Yellow | Pension What is This

I missed the jungle by five days. My Dad went ashore at Normandy. One Brother in law awarded bronze star in VietNam. One on the Wall.... My middle Son's been to Turkey, Iraq, Qatar 4 tours, Kygrstan, and Afghanistan. He's a crew chief on a KC135 tanker jet. So yes, I've been blessed!

Of course,the plan changes when Publisher's Clearing comes to my house. Pm me your info, maybe you'll get adopted...
God bless you and your family. Tell your family I am proud of their service. My whole family served as well Grandpa WWI , Father WWII lost an arm, sniper
silver star, bronze star, other medals. Me I was Air Force in The PI, direct support of Nam, safe place with a bar in every barracks, My sons, one is retired police and the other is fire dept, both in Columbus.

It is unfortunate that in today's world, the majority of the people are only worried about themselves. It is the exact opposite of what the Labor movement stood for. However given the nature of how things are being handled, we actually have very little say in what is about to happen. It would be refreshing if the CSPF would at least contact us with a list of options that are available to stabilize the fund and let us have our say. I for one believe whatever they decide, it should be equal across the board for all involved. I, like you, saw this day coming. One of the reasons I "retired" at age 57 was that I figured I might as well collect what I could while there was still some money left. This does not make selfish. It only means that I was realistic about the status of the fund. If I had a magic wand to make the fund whole, I would. I can't. I will just have to get by on what crumbs they leave for us. I still work. I drive school bus to pay for medical insurance. No matter what happens to the fund, I will survive. But I do agree. Most people do not realize what is coming down the pipe. Sounds like you do. By the way I figured out where you guys have been getting all the smilies from.:wee:
B worm, glad you found them, we all need smiles and hugs. Took me a while also, now some wish I hadn't found them. So very true your post is, I like it very much. Imagine the poor couple that goes to the mailbox soon and finds the letter telling them they will get a 30 -60 percent cut and they just bought a new car or joined a vacation club. Well I guess that is what the six month notice is for.:bowdown::hilarious::hysterical:

AHHHH! yes Judy Collins, Send in the clowns, don't bother they are here. I am in love all over again. :1sm364jumpbed:

Chestnut brown canary
Ruby throated sparrow
Sing a song, don't be long
Thrill me to the marrow

Voices of the angels
Ring around the moonlight
Asking me said she so free
How can you catch the sparrow?

Lacy lilting lady
Losing love lamenting
Change my life, make it right
Be my lady

do do do do doot, doot doot do do do doot!

Thank you Mr. Stills. (Honorable mention to Stacy Keach!)

smiley-excited001.gif
smiley-shocked003.gif
smiley-whacky007.gif
bicycle_smileys.gif
ugly_smiley_16.gif

Reactions: ESP
Chestnut brown canary
Ruby throated sparrow
Sing a song, don't be long
Thrill me to the marrow

Voices of the angels
Ring around the moonlight
Asking me said she so free
How can you catch the sparrow?

Lacy lilting lady
Losing love lamenting
Change my life, make it right
Be my lady

do do do do doot, doot doot do do do doot!

Thank you Mr. Stills. (Honorable mention to Stacy Keach!)

Another that takes me somewhere from back when much of the music did that...

AB_WP81_PI_Tom_Tom_450.jpg
God bless you and your family. Tell your family I am proud of their service. My whole family served as well Grandpa WWI , Father WWII lost an arm, sniper
silver star, bronze star, other medals. Me I was Air Force in The PI, direct support of Nam, safe place with a bar in every barracks, My sons, one is retired police and the other is fire dept, both in Columbus.
In the PI, I was even farther away, out in the Gulf of Tonkin on an aircraft carrier. Once or twice a month back into Subic Bay, and Olongapo, not again??!!??

Last edited:
Another that takes me somewhere from back when much of the music did that...

Cohen, a wonderfully talented artist, whose gift covers such vast media.

I sat on stage by invitation, less than 5 feet, with another incredibly artist, taken from us way to early in his lifetime.

He appeared at the request of the students at our local community college, and had the presence to fulfill his promise to appear, in blizzard snow snowstorm, with a crowd of less than 50.

Talk about taking me back in time.......

I sat on stage by invitation, less than 5 feet, with another incredibly artist, taken from us way to early in his lifetime.

He appeared at the request of the students at our local community college, and had the presence to fulfill his promise to appear, in blizzard snow snowstorm, with a crowd of less than 50.

Were you 'flyin so high'?

AB_WP81_PI_Tom_Tom_450.jpg

In the PI, I was even farther away, out in the Gulf of Tonkin on an aircraft carrier. Once or twice a month back into Subic Bay, and Olongapo, not again??!!??
Thanks for your service. Which carrier? my brother in law was on the Kitty Hawk, 66 thru 68, I believe in the engine room as a boilerman. Are you in that picture?

Ah yes, I saw Harry perform in NYC in the early 70's. Taken from us way too soon for sure.

Thanks for your service. Which carrier? my brother in law was on the Kitty Hawk, 66 thru 68, I believe in the engine room as a boilerman. Are you in that picture?
I was aboard the USS AMERICA for a Med cruise in 1971 and a WestPac cruise in 1972. VMFA-333.

Were you 'flyin so high'?

During that particular concert, no. I chose to leave as soon as it was over and play goaltender for the late night senior men's league no shows at the local rink.

Would you think a silly blizzard would stop me from getting free icetime???

But, I digress. In the day... :17142: