R&L | pay and benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
So next summer while enjoying the labor day
weekend, be sure to thank a union member for getting it off. If it was'nt 4 them your sorry :eck13: would be working :chairshot:

A M E N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow ya got me there :hide: The local i used to work out of local also got me other 364 days off without pay by not fighting my old company(Who bought out our non union Competion and then Eliminated the union) ,they were willing to sacrafice 35 union jobs to save another 100 that were elimnated only 6 months later . So keep drinking the KOOLAID :smilie_132:

Why do you keep bringing up the Teamsters? I'm sure all of the other non-union carriers don't make their employees pay for freight handling equipment to deliver their customers freight. Next thing they'll try to do is get you drivers to pay for tires if you flat spot them.

This is funny. Talk about having to nit pick. Damn if this is our biggest issue we are doing alright!!

I forgot about buying my jack and cart the next day. I never hear new guys complain......

CONGRADULATIONS R+L THE WORST THING ABOUT US IS WE HAVE TO BUY JACKS!!!

Like I said before bye bye now

I LOVE MY JOB!!!:smilie_132:

Why do you keep bringing up the Teamsters? I'm sure all of the other non-union carriers don't make their employees pay for freight handling equipment to deliver their customers freight. Next thing they'll try to do is get you drivers to pay for tires if you flat spot them.
To prove my point which you do not care to listen to or cannot comprehend .That every company has something about them people or employees do not agree with and that is fine . I think it it is foolish to GIVE the TEAMSTERS my money after the way they SCREWED me. You think it's terrible we buy our own Pallet Jacks, I personally prefer to own my OWN I have seen and worked for companies that SUPPLY them and they are not always the best or safest to use . AS stated before if that is the Biggest problem we have at R+L then big whoop . I am finished with issue now have a good day sir :smilie_132:

the end

I am going to finish this thread for you guys.
Roberts does not prefer to sell you these tools.
He will sell them outright to you but:nutkick: will charge you to service the tools if needed.
Now the trick is to get you to Lease them for a payroll deduction on a regular basis. This will create a depreciation and service fee tax write off. Plus when you have it serviced or parts replaced he does it on a wholesale index to the parent company and then a retail service code for the shop plus parts which are coded mark up. This creates money in the middle that can be used as he sees fit for they are a LLC Corp.
This is not a lot of money till you multiply it into the entire Roberts network where it becomes huge every quarter. So you tell me who has the sweeter deal. I know it is handy for the Local Drivers to make use of this system. But Roberts is getting his operational tools furnished at a profit in a Lend/ Lease situation ,whereas in a standard operational situation he would only be able to take a partial deduction for extra capital equipment
inventory.:1036316054: Hope this works for you it does for me..:biglaugh:

He will sell them outright to you but:nutkick: will charge you to service the tools if needed.
Now the trick is to get you to Lease them for a payroll deduction on a regular basis. This will create a depreciation and service fee tax write off. Plus when you have it serviced or parts replaced he does it on a wholesale index to the parent company and then a retail service code for the shop plus parts which are coded mark up. This creates money in the middle that can be used as he sees fit for they are a LLC Corp.
This is not a lot of money till you multiply it into the entire Roberts network where it becomes huge every quarter. So you tell me who has the sweeter deal. I know it is handy for the Local Drivers to make use of this system. But Roberts is getting his operational tools furnished at a profit in a Lend/ Lease situation ,whereas in a standard operational situation he would only be able to take a partial deduction for extra capital equipment
inventory.:1036316054: Hope this works for you it does for me..:biglaugh:

More power to the Roberts!!! He is a smart man, and he IS NOT trying to take advantage of anyone regarding Pallet Jacks with what he can write off/depreciate/etc/etc. The man is Self made and HONEST, That is why he is where he is!!! The man is most likely a Billionaire, and its not because of Palletjack profits!!! Its because he is smart, worked hard,and he runs his company based on Christian principles!!! Have a nice day!

:

Say what? Me no think so........

I've had my jack repaired down at the shop a couple of times.
New pump and handle @ no charge to me...
New front rollers @ no charge to me...

