XPO | Paying To Go To School

There’s been a conscientious hard worker and then there’s just been plain stupid. Just because the company Dells out too much work to be done in a normal workday does not mean that you had to forfeit your break to try to make an impossible goal. Do 30 stops today and I’ll give you 32 tomorrow. If you Prove to them you’re a sucker/idiot they’ll take full advantage And treat like it idiot.
Management always takes the least path of resistance. Tolerate the lazy, complaining, zero work ethic people, and dump on your heavy hitters. They know the good people may not like it, but they also know the pride they have in doing a good job will still be there the next day. Thanks for stopping by.

My Tm told us that we are required to take a 30 min off duty lunch. It sucks but hey guess he can come pick me up when I hit 14 hours and I’m still on road. I just don’t care anymore.
Use your 16!!!!
Warner Bros Lol GIF by Joker Movie

We got to argue just to get out of the FAC. Every night. It’s ridiculous. Can’t hire any one. Way to much freight. Company need to take a week off from pick ups. Just purge the system. And then start back up and a reasonable and maintainable volume. This is pure incompetence.

We got to argue just to get out of the FAC. Every night. It’s ridiculous. Can’t hire any one. Way to much freight. Company need to take a week off from pick ups. Just purge the system. And then start back up and a reasonable and maintainable volume. This is pure incompetence.
Not going to happen. You just have to get the operational issues out of your head and forget about it. It’s clear that the powers to be only care about the stock price…. That’s it. They will keep jamming us with freight, they don’t care about any operational issues whatsoever, so… take your lunch, chill out. You get picked up daily, so be it. Fac holds you, don’t sweat it, it’s between the two managers. I see guys getting so stressed worrying about getting back, they are going to stroke out. Just chill out and go along for the ride.
It’s not worth it.

Not going to happen. You just have to get the operational issues out of your head and forget about it. It’s clear that the powers to be only care about the stock price…. That’s it. They will keep jamming us with freight, they don’t care about any operational issues whatsoever, so… take your lunch, chill out. You get picked up daily, so be it. Fac holds you, don’t sweat it, it’s between the two managers. I see guys getting so stressed worrying about getting back, they are going to stroke out. Just chill out and go along for the ride.
It’s not worth it.
I try man. But I ain’t an over the road driver for a reason. Going home is a big deal to me. And they are messing with my ability to get home. The FOS the other night complaining to us that he would be stuck there putting in a 10 hour day. We were beside ourselves. Try racing back everyday for 14 ??? And now with all the construction. Making good time on the freeway is a joke. It is very stressful. I tried to get another job. It didn’t work out. Very bummed out about it. There are other options. Plenty here where I am. But I don’t wanna just go anywhere. I will say. They are going to have a whole bunch more quitting. Not just my barn. The whole of everyone on the FAC is ready to quit. Even if you are on a short run with a small amount of freight. They will give you a crazy long via to cover. This is not in anyway sustainable. Let me ask you. How many of you even have enough tractors ??? We are probably short 10. Not counting that we have a shop and have busted up junk dumped on us and then they go and take some of our best trucks home. How in the world can the stock price be going up when the whole damn company is going down the drain ???

I try man. But I ain’t an over the road driver for a reason. Going home is a big deal to me. And they are messing with my ability to get home. The FOS the other night complaining to us that he would be stuck there putting in a 10 hour day. We were beside ourselves. Try racing back everyday for 14 ??? And now with all the construction. Making good time on the freeway is a joke. It is very stressful. I tried to get another job. It didn’t work out. Very bummed out about it. There are other options. Plenty here where I am. But I don’t wanna just go anywhere. I will say. They are going to have a whole bunch more quitting. Not just my barn. The whole of everyone on the FAC is ready to quit. Even if you are on a short run with a small amount of freight. They will give you a crazy long via to cover. This is not in anyway sustainable. Let me ask you. How many of you even have enough tractors ??? We are probably short 10. Not counting that we have a shop and have busted up junk dumped on us and then they go and take some of our best trucks home. How in the world can the stock price be going up when the whole damn company is going down the drain ???
Not arguing. Your 100 percent correct.

