R&L | paramont drivers

P

peed off

Does anyone know how it should work when your terminal has paramont drivers working in it. Heres my problem... I got a alright paying bid run ,but they were giving me extra work to do. Now they hired a lease driver to do my extra work. Is there anything I can do about this.

Does anyone know how it should work when your terminal has paramont drivers working in it. Heres my problem... I got a alright paying bid run ,but they were giving me extra work to do. Now they hired a lease driver to do my extra work. Is there anything I can do about this.
I don't think they hired the guy to run extra work.. They must have other plans, or there is more to the story your not telling. I'm not sticking up for anyone or anything.... It just doesn't sound right......Maybe they are planning for more work soon at your yard...... I still don't think this Paramount thing will do R&L any good. I belive it might burn them in the end.......

rumor is paramount flex is a thing of the past it was part of the old pres. world, we have alot of new drivers out west we share hours with but our tm said we will have a very busy year coming up. I think they are gearing up for some new freight coming on board what do I know maybe Im the stupid one to believe this. I think I like my job because we have a ton of growth out west this helps the hours come out way

lease o/o drivers

any one notice the crst trailers going back west out of the norwalk terminal? being pulled by our trucks:hysterical:they must have found out that they can not make more profit with outside carriers:hysterical::biglaugh:

In the new president's most recent video speech he said they were going to revisit the flex driver situation at R&L. He said we need them. I get a lot of extra work too and I'm sure that will go away again if they hire them back at the WIL terminal.

i have heard rumor as well about the whole flex driver deal and that it may go away. bringing in a president from the outside makes pretty good sense when you think about it. having experience with other companies may bring new ideas to help get through this tough economy. i was talking to a driver from wilmington who stated he has seen the new president on several occassions and had nothing but positive things to say. sounds like we may have someone on our side and will listen to the lifeline of the truckline....drivers!

i have heard rumor as well about the whole flex driver deal and that it may go away. bringing in a president from the outside makes pretty good sense when you think about it. having experience with other companies may bring new ideas to help get through this tough economy. i was talking to a driver from wilmington who stated he has seen the new president on several occassions and had nothing but positive things to say. sounds like we may have someone on our side and will listen to the lifeline of the truckline....drivers!

I have heard the same thing.

I met the president, he's down to earth. Nice guy & someone that will listen to your comments. He told me he started as a dock worker, I have a lot of respect for someone that worked their way up the business chain.

Looks like RL found a good fit.

I heard that they are doing away with the lease drivers and turning them into r+l drivers with the same pay scale as the old r+l drivers but it will be bad for those that got hired under that program with less than 1 year driving what will happen to them? we had one at our term. and he heard about this Friday then quit I guess he thought he would be let go anyone else here about this?

I heard that they are doing away with the lease drivers and turning them into r+l drivers with the same pay scale as the old r+l drivers but it will be bad for those that got hired under that program with less than 1 year driving what will happen to them? we had one at our term. and he heard about this Friday then quit I guess he thought he would be let go anyone else here about this?
The guy you are speaking of quit because he already got another job. He had applied there the same time he applied at r&l and couldn't afford to wait around and see if they were going to drop the lease driver program. He also did have the r&l required experience. It's too bad. He was a good worker too.

the thing is that they are dropping the lease program but he was a flex driver thats why he worked the dock and drove but cant blame him if he had a steady job offer thats whats important

He QUIT because they screwed up his pay check again after they fixed it and yea the paramount pissed him off , he got a nother job closer to home and pays by the hour for line haul ,
Rick is a good guy and this terminal will wish he stayed .

I talked to him over the weekend and all they gave him was lip service , reason why he worked the dock was he would have not made any money just doing line haul with paramount pay .

he will be missed, btw CHAD GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU START TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE

If R&L is gearing up for new business, I'd guess that it's coming from YRC. The new guys in WIL are ex-YRC guys. R&L hired a YRC rep from their Cincy terminal, and one from Dayton, plus others - about 6 total. I'd say they are betting on YRC folding. All other carriers will need every bit of capacity that they can get if that occurs.

This is not oging to work YRC guys re comming for one reason , stealing accounts and quietly bleeding R&L dry

good serves them right

Paramount, which is headed up by R Bowman, is in a state of confusion. They don't have a plan, which has them going in all different directions. Failure is inevitable.

The guy you are speaking of quit because he already got another job. He had applied there the same time he applied at r&l and couldn't afford to wait around and see if they were going to drop the lease driver program. He also did have the r&l required experience. It's too bad. He was a good worker too.

never said he was a bad guy he was a good worker and we could use some more of them just saying what I herd from Dave isn't that what most of the posts are? what people here but I can understand why he quit.