ODFL | Pay rate

Was 50 cents years back
Amazing, I remember back in the day actual wages were a lot lower also. Nothing like living in the past, eh. Now what I’d like to see is pay for waiting on trailers. Some dispatchers understand and others don’t. I guarantee you that if I was collecting a wage for waiting, my trailer’s would be cut or arrived. I must compliment my dock supervisor that goes above and beyond with my trailer’s though.

Amazing, I remember back in the day actual wages were a lot lower also. Nothing like living in the past, eh. Now what I’d like to see is pay for waiting on trailers. Some dispatchers understand and others don’t. I guarantee you that if I was collecting a wage for waiting, my trailer’s would be cut or arrived. I must compliment my dock supervisor that goes above and beyond with my trailer’s though.
If we were paid for waiting on our trailers to be done by cut time then somebody would have to be held accountable and in this day and age of young supervisors they don’t want to ruffle any feathers one can only hope they do the best they can and never complain because he gets you nowhere especially at a big East Coast Terminal

If we were paid for waiting on our trailers to be done by cut time then somebody would have to be held accountable and in this day and age of young supervisors they don’t want to ruffle any feathers one can only hope they do the best they can and never complain because he gets you nowhere especially at a big East Coast Terminal
Exactly. I’m out of a break bulk and I would rather go out and ask rather than have a conniption fit.

Lol…… AT XPO, we hire, experienced drivers, day one, now, at top scale. To have a fighting chance of getting good drivers, this is what they had to do. I don’t worry about what someone else makes, it’s out of my hands. I have been with Conway/XPO, now for 35 years. I’m all for this, if it means we hire good drivers, that are not afraid of hard work, who won’t quit a week later,great.