Yellow | P&D Drivers, Hows your Customers?

in okc the customers don't seem to care that we are merged. all they want is the same service that they are use to.

How 'bout it Southbound

in okc the customers don't seem to care that we are merged. all they want is the same service that they are use to.

Noticed the service coming in & out of texas & florida has gotten alot faster. I recently started p/u for lanes into Al, La & Ga. B4 it would take 3-4 days to get freight delivered from Va to these places. The nons used to get all that freight for those lanes, not anymore.

Anyone loading directs for points beyond their normal breakbulk. We normally loaded everythiing to Maybrook or Buffalo. We are making loads to 3 to 5 other breaks a night now. Hey Louie, how'd the vote go yesterday?

Vote on the work rules went well with some changes put into place as far as bidding practices. The road guys got into a heated debate over a seniority board verses the wheel board which was pretty entertaining.

Alittle :Off-Topic: but it was like a civil war in there with the roadies. Had the guys from 120, 135 &123 verses the 671, 682, 511 plus a few the guys hired off the street from Watkins, Wilson& a couple of former Allied car haulers. It was a pretty entertaining meeting to say the least :popcorn:

Some want to run hard and the others don't

Back when i was in p&d the dock supers knew which routs the long boxes were ok in (newer industral ) and where not to send them (the older part of town) i had no problem with long box in the right aera.
:knockout::knockout:are you trying to hiptnotize me:clap:i see your avatar and cant see nothing else.:popcorn:

A GOOD THREAD. I am usually on the road lately, and it is nice to see a little daylight. KEEP UP the GOOD WORK GUYS!

I am hearing our place is heavy on deliveries, light on pickups.

Some customers ticked off, some going with the flow.

Lot's of inbound freight (30 trailers full?) for deliveries is showing up with no bills so it's all sitting while OS&D sorts it out.

But we are busier than the competition.

The out look is bad

Im a P and D Driver in New England and I am beginning to see a change. Shippers are beginning to diversify there one time YRC only shipments. I imagine this is in concern for there economic future, that is YRC solvancy. This is not good for YRC to lose that type of volume at such a fragile time in its life. They cant afford much more of a lose in revenue and expect banks and investors to keep them aflot. Besides, once shippers move out of the dark and experiance the the type of services other carriers are providing, they will question the allocation of all there product.

Obama Who? :loser:

Inbound freight is really up and down. Outbound is still steady. It looks like on-time peformance has improved greatly. I haven't seen any late Exact Express shipments in two weeks. We have 39 guys on our list, we're working about 25 every day. I'm not sure about the rest, looks like five or six are getting a couple days a week. We have at least two on hard layoff.