Estes | Over-board line-haul position questions...

Red Ball Motor Freight........If I was 30 years younger.........

Back then mud, Red Ball wouldn't let an average Joe like myself run linehaul...We were union, so that big money never came with them..Before I could get a linehaul position, they went out...

this job isnt that bad. if you dont like the work, leave. then there will be more freight for me to move. Go to a truckload carrier and see how they care about you. extra board is what you make of it. Last week I had 14 hours rapped up for 390 miles doing long island at 700 am. take the good with the bad. moneies good here though

You must have a handicap sticker on your tractor windshield.

LOL...Not yet...But they are calling me "the old guy" around the barn though...I let them have their fun...They're good kids and believe it or not,good drivers too...

i started in 1964 and if i 30 years younger i would not loo at a trucking company today i would be a brain surgen or a dot cop

this job isnt that bad. if you dont like the work, leave. then there will be more freight for me to move. Go to a truckload carrier and see how they care about you. extra board is what you make of it. Last week I had 14 hours rapped up for 390 miles doing long island at 700 am. take the good with the bad. moneies good here though

Damn and I thought I had it bad when I could not get out of Virginia for 2 days a couple of weeks ago, but I ended up with 2800 + for the week.

Just checked out of a real nice LaQuinta in Wausau. Pool, sauna, flat screen, nice restaurants nearby. Hardly a dump. Picked up last Weeks direct deposit stub and just broke thru $28,000 and its only May 1st. If I run those numbers out, thats 81 for the year. I am topped out at 54 1/2 cpm. Pretty rough here.

Just checked out of a real nice LaQuinta in Wausau. Pool, sauna, flat screen, nice restaurants nearby. Hardly a dump. Picked up last Weeks direct deposit stub and just broke thru $28,000 and its only May 1st. If I run those numbers out, thats 81 for the year. I am topped out at 54 1/2 cpm. Pretty rough here.
I have no idea where some people get their stories from. Many have never ran extraboard but talk about it like it's the worst schedule to get. Truth be told, I'm normally sitting on the couch Friday night looking like Al Bundy with 500 more miles than the ones still at the yard waiting for their bills. Not to mention the ones that leave Saturday morning worried about if their meet person left on time. I sometimes run an extra day to help when it's busy but it's always my choice. These guys log on here and badmouth a position they've never run or can't even spell then don't want to hear the good stories. **** on them. Those are the ones that expect a brand new shiny ride their first year and block 15 doors because they are to sorry to walk 50 yards. Then they try and put their greasy paws on my $350 load going down in the land of the Seminole.
bundy.jpg

I have no idea where some people get their stories from. Many have never ran extraboard but talk about it like it's the worst schedule to get. Truth be told, I'm normally sitting on the couch Friday night looking like Al Bundy with 500 more miles than the ones still at the yard waiting for their bills. Not to mention the ones that leave Saturday morning worried about if their meet person left on time. I sometimes run an extra day to help when it's busy but it's always my choice. These guys log on here and badmouth a position they've never run or can't even spell then don't want to hear the good stories. **** on them. Those are the ones that expect a brand new shiny ride their first year and block 15 doors because they are to sorry to walk 50 yards. Then they try and put their greasy paws on my $350 load going down in the land of the Seminole.
bundy.jpg

That's because You Are The Man.............

One man's junk, is another man's treasure. He says he likes the money part of it, and there are several including myself that are making in access of 80k. Yet he is willing to take one mans bad attitude to heart and actually let that bad attitude dictate the rest of his life. The biggest thing about xtra board is, it is what you make of it. If you let bad attitudes influence your thoughts, then you most likely will not last. If you can think for yourself and look for more positives than negatives, you will do alright, like the rest of us 80k+ people

I did 65,000 my first year here running extraboard. 45.5 cpm. M-F. I often didn't get out til Tuesday. I think they start xboard at 46.75 cpm now.