XPO | Paying To Go To School

I thought in my working life I would never see this industry turn around into the favor of the drivers. After seeing this posted it just proves management has lost there power over drivers....HA HA I guess driver aren't a dime a dozen anymore....
IMG_20210611_0524325985477b49e0e3d5594.md.jpg

I thought in my working life I would never see this industry turn around into the favor of the drivers. After seeing this posted it just proves management has lost there power over drivers....HA HA I guess driver aren't a dime a dozen anymore....
IMG_20210611_0524325985477b49e0e3d5594.md.jpg
Your joking right ?
If you do not stay with Xpo the stated amount of time after you get your license you must pay all that back .

Last edited:
I wonder if they tell these new drivers. The biggest reason people are quitting is because they want to see their family. 14 hour days. Every day. I’ve stopped taking my lunch. No time for it. Do they tell these people what they are getting themselves into ?

I wonder if they tell these new drivers. The biggest reason people are quitting is because they want to see their family. 14 hour days. Every day. I’ve stopped taking my lunch. No time for it. Do they tell these people what they are getting themselves into ?
No time for lunch? You don’t take a break in a 14 hour day?

Was told by our safety department YRC could not legally make anyone repay training fees. We are up to at least 8 schools YRC runs
Our trainees sign an agreement for one year. They are paid the current hourly rate while in training.

My Tm told us that we are required to take a 30 min off duty lunch. It sucks but hey guess he can come pick me up when I hit 14 hours and I’m still on road. I just don’t care anymore.

I happen to believe it's a good business decision, just as starting experienced drivers out at top pay with full bennies from Day 1. My hope is the company learns from it's mistake and when things slow down again, finds a way to retain it's newly acquired talent.

What kind of person thinks it sucks to take a half hour lunch in a 14 hour work day? What a joke we have for drivers these days.
It sucks that there is two schools on taking a lunch. Some don’t because of the new HOS that start a 30 break when your on duty not driving and others still take it off duty.

No offense to anyone here,but all this talk about, I don’t have time for lunch? How many times a day are you sitting in the truck playing or talking on your phone, bull sh!tt!ing with customers , complaining about XPO to others in the break room, or parking lot? Bet it totals way more than 30 minutes.

Was told by our safety department YRC could not legally make anyone repay training fees. We are up to at least 8 schools YRC runs
If you happen to be close to any of their schools, stop by and check out the trainers, and students. A friend of mine runs a local junior college program, and he has told me he is to the point where he may put it in the class guidelines that cell phones are not allowed in class or the trucks.

If you happen to be close to any of their schools, stop by and check out the trainers, and students. A friend of mine runs a local junior college program, and he has told me he is to the point where he may put it in the class guidelines that cell phones are not allowed in class or the trucks.
That bad , huh?

As professional drivers we already knew this ( in the back of our minds ) that this next generation cannot put the phones down to literally save their lives or earn a living.

We were all just hoping against all logic that it wouldn't be true.

There’s been a conscientious hard worker and then there’s just been plain stupid. Just because the company Dells out too much work to be done in a normal workday does not mean that you had to forfeit your break to try to make an impossible goal. Do 30 stops today and I’ll give you 32 tomorrow. If you Prove to them you’re a sucker/idiot they’ll take full advantage And treat like it idiot.