ODFL | Pay rate

FedEx freight driver checking to see your city/road pay in Minnesota area
FedEx pays better for task pay, drops/hooks fuels etc. they are really close on mileage minus Fedex gets .5 per mile for lcv and OD is only .3. I think OD just barely passed Fedex on hourly but just barely. FedEx has a pension (not an amazing one) and cheaper benefits. As of now in the long run you’ll make more at FedEx but OD was a long ways behind and has caught up do to better raise every year who knows what will happen.

Uncle Breezy will I be able to afford 12 ft. aluminum boat with a used 9.9 Mercury .... as a certified weedeater operator?
I think Billy has just what you're looking for, his dingy from the Bayliner.
Not sure he takes American Express!

FedEx pays better for task pay, drops/hooks fuels etc. they are really close on mileage minus Fedex gets .5 per mile for lcv and OD is only .3. I think OD just barely passed Fedex on hourly but just barely. FedEx has a pension (not an amazing one) and cheaper benefits. As of now in the long run you’ll make more at FedEx but OD was a long ways behind and has caught up do to better raise every year who knows what will happen.
Why is no one talking about the pay compression that's happening right now? New road drivers for fedex freight are getting top scale pay after 1 year when the senior drivers had to wait 3 years. The day this happened all of the senior drivers just lost tens of thousands of dollars that they could of had if they only had to wait 1 year to get top pay. Can we get the money that's owed to us? What would happen if the majority of senior fedex fright road drivers just walked out?

Why is no one talking about the pay compression that's happening right now? New road drivers for fedex freight are getting top scale pay after 1 year when the senior drivers had to wait 3 years. The day this happened all of the senior drivers just lost tens of thousands of dollars that they could of had if they only had to wait 1 year to get top pay. Can we get the money that's owed to us? What would happen if the majority of senior fedex fright road drivers just walked out?
How do you figure you are owed money? You were hired and paid exactly what the rules at the time called for. Just because new drivers are subject to new pay rules doesn't mean you were cheated in any way.

There will be some that see your point of view and others that feel pay compression without a significant improvement for the senior drivers is not a right way of running a company. If a company wants to start new recruits at a higher level of pay then they should also make other changes that benefit the senior drivers. If you are in a senior position and don't care about any extra benefits or pay increases or bonuses that you might get then you are a perfect employee and the company wants more of you to screw over.

There will be some that see your point of view and others that feel pay compression without a significant improvement for the senior drivers is not a right way of running a company. If a company wants to start new recruits at a higher level of pay then they should also make other changes that benefit the senior drivers. If you are in a senior position and don't care about any extra benefits or pay increases or bonuses that you might get then you are a perfect employee and the company wants more of you to screw over.
No one is getting screwed over. Everyone got/is getting the exact pay that was agreed to at the time. Sounds like you're just envious of the new people.

No one is getting screwed over. Everyone got/is getting the exact pay that was agreed to at the time. Sounds like you're just envious of the new people.
I can see how you would think that but honestly that's not it. The emotion is not enviou or jealously, it's mad at the higher ups that made this decision. I have a question for you. Where do you draw the line? Let's say new drivers were to get 100% pay increase to start, 2 extra weeks vacation per year, a huge bonus, and free Healthcare while everything stays the same for the senior drivers. What would you say or do? Go to another company and hope for the best? Just "keep on truckin" like it doesn't matter?

Geez, whine, bitch and complain. Grow up little boy. If you don’t like it, GTFOOH. Go get hired on at Swift or Legend. If that’s the case then I am owed millions of dollars. I’m a senior driver, I really don’t care what new payroll changes have been made. Now go have mommy burp you, give you a pacifier and tuck you in.

Geez, whine, bitch and complain. Grow up little boy. If you don’t like it, GTFOOH. Go get hired on at Swift or Legend. If that’s the case then I am owed millions of dollars. I’m a senior driver, I really don’t care what new payroll changes have been made. Now go have mommy burp you, give you a pacifier and tuck you in.
Haha that's funny. Just trying to see what other people might think about the situation. It's easy to throw insults but alot harder to stick up for what you think is right. It's sad you don't care but I understand there's going to be tons of people that don't. But since you chimed in with your wisdom, please answer the question on what you would do or say in the hypothetical situation I gave. I have a feeling you would answer "nothing" but in your heart you would feel betrayed by a company that you gave so many years and sweat to. Don't insult me just give it to me straight, these companies don't care and it's all about profit so whether you stick with this one or go to elsewhere you will still get the shaft.

Haha that's funny. Just trying to see what other people might think about the situation. It's easy to throw insults but alot harder to stick up for what you think is right. It's sad you don't care but I understand there's going to be tons of people that don't. But since you chimed in with your wisdom, please answer the question on what you would do or say in the hypothetical situation I gave. I have a feeling you would answer "nothing" but in your heart you would feel betrayed by a company that you gave so many years and sweat to. Don't insult me just give it to me straight, these companies don't care and it's all about profit so whether you stick with this one or go to elsewhere you will still get the shaft.
So I guess that's that. Everyone who's commented on this subject pretty much says the same thing. Just go along with whatever the company does and try to do nothing about it or tuck tail and move to another company. Oh well, I'll just hope for the best and say "thank you sir, may I have another" like everyone else.