We heard that the regional safety guy is telling people that the company can tell you to use your 16 whenever they want. A lot of guys are making sure to burn it every Monday so that it’s not even on the table.
Ya I told one of our inbound dockhands that if I’m close on a Monday that 16 is burned. I did that about a month ago, got called in early on a Monday for training. Turned out I was last man. Burned my 16 for 4 minutes. Told the Tm your going to have to pick me the rest of the week. He didn’t get why I burned my 16 with me being back at alittle pass 830, I said well you had me come in for 630 so

Was told by our safety department YRC could not legally make anyone repay training fees. We are up to at least 8 schools YRC runs
That's what I understand..It's the chance the company takes when they run these schools... I have yet to hear of anyone paying

We heard that the regional safety guy is telling people that the company can tell you to use your 16 whenever they want. A lot of guys are making sure to burn it every Monday so that it’s not even on the table.
Fmcsa says nope.
Per FMCSA it has to be an unforeseen adverse driving condition...
"Adverse driving conditions means snow, ice, sleet, fog, or other adverse weather conditions or unusual road or traffic conditions that were not known, or could not reasonably be known, to:
* a driver immediately prior to beginning the duty day or immediately before beginning driving after a qualifying rest break or sleeper berth period,
* or a motor carrier immediately prior to dispatching the driver.

See attached

So if it is snowing or freezeing rain while you are at the FAC that does not fall under this exception. Since it is already known

This whole being dispatched into your 16hr is BS...They know they can not do that. Though they try to. You need to stand you ground and tell them to pound sand. I taken many VIAs home, if it's going to be close then it goes home. You dispatch to the VIA and then call LH and tell them your taking it home.
As for going straight back I look for my loads 1 1/2 hr greater then my drive time home. A 3hr drive and don't have loads I at the desk when I have 4 1/2 left on my 14.

Our trainees sign an agreement for one year. They are paid the current hourly rate while in training.
They also make mangers sign an non-compete agreement too...Last manger that went to FedEx said they sent him and FedEx a letter about and laughed in XPO face....

Per FMCSA it has to be an unforeseen adverse driving condition...
"Adverse driving conditions means snow, ice, sleet, fog, or other adverse weather conditions or unusual road or traffic conditions that were not known, or could not reasonably be known, to:
* a driver immediately prior to beginning the duty day or immediately before beginning driving after a qualifying rest break or sleeper berth period,
* or a motor carrier immediately prior to dispatching the driver.

See attached

So if it is snowing or freezeing rain while you are at the FAC that does not fall under this exception. Since it is already known
So, it looks like the short haul exemption has changed? You can no longer work past 14 hours for any reason except the adverse weather/traffic accident rule. Am I reading that correctly?
I haven’t worked past 14 in many years. At least since we’ve been using e-logs.

So, it looks like the short haul exemption has changed? You can no longer work past 14 hours for any reason except the adverse weather/traffic accident rule. Am I reading that correctly?
I haven’t worked past 14 in many years. At least since we’ve been using e-logs.
under the short haul exemption. Local driver don't need to fill out a log or be on and ELD as long as they stay under 150 miles and work less then 14hrs. Once you go over that the logs are required. That what the exemption is for, but XPO says you have to log in so this does not apply and you can go to 16hrs and drive past 150 mile.

A driver is exempt from the requirementsof § 395.8 and § 395.11 if: the driver operates within a 150 air-mile radius of the normal work reporting location, and the driver does not exceed a maximum duty period of 14 hours. Drivers using the short-haul exception in § 395.1(e)(1) must report and return to the normal work reporting location within 14 consecutive hours, and stay within a 150 air-mile radius of the work reporting location