FedEx Freight | Out of fuel

sourpickle

TB Lurker
Credits
Tell me what happens to you if you run out of fuel on your tractor here at FedEx. Because a road driver this week ran out of fuel this week just 5 miles from the terminal.

we had one guy run out of fuel, don't think they did anything to him

not to be a jerk but why does everybody always think they have an answer.most of the new trucks gauges r 50gal off.

My truck is this way, the low fuel warning comes on after burning 80 gallons, shows empty at 100 gallons. My truck is like many and has a single 150 gallon tank.

I've run 130 gallons out of mine because I know the deal with it, but if someone drove it and didn't know it, it would make most nervous.

roog

!

Well, very very soon from what I hear the genuises at the helm of this ship will issue a new policy stating that tractors will no longer burn fuel.

And so it will be.

Well, very very soon from what I hear the genuises at the helm of this ship will issue a new policy stating that tractors will no longer burn fuel.

And so it will be.

That's probably true, there will be sails mounted in front of the hood and you will be propelled to your destination by hot air. Where will the hot air come from? An endless recording of Rush Windbag playing in your tractor.

Tell me what happens to you if you run out of fuel on your tractor here at FedEx. Because a road driver this week ran out of fuel this week just 5 miles from the terminal.

In the west, it is "progressive discipline" and loss of VPEP. So basically it is progressive discipline.

It used to be a chargeable. Then they bought all the trucks with only one fuel tank, and too many drivers were unable to finish the run. So now it is not a big deal. I dont understand why these tractors get such poor fuel mileage. I have a new Volvo and am lucky to get5.9mpg, and I only pull twins, with light loads. Could it be something in the programming?

ur pickle is screwed

Had a city driver run out of fuel. He showed them that the fuel gage said full. The say he should have removed the caps and visually checked during his pre trip. He got a chargeable. :nutkick:

not to be a jerk but why does everybody always think they have an answer.most of the new trucks gauges r 50gal off.

I agree the gauges are off,to the good. When my low fuel light comes on I start paying attention.I can run almost 100 miles once it comes on.
Oh and by the way I dont have all the answers.

Have a good weekend.:smilie_132:

Nothing happens. A driver from SHM ran out of fuel one day got his 5 gals brought to him drove off passed up 3 fuel stops and ran out of fuel again. They brought him another 5 gal. I do believe he stopped and fueled the next fuel stop. Nothing happed to him.:chairshot:

Basically what will happen is, as the last remains of fuel is being drawn out of the tanks, the engine will begin to sputter, and finally quit completely. At that point, the entire truck will begin to slow untill it finally comes to a complete stop. :D

another story

I hit a deer with my road truck....a wrecker brought a new KW city truck (full of fuel..I looked in the tank) ...dummie me ran out of fuel before I got back ... It drew and burned about 58 gallon ...HRO breakdown raised cain with me...until I told them..Hey you brought this to me ....not another word about it .... I tell ya ... some really smart people bought trucks with only a single small fuel tank ... yes I should have watched the fuel... but when you are used to a truck that will go 900 miles on a fill up.....I wonder who got the chargeable ...I didn't .....