Sounds like the shop doesn't like you much.

now let,s get this stright. you HALF to buy your own pallet jack and two wheeler from them for 5.00 dollers a week. which buy the way they should supply you with. OR you look for another job. is this correct? now i do work for fedex frt and they supply EVERYTHING we need to do our jobs. i get a good pallet jack n a good two wheeler every day which by the way i DONT half to pay for i drive a new city kw ac stereo with cd power steering tilt wheel cruise control heated n remote controll mirror,s and i make around 22 bucks an hour not to bad get 9 n half hours a day. i will be the first one to admit it,s not the best job or the best company to work for and they will screw you every chance they get like every other company but at least they dont sugar coat it . i was a teamster out of chicago for quite a few years. and now i,ve been on both sides of the fence there is not much differance. and i,ve never paid for equipment thats needed to do my job. by the way how much will you expect to get for your pallet jack when you leave or R n L or when they see your waking up n not kissing there *** and they get rid of you.?

R & L Verses Yellow

I work at yellow, my little brother works at R & L , he loves his job,I love mine. He doesnt get time & ahalf for hours worked over forty, he pays about eighty dollars a month for benefits with no pension. He did have to buy his own pallet jack, load bars, & hand truck.And they tell him what to do & he has to do it with out question. At YELLOW they pay for everything except my monthly dues, which is next to nothing. I make alot more money, have alot more things (all paid off I might add)& will have a big fat retirement in the end,I get treated with alot of respect.I would never consider working for R & L , but like I already said, He does enjoy working there. Everybody standards are different, it all depends on you & what your into.:

im not disputing that skibum. like i saie in my eariler post i,ve been on both sides of the fence. i was with 705 n 710 back in chicago and i also will recive a nice pension when i retire next year. and i,ve never had to pay for any equipment that i needed and i do not intend to. i retired from the teamster,s 13 years ago n been with this co 12 years and never once got layed off due to a slow down or anything of that nature. like i said fedex freight may not be the best co to work for but it is a good job to have.

very nice

Way to go skibum,not only did you insult and belittle your little brother,you also lied about making more money than him.In a forty hour work week you might make a LITTLE more than him.The only reason you make more is the OT.When you get laid off,which will probably be soon,maybe you non-union,underpaid little brother can get you a job at R&L.You probably don't have a life outside of work,which means you don't have time to play with all your "paid off" toys,and when you do have time,you have nobody to play with you.Right now your probably single and gay and your standards are starting to include farm animals.But hey,thats what your into,and I respect that.Don't forget that he will always be your little brother and respect him for who he is,not for who he works for !!!
P.S.-DON'T TALK SH@T ABOUT YOUR BROTHER.LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND SEE WHO'S REALLY NOT HAPPY.Have a good weekend.:thumbsdown:

Hey Sammy d

Is it straight or stright?
I belive it is have to buy your own jack / not half to buy your own jack.... And by the way /not buy the way...

also it's / not it,s...

But hey I work for R&L what do I know....

Just playing don't get all bent...
It's all in the details...
This is such a joke. My jack was paid for after a month... I've forgotten about it but drivers for other companys can't. What gives?

Oh man, he needs more help than that....

now let,s(let's) get this stright (straight). you(You) HALF (have) to buy your own pallet jack and two wheeler from them for 5.00 dollers (dollars) a week. which (Which) buy (by) the way they should supply you with.(,) OR (or) you look for another job. is (Is) this correct? now (Now) i (I) do work for fedex frt and they supply EVERYTHING we need to do our jobs. i (I) get a good pallet jack n a good two wheeler every day which by the way i DONT(don't) half (have)to pay for(,) i (I)drive a new city kw(,) ac(,) stereo(,) with cd (,)power steering(,) tilt wheel(,) cruise control(,) heated n remote controll (control) mirror,s (mirrors) and i(I) make around 22 bucks an hour not to bad(,) get 9 n half hours a day. i(I) will be the first one to admit it,s (it's)not the best job or the best company to work for and they will screw you every chance they get like every other company(,) but at least they dont sugar coat it . i(I) was a teamster out of chicago (Chicago) for quite a few years. and(And) now i,ve (I've) been on both sides of the fence there is not much differance (difference). and i,ve(I've) never paid for equipment thats needed to do my job. by (By) the way(,) how much will you expect to get for your pallet jack when you leave or(or?) R n L (,) or when they see your (you're)waking up n not kissing there (their) *** and they get rid of you.?

Better stay where you're at, filling out a job application could get tricky for you...........

R&L

there's an r&l barn down the road not far from my place,maybe i'll need a job after yellow runs roadway into the ground

R L CARRIERS NOW REQUIRING YOU TO BUY YOUR OWN TOILET PAPER:Poke:

Hahaha you so funny!! And smart too, why you can even change the colors!!! OOOOOhhhhh. you are so cool!!!!

Now learn that typing in all capital letters is considered "shouting" and is really kinda tacky............

Second thought, you ain't so cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.