SAIA | Pay

hey all, right now i wouldnt even be thinking a raise,the market is not strong,saia stock as of 926am is at $10.64 lowest ive seen it in a long time 52 week low,i talked to my op mgr last night and he said frieght is picking up, at a strong pace but we are not back up to parr, lets just work and be careful,the accidents and damaged freight will hurt us in the long run,but things are looking better lets just do are best:rockon:

There will be another quarter of the year before management has to make a decision whether or not give us a raise. I suspect they may have planned for the raise.

However, given the business levels have just now started to turn we could have to wait until there is sufficient business to support a raise.

I just hope they don't announce in July or August then we still have to wait until the end of the year, as we did last year. It would be much easier for me to bear getting the announcement in November if we are now waiting until Dec. to receive a raise.

There will be another quarter of the year before management has to make a decision whether or not give us a raise. I suspect they may have planned for the raise.

However, given the business levels have just now started to turn we could have to wait until there is sufficient business to support a raise.

I just hope they don't announce in July or August then we still have to wait until the end of the year, as we did last year. It would be much easier for me to bear getting the announcement in November if we are now waiting until Dec. to receive a raise.

BT, they said last year when they put it off til Dec. that it would be Dec. from now on.

BT, they said last year when they put it off til Dec. that it would be Dec. from now on.

are you kidding? did you not read what i posted this is not the best of times in the trucking business, do uuuuuuuuuuu feel you are under paid at this time? may be uuuuuuuu should move on........

This is how I understood it too, as far as raises go. Times are tough right now. Fuel costs are on the rise daily. This cannot be helping the bottom line. I would not be suprised to see it delayed again. Looking around the industry right now, and seeing the pain of others, I consider most of us here at saia fortunate. speaking for myself only, miles have not been cut, paycheck has been consistant. I prefer to see the glass as being half full presently.

Have ya'll bumped your heads or something? Saia NEVER does anything straight out except fire people. Remember the switch to overtime? It took three months to get to 1.5 overtime. 1.1 for two months. 1.3 for two months and so on. Every raise is pushed back to a later time. Why? Not because of hard times. It comes down to after postponing raises enough, you wind up with a year (12 months) of not having to give a raise to the employees. Another SAVING TACTIC from Saia. We make good money but it gets tough to do a good job when you keep getting beat to death by the hand that bites you.

I came to Saia from another LTL co that didn't get a raise for almost 3 yrs. after I left they finally got one. $0.01 per mile. At least if we don't get one, there is a good reason. I think though that we will get one.

i don't worry about a raise,i just hope we don't get our pay cut. you can tell that someone with a sharp pencil is crunching the hell out of the numbers. gett'n rid of laydowns,staying off the tollroads as much as possible,not letting the city drivers fuel the line trucks that they drive, :Violin:anyway they can cut cost they will..............if that is still not enough?cut the pay?watch ya gonna do?QUIT?

not letting the city drivers fuel the line trucks that they drive, :Violin:anyway they can cut cost they will..............if that is still not enough?cut the pay?watch ya gonna do?QUIT?[/quote]

what barn r u @? round here city drivers are forced to fuel linehaul so that linehaul can make that almighty cut time. strange thing is, they make it out of our barn on time and ALWAYS get back late. OUT OF FUEL.:chairshot: