FedEx Freight | Pallet Jacks (City Driver)

Not picking sides here, but how do many of these jacks become junk?
From user abuse.
Improperly used by driver? Like pushing only 1 leg under a pallet that won't fit both and putting huge stress on the lifting part.
Falls out of trailer going down the road because door was left open.
Picking up skid too heavy for lift capacity.
Forcing it under skids because pallet too small.
Lifting skids high to break bottom boards so it will roll easier.
Laying it on its side on trailer, instead of securing it, and oil leaks out around cylinder.
Never in 40 plus years have I ever seen a management person using a pallet jack.

In my neck of the woods a grievance would have been forthcoming.

We had a driver buy an electric jack with permission from our TM. Someone higher up found out about it and the company actually bought it back from the driver. Said he couldn't own it due to liability, like if it caught on fire or he hit someone with it. Our TM bought 2 more electric jacks but unfortunately there's a few drivers who have laid claim to them and management won't do anything about it.
Practice saying the word O.....
Then join the Club..

Does anyone know in company policy where it says we cannot purchase our own pallet jack management keeps saying company policy what policy is this? Technically, I’m a disabled vet, but I’m authorized to work. I’m physically OK however, I have some injuries from the military that bother me from time to time. However, I can still do my job. Is there anyway I can use this in my favor to try to get authorized to buy my own jack, because once we get hurt, pulling these heavy skids, you guys know that FedEx is ready the boot you out the door. I would hate for FedEx to try and disqualify me because I said I’m a disabled vet.

Did you list the disabilities on your application? If so, then they have essentially agreed to accommodate you. They can use some of that tax credit money they received for hiring you as a veteran to get you the proper tools to do your job.

Does anyone know in company policy where it says we cannot purchase our own pallet jack management keeps saying company policy what policy is this? Technically, I’m a disabled vet, but I’m authorized to work. I’m physically OK however, I have some injuries from the military that bother me from time to time. However, I can still do my job. Is there anyway I can use this in my favor to try to get authorized to buy my own jack, because once we get hurt, pulling these heavy skids, you guys know that FedEx is ready the boot you out the door. I would hate for FedEx to try and disqualify me because I said I’m a disabled vet.
Don’t come at it from the the disabled vet angle. They get their tax break for you being on the payroll. That is the end of the extant that they care about you being a veteran. Tell them that you need your own pallet jack to help affirm your gender identity. While that doesn’t make any sense, they’ll hear the buzzwords and act to avoid a problem.

Don’t come at it from the the disabled vet angle. They get their tax break for you being on the payroll. That is the end of the extant that they care about you being a veteran. Tell them that you need your own pallet jack to help affirm your gender identity. While that doesn’t make any sense, they’ll hear the buzzwords and act to avoid a problem.
A gay pallet jack? Sounds kinky.

This is the reason that liberalism is a mental disorder.
Are you inferring that I’m a liberal? I suggested to the op to use the absurd to get FedEx to respond to his need for a pallet jack. He kept pointing out that he’s a disabled vet, which they don’t care about. I suggested to take a different approach at something FedEx does care about, their DEI score. Nowhere did I suggest that he say he’s a woman or a homosexual. But, just as I expect FedEx to do, the smooth brained sludge that infests this message board reacted to the buzzwords and automatically made it about homosexuality and liberalism.

Here, let me pray you wretched dolts. Please put your hand on the screen, close your eyes and bow your heads as you read this:

Dear Baby Jesus,
Please bless those who grace message boards with their presence, that they may miraculously transcend their blithering idiocy and actually utilize the oxygen they so generously consume. May their words be a beacon of wisdom, or at least not induce facepalms in the readers. Grant them the miraculous ability to engage in discourse without descending into the depths of mind-numbing banter. Amen

Last edited:
Are you inferring that I’m a liberal? I suggested to the op to use the absurd to get FedEx to respond to his need for a pallet jack. He kept pointing out that he’s a disabled vet, which they don’t care about. I suggested to take a different approach at something FedEx does care about, their DEI score. Nowhere did I suggest that he say he’s a woman or a homosexual. But, just as I expect FedEx to do, the smooth brained sludge that infests this message board reacted to the buzzwords and automatically made it about homosexuality and liberalism.

Here, let me pray you wretched dolts. Please put your hand on the screen, close your eyes and bow your heads as you read this:

Dear Baby Jesus,

Please bless those who grace message boards with their presence, that they may miraculously transcend their blithering idiocy and actually utilize the oxygen they so generously consume. May their words be a beacon of wisdom, or at least not induce facepalms in the readers. Grant them the miraculous ability to engage in discourse without descending into the depths of mind-numbing banter. Amen
You're in error, there is no baby Jesus. He is risen. Your wisdom is counted as foolishness in His sight. End of discussion

You're in error, there is no baby Jesus. He is risen. Your wisdom is counted as foolishness in His sight. End of discussion
Look who went from judgmental to pious in only 13 minutes. A little slow, but you got it done. Yay for you!

I’ll pray to whomever I like. While I think you’re exactly smart enough to be part of the government, I don’t think you are. But I find it ironic that you call me a liberal and then try to infringe on my 1st amendment constitutional right.

Oh, by the way Glock76, I hope you get your pallet jack situation figured out. FedEx seems to have a mistaken idea that drivers enjoy having to pick the nicest piece of junk in the pile.

Look who went from judgmental to pious in only 13 minutes. A little slow, but you got it done. Yay for you!

I’ll pray to whomever I like. While I think you’re exactly smart enough to be part of the government, I don’t think you are. But I find it ironic that you call me a liberal and then try to infringe on my 1st amendment constitutional right.

Oh, by the way Glock76, I hope you get your pallet jack situation figured out. FedEx seems to have a mistaken idea that drivers enjoy having to pick the nicest piece of junk in the pile.
I imagine its like trying to find spares on the road, find whatever piece of ::shit:: that smells the least.