FedEx Freight | Out of fuel

Basically what will happen is, as the last remains of fuel is being drawn out of the tanks, the engine will begin to sputter, and finally quit completely. At that point, the entire truck will begin to slow untill it finally comes to a complete stop. :D

:biglaugh:Now thats funny.:hysterical:

Basically what will happen is, as the last remains of fuel is being drawn out of the tanks, the engine will begin to sputter, and finally quit completely. At that point, the entire truck will begin to slow untill it finally comes to a complete stop. :D

I've never run out of fuel, glad we could get some insight from someone who has... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Now thats funny stuff there! my wife just looked at me from the other room wondering why I was laughing/crying in here!!!:biglaugh:

You my friend, have a sense of humor.....very refreshing around these parts....I'd send greenies your way, but I have absolutely no idea how to do so.....:hysterical::hysterical:

Thank you!! You made my day!!:hysterical::hide:

depends is the driver a friend of a red shirt?if so than its funny and nothing.

if managment doesn't like him its an accident

We have a shop at our barn.. any road calls that the shop makes has to be reported. Once reported follow-up has to be made, and if an accident or incident, it has to be reported.. There was one occasion that the shop guys tried to cover up for a driver knocking a mirror off.. The shop guy is no longer here..

I love my guys, and have a good working relationship with them.. but I am not losing my job for ANYONE.. it's pretty hard to get run off here.. other than accidents, about the only three ways to get fired from FXFE is Lie, Cheat or Steal!

Nothing happens. A driver from SHM ran out of fuel one day got his 5 gals brought to him drove off passed up 3 fuel stops and ran out of fuel again. They brought him another 5 gal. I do believe he stopped and fueled the next fuel stop. Nothing happed to him.:chairshot:
The driver ran out of fuel twice! Maybe manangement felt bad for him for his lack of common sense and showed mercy on him.:chairshot::chairshot:

We have a shop at our barn.. any road calls that the shop makes has to be reported. Once reported follow-up has to be made, and if an accident or incident, it has to be reported.. There was one occasion that the shop guys tried to cover up for a driver knocking a mirror off.. The shop guy is no longer here..

I love my guys, and have a good working relationship with them.. but I am not losing my job for ANYONE.. it's pretty hard to get run off here.. other than accidents, about the only three ways to get fired from FXFE is Lie, Cheat or Steal!

i bet if smoke asked you to quit so you can be a stay at home dad you would.how was cali?

i bet if smoke asked you to quit so you can be a stay at home dad you would.how was cali?

:hysterical::biglaugh::hysterical:

GayPIC.jpg

I'm retired from UPS Freight,I was reading all of the posts on this thread.

We were charged with an incident that went into our perminate record if we ran out of fuel.
It wasn't as bad as an accident,but it was close.

I was assigned an old 64 Volvo day cab for me peddle route.
A driver used my tractor when I was off one time.
My fuel gadge never worked as long as I had this tractor.
I had to check the fuel level with a stick.
Well the thing was whoever used someone elses tractor they were supposed to top the tanks when they were done with it.

I saw that this city driver used it because of the VCR in my drivers door pocket.

Well then you know what it is to assume something.

Sure enough I was about 50 miles from my terminal,and I my tanks went dry.

I had a very good customer call a home heating delivery guy.
He said he'd sell me enough to get back,but told me not to say where I bought the fuel.

This is when I learned the only difference in home heating oil,and the fuel we burn in out tractors is a dye the government requires,in home heating,is a different color,then agriculture,and the higher priced diesel the trucking company use.

Well to make a long story short.
I paid for the fuel out of my pocket.
When I got back,I tryed to get my TM to pay me back.
He says you want a letter in your file,or would you like to forget you ran out?

Well of course the fuel was on me,I took a pass on a letter in my file.

From that time on,I kept my mileage on a little note pad.
When I had around 600 miles added up from my last fuel.
I'd fuel up again,if someone used my tractor when I was off.
I checked my pad to see how many miles was on the pad since my last fill up.

I agree the gauges are off,to the good. When my low fuel light comes on I start paying attention.I can run almost 100 miles once it comes on.
Oh and by the way I dont have all the answers.

Have a good weekend.:smilie_132:

naw, you don't have the answers BUT, you have been known to quote them from the truck drivers bible from time to time. :shades:
but that just one reason why I like you, I can always depend on you to point out the way!
and to the rest of you .... quit picking on Pompano he is sensitive :hysterical:

I'm retired from UPS Freight,I was reading all of the posts on this thread.

We were charged with an incident that went into our perminate record if we ran out of fuel.
It wasn't as bad as an accident,but it was close.

I was assigned an old 64 Volvo day cab for me peddle route.
A driver used my tractor when I was off one time.
My fuel gadge never worked as long as I had this tractor.
I had to check the fuel level with a stick.
Well the thing was whoever used someone elses tractor they were supposed to top the tanks when they were done with it.

I saw that this city driver used it because of the VCR in my drivers door pocket.

Well then you know what it is to assume something.

Sure enough I was about 50 miles from my terminal,and I my tanks went dry.

I had a very good customer call a home heating delivery guy.
He said he'd sell me enough to get back,but told me not to say where I bought the fuel.

This is when I learned the only difference in home heating oil,and the fuel we burn in out tractors is a dye the government requires,in home heating,is a different color,then agriculture,and the higher priced diesel the trucking company use.

Well to make a long story short.
I paid for the fuel out of my pocket.
When I got back,I tryed to get my TM to pay me back.
He says you want a letter in your file,or would you like to forget you ran out?

Well of course the fuel was on me,I took a pass on a letter in my file.

From that time on,I kept my mileage on a little note pad.
When I had around 600 miles added up from my last fuel.
I'd fuel up again,if someone used my tractor when I was off.
I checked my pad to see how many miles was on the pad since my last fill up.

Then what happened?

I think someone told me that it was a automatic truck. That it bruins a lot of fuel. Don't know how true that is maybe you guys know.

I agree the gauges are off,to the good. When my low fuel light comes on I start paying attention.I can run almost 100 miles once it comes on.
Oh and by the way I dont have all the answers.

Have a good weekend.:smilie_132:

Pompano drives a Autoshift truck and he has stated "When my low fuel light comes on I start paying attention.I can run almost 100 miles once it comes on."

he can add to it I guess

Pompano drives a Autoshift truck and he has stated "When my low fuel light comes on I start paying attention.I can run almost 100 miles once it comes on."

he can add to it I guess

A lot of them are wrong, when my low fuel light comes on I can go another 250 miles easy. I have a 150 gallon tank and it comes on at 80 gallons burned (I reset my fuel data at the start of every trip.) The most I've ever burned is 130 gallons for a 596 mile trip. Anything after that and I'm stopping to get fuel.

roog