Estes | P & D using 53' trailers

Thats the problem, guy says I forgot my GPS, you tell him how to get there and have to spend 30 min doing it, he has to know every little detail, drivers are ******* now days, no initiative, they want to be told how to get there and can't be bothered with using their wits.

Thats the problem, guy says I forgot my GPS, you tell him how to get there and have to spend 30 min doing it, he has to know every little detail, drivers are ******* now days, no initiative, they want to be told how to get there and can't be bothered with using their wits.

using your wits only cost time and add more aggravation to the run.

some of us would rather have a plan first; it relieves a lot of stress.

if estes would have a comments section on each bill, saved with their info, about dir, it gives the next driver more time to get there. lots of little things can add up to a big thing. it might seem a little micromanage'ish, but at the end of the day, it just makes the day go smoother, and im all for that. :)

if the gps doesnt work, time to pu the phone and atlas. until then, im using every advantage i can get.

using your wits only cost time and add more aggravation to the run.

some of us would rather have a plan first; it relieves a lot of stress.

if estes would have a comments section on each bill, saved with their info, about dir, it gives the next driver more time to get there. lots of little things can add up to a big thing. it might seem a little micromanage'ish, but at the end of the day, it just makes the day go smoother, and im all for that. :)

if the gps doesnt work, time to pu the phone and atlas. until then, im using every advantage i can get.

Problem is Rob, none of these guys know how to find a location, if the GPS ain't there they are lost, I get guys calling me everyday, knowing I'm asleep, they are that dependent, I don't care, I found my locations easy without a GPS, got address?

That requires some thinking and I figure thats what the new breed of driver wants to omit.

Gee Whiz, how did we as drivers manage before GPS and smart phones? I see guys at my house that type in the address to the GPS of stops they go to everyday, they are a slave to the damn thing.

I guess a sense of direction and old fashioned know how are not needed in todays trucking environment.

I got by for 25 years without one, but I wouldn't take anything for mine now! I use it when I know where I am going for two reasons. The speed I am traveling is more accurate on the GPS and easier to keep an eye on. The best reason is that mine alerts me of road closures on my trip or traffic backups, with the delay time. Then I can decide if I want to take an alternate route or just deal with the traffic. I still look at the Rand McNalley first when going someplace I am not familiar with.

When I ran P&D I used My smart phone. I named the buisness and my phone did all the thinking. Same on extraboard. I never use
a map for anything. It's been years since I owned one

Problem is Rob, none of these guys know how to find a location, if the GPS ain't there they are lost, I get guys calling me everyday, knowing I'm asleep, they are that dependent, I don't care, I found my locations easy without a GPS, got address?

That requires some thinking and I figure thats what the new breed of driver wants to omit.

And that ladies and gentlemen is why my phone goes on do not disturb when I go to bed in the daylight!!!

Was there a forklift App?

I don't think so. I looked for a forklift remote control app once. I also looked for a propane tank switching app. Couldn't find either. One day I may have to get off my sorry ass and do something but technology needs to come a long way before that happens.

When I ran P&D I used My smart phone. I named the buisness and my phone did all the thinking. Same on extraboard. I never use
a map for anything. It's been years since I owned one

Mildew, a man of your stature, actually had to peddle freight. Say it aint so.

He had to have at least 12 hours to do it though.... 12 hours for one stop, man, what a freight slinger.....

Oh yeah, I spent more time in the mexican restaurants than I did slinging freight. Y'all wouldn't believe some of the **** I did in the city. I felt like a politician at times.