement. There are other companies where their line haul drivers are breaking the 100K also. That's a fact.
Well Mr flash how about naming some off with the exception of Holland well make it short YRC in General, ABF ,OD and UPS them guys at Conway may bring in some pretty decent pay but look at the bull crap they gotta put up with drive 500+ miles a night work the dock and return home with 14 hour work day what I'm trying to say to you zz top lookalikes ac/dc wannabes smoke brake enthusiast coffe drinking bums and tat ed up lil Wayne's most these companies want touch you with a 10ft poll much less let you in the office judge the equipment judge the drivers driving the equipment some of y'all look worse than the sh/t we drive but go on and name off some places where some of y'all would be able to call home beside Holland and make right at 100k a year and FYI you can't go by how much companies pay per mile and think every one drives 3000+ miles a week take for instance I have a friend that drives for SOUTHEASTERN FREIGHT LINES that yea makes .56© a mile gets paid 24 bucks a hour and 8 for a drop and hook but guess what when you only run 300-400 miles a night and once in a blue moon you get 500 miles and you get paid no layover get paid no wait time and deff don't get paid to sit in a dang motel for 18 hours and finish up the beer you bought at 4am in the morning go figure the math up and I gurantee just because he makes more per mile and hour at the end of the week who's pay check gonna be bigger ching ching mofo mine

That's a classy response. I like that. SO......you started out with UPS and OD, now you've added ABF and Conway to the list of $100K+.

Keep going.........there are others too.
:biglaugh:

You've already made my point and proved that your original post was inaccurate.

That's a classy response. I like that. SO......you started out with UPS and OD, now you've added ABF and Conway to the list of $100K+.

Keep going.........there are others too.
:biglaugh:

You've already made my point and proved that your original post was inaccurate.
If you read the first post I already had those listed except abf and Conway but you know just like I know a junior driver at abf out of a big hub ain't gonna be making big bucks there first few years and as far as conway as much work they do they should be on up there but I don't work there and don't plan on working for a slave scab operation so finish up the list Mr flash you probably can't because its not happening

My point is simple......update your info. supertrucker, As I often say, the Teamsters No longer have the better product to sell to drivers. Many of the carriers have equal pay and benefits......and don't have to drive a bunch of junk down the road either.

hustle for the same jerks who took my money?

you would be fine with another pay cut, as long as they turned these trucks up to 70, so you could "hustle", huh?
Didn't vote for the first 2 pay cuts and don't plan on voting for the 3rd if there is one they didn't take your money your union brothers who voted yes took your money like I said Mr buffalo in previous post stop ******** and complaining and do something about it freight can't move without us moving it simple as that STRIKE fight for what's right that's all I'm trying to say here y'all have no balls no more

Last edited by a moderator:
who is going to strike, the union wouldn't sanction it, since they are a part owner of the company, and if its a wildcat, you're just fired.

I didn't vote on the cuts either, but don't bitch to Holland drivers, the no votes all came from the regionals. please educate yourself before you call out guys who did the right thing.

My point is simple......update your info. supertrucker, As I often say, the Teamsters No longer have the better product to sell to drivers. Many of the carriers have equal pay and benefits......and don't have to drive a bunch of junk down the road either.
Who made these trucks junk they sure didn't do it themselves iv seen guys with trucks that look brand spanking new with a million plus miles but the teamsters still do have a little bit of a plus side go to OD SAIA SOUTHEASTERN ESTES just to name a few non union carriers and turn a set of doubles or a big trailer over and see where your at the next morning your without a job and don't have anyone to get it back for you I seen a lot of good driver's and dock workers at southeastern lose there job over stupid BS and no one there to,defend them to get there jobs back and even though no job is secure we do,have a little bit of job security here and to be honest I didn't like working at a place where you had to,ask to go to the bathroom or having a Nextel go off every 5 min wanting to know where your at and your eta to your next stop or having to count your steps and report back to,dispatch the number and on line haul run 30 min past your eta and your phone and cpu start blowing up wanting to know where your at and unlike over here at Holland you keep being late with southeastern guess what that's right you get a one way ticket to the unemployment line or forced back in the city just depending on how long you stay under the TM desk so a lot of guys get the big one way ticket but I'm not Gina sit here and deny it yea our equipment ain't the best but my TRUCK gets me from point A to B back to A every night I take the extra time to do a pre trip and post trip and write stuff up on the spot that needs taken care of Mb it can start by drivers taking a little better care of there trucks

I come to work run my bid and go home I can't walk by myself so Mr atm what are some ideas on what to do and the shut up part is talking about all these guys who do nothing but btch and complain and still come to work and do it all over again and then don't wanna stand up and do what's right and when you say strike everybody changes the subject like I said and I'm calling everybody out no body has any balls anymore but a few of us but its gonna take more than a few to get a point across
All the guys with balls left for better jobs. I understand why some of the older guys voted yes because they have good seniority and have it easy. Most guys over there are lazy and just want an easy check, many like me, the very hard works have left. Sad thing is most of us no voters are gone now so let's see what kind of concessions come down the pike now...

they might have equal pay, but our bennies are still better. And, as a driver who has had non union employment in the last 5 years, I will add, I don't like working at non union trucking companies, where the popular way to job security is to throw co workers under the bus, and skip your breaks. I know that it also happens at Teamster companies, but they cant touch you if you do your job properly.

who is going to strike, the union wouldn't sanction it, since they are a part owner of the company, and if its a wildcat, you're just fired.

I didn't vote on the cuts either, but don't bitch to Holland drivers, the no votes all came from the regionals. please educate yourself before you call out guys who did the right thing.
I know plenty of guys here at Holland that voted yes don't blame It all on YRC NEW PENN and Reddeway and yea its gonna take everybody to jump on board for a strike but what I don't get all you guys that complain don't wana seem to come together and do something about it if everybody walked out tonight today all over they can't fire all of US

All the guys with balls left for better jobs. I understand why some of the older guys voted yes because they have good seniority and have it easy. Most guys over there are lazy and just want an easy check, many like me, the very hard works have left. Sad thing is most of us no voters are gone now so let's see what kind of concessions come down the pike now...
I'm a hard worker and I'm still here but i ain't the type to jump from freight company to,freight,company there all the same just different colored trucks and I know some guys who left and came back over here and there are a few that have left and are waiting to,come,back over the grass ain't always greener on the other side but yes indeed there are plenty of lazy ****** over here they need be gone but what are you gonna do they stuck here like glue

no, but they could shut it down. and like I said, the union is 25% owner of the company, they aren't going to strike themselves.
Let them shut it down like I said earlier just bc someone closes the doors don't mean that freight they was hauling disappears I don't wana see this place shut down I like working here and like most the guys I work with and have met over the years but something gotta give to many people complain and still come to,work and do nothing about it and another thing ******* up the customer freight and saying its pay back that's not payback them customers ain't have nothing to,do with YRC OR HOLLANDS f ups

I agree, I was talking to a senior driver out of SB, he said 4 guys quit to go to wally world. the same 4 guys found out wally world isn't all it was cracked up to be, and quit there as well.

I just think blue collar jobs are going to continue to suck more and more, and if you hear some guy bragging about what a great job he's got, he's probably an idiot. The days of nice pensions, 30 and out, new equipment, good treatment, and strong unions are gone. Welcome to idiot world, where unions are bad, blue collar workers of years gone by made "too much money", and you need to look out for your boss before you look out for yourself and your family.

no, but they could shut it down. and like I said, the union is 25% owner of the company, they aren't going to strike themselves.
The union isnt 25% owner. That percentage was given to the members in the form of stock in a 401k. The union doesnt own anything.