Central Transport | Over 16,000 shipments picked up yesterday....

ltlguy2013

TB Lurker
Credits
Letter the trollers troll....keep hating while they keep getting more and more freight....

That's 6,000 bill growth in 5 months and still holding low 90's on time %.
In all my management years at Vitran we never saw low 90's.

Letter the trollers troll....keep hating while they keep getting more and more freight....

That's 6,000 bill growth in 5 months and still holding low 90's on time %.
In all my management years at Vitran we never saw low 90's.

The numbers are never wrong?

I always say everyone bs's there ontime numbers a bit. But bill count is not.
That is actually bill counted credited and billed. Some un billed were still out there so final number
should lay around 16,300

I always say everyone bs's there ontime numbers a bit. But bill count is not.
That is actually bill counted credited and billed. Some un billed were still out there so final number
should lay around 16,300
It doesn't matter if CT picks up 20.000 bills........ My issue with Central Transport was Healthcare and the junky equipment that was unsafe and put my life and the publics lives in danger. In my America that's my right to walk away from that....In your America its your right to accept that if you choose...Further more I must have pride in the company I work for and believe that they have integrity. I could never have that at Central Transport.........They were deceptive to the Vitran workers from the start. I lost all respect for them and chose to leave...They have no ethics or integrity in my opinion and that is unacceptable..

Last edited by a moderator:
Over 16,000 shipments picked up yesterday.... And they still can't afford to pay you a decent wage or offer you a competitive benefit package. Nice. You must be proud.

I'm just as proud as the Pjax and Vitran drivers. Where is your company now?
CT may not over pay drivers but drivers get a check every week...
You may say they have no integrity, that's your opinion. But what about 14 drivers from my city who have been with CT for 10+ years and enjoy working there. You say you can't stand the company yet you troll the boards like a leach. Doing nothing but bashing the company that bought
out your company and instead of putting you on the street....let you keep your current wage and gave you a job.
Yes, CT ownership is horrible, heartless men that care nothing about you.....please. There businessmen. If you had problems with health care then get on Obamacare. Didn't like the equipment, I promise you, from being at 3 different terminals in 3 different states with Vitran, CT is NO WORSE!

Things didn't work out for you, sorry to hear it, but don't waste out time having to read your bitching.
Go to your companies board and give them the due praise they deserve

And no one said it wasn't your right to walk away. I'm glad you did, negativity is like cancer. I saw it all over Vitran. People stopped caring and it drove the company under. Go ahead and blame that on Keylon, Hurst or any of them. End of the day is came down to the employees. Drivers, dock, clerks, supervisors, managers.
But that doesn't give you the right to bad mouth other peoples company they make a living for.

I'm just as proud as the Pjax and Vitran drivers. Where is your company now?
CT may not over pay drivers but drivers get a check every week...
You may say they have no integrity, that's your opinion. But what about 14 drivers from my city who have been with CT for 10+ years and enjoy working there. You say you can't stand the company yet you troll the boards like a leach. Doing nothing but bashing the company that bought
out your company and instead of putting you on the street....let you keep your current wage and gave you a job.
Yes, CT ownership is horrible, heartless men that care nothing about you.....please. There businessmen. If you had problems with health care then get on Obamacare. Didn't like the equipment, I promise you, from being at 3 different terminals in 3 different states with Vitran, CT is NO WORSE!

Things didn't work out for you, sorry to hear it, but don't waste out time having to read your bitching.
Go to your companies board and give them the due praise they deserve

You sure told them.. now breathe and relax before u get a aneurysm. SHEESH

Service in the low 90s....that's Absoutely horrible...it needs to be up in the hight 98% range to be competive....if not that bill count will fall like a rock

Its easy when you just smash the hell out of the freight rather than take the time to do it right.

The freight we're seeing get to our terminal is abysmal failure to the power of scrap.

And that's coming from a veteran CT driver.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm just a driver but 90% sounds pretty good considering I'm leaving the term with 10 to 12 del a day and not bringing anything back and picking up 5 to 8 pickups a day... and my del area is 70 miles away from the terminal and I del 2 to 3 different counties. and not to mention showing a positive no# on my sheet at the end of the day maybe 2 to 3 times a week , there's guys who do more but there delivery area is closer and more condensed, so from what I can tell looks like we are getting the job done. and my start time is 7:30 and I usually clock out at 6:30..thats 10.5 hours a day with 30 min lunch???? it is a bit ridiculous that X Vitran/Central drivers are still rehashing the same sob story while periodically banning me. but at SOME POINT you really need to live your own miserable lives, and go to your new jobs and maybe talk on their forum , it's the same 3 to 5 people all the time on here... but after all Central will always be the focus and it helps them recover from their bad choices they made in life.....

BTW, I was the guy telling the Vitran drivers to give it time. I said things would get better, just push through.

Guess who's been eating his words?

And no, the other companies aren't over paying the drivers. They're fairly paying them. Your words are spoken like a true corporate stooge who's never been in a truck.

I've been on both ends of the spectrum. The drivers are the companies most valuable resource, and they're leaving faster than I've ever seen.

I used to love my job. The last few months have beaten that right out of me.

Most of the bills are automotive, I hope there percentage is up there. Go crawl back to the c.t. alter to get anointed with ointment.

I'm just a driver but 90% sounds pretty good considering I'm leaving the term with 10 to 12 del a day and not bringing anything back and picking up 5 to 8 pickups a day... and my del area is 70 miles away from the terminal and I del 2 to 3 different counties. and not to mention showing a positive no# on my sheet at the end of the day maybe 2 to 3 times a week , there's guys who do more but there delivery area is closer and more condensed, so from what I can tell looks like we are getting the job done. and my start time is 7:30 and I usually clock out at 6:30..thats 10.5 hours a day with 30 min lunch???? it is a bit ridiculous that X Vitran/Central drivers are still rehashing the same sob story while periodically banning me. but at SOME POINT you really need to live your own miserable lives, and go to your new jobs and maybe talk on their forum , it's the same 3 to 5 people all the time on here... but after all Central will always be the focus and it helps them recover from their bad choices they made in life.....

You're getting banned for your foul language among other things that you alone create.

Its not hard, I do the same thing daily, plus I'm covering picks for part of another terminals territory since they can't keep drivers.

BTW, I was the guy telling the Vitran drivers to give it time. I said things would get better, just push through.

Guess who's been eating his words?

And no, the other companies aren't over paying the drivers. They're fairly paying them. Your words are spoken like a true corporate stooge who's never been in a truck.

I've been on both ends of the spectrum. The drivers are the companies most valuable resource, and they're leaving faster than I've ever seen.

I used to love my job. The last few months have beaten that right out of me.

When I first started at CT from Vitran in November of 13 I was very positive...........Go back and read my post in that year and you will notice I said lets hang on and give it a shot...I was grateful that Matthew and his family saved many jobs..........But as time went on I realized the truth and at that point I knew I had to leave....42 your the one that have made bad choices by staying........But then your probably stuck because you haven't got what it takes to get on with the elite LTL companies....You know the ones that on-time percentage stays around 98-99 most all the time. Companies like OD.....Saia.....Estes....Southeastern.....wouldn't even give you a second look....You and your buddy LTLguy are right were you belong with CT........With the bottom feeders of the LTL world.