XPO | Periodic inspections

XCCX

TB Legend
Credits
Just a reminder to check the periodic inspections on the equipment during your pretrip . We are finding a bunch of equipment including Tractors that are out more than a year ! We had a driver fined recently for this . Somehow equipment due dates are being overlooked. We have seen equipment that’s out of inspection since 2019.Remember safety comes first.

Last edited:
Just a reminder to check the periodic inspections on the equipment during your pretrip . We are finding a bunch of equipment including Tractors that are out more than a year ! We had a driver fined recently for this . Somehow equipment due dates are being overlooked. We have seen equipment that’s out of inspection since 2019.Remember safety comes first.
I find it odd this is happening often . The company I was with before would flag the equipment on the shops computers about a month before and they would get the equipment in ASAP for service and inspections before they expired .

I find it odd this is happening often . The company I was with before would flag the equipment on the shops computers about a month before and they would get the equipment in ASAP for service and inspections before they expired .
We had the same situation here . It’s been slowly deteriorating process over the last few years .

Happens all the time, especially trailers. Find a ton of them all the time with expired fai.

Cost cutting I guess. I put them out of service. I am not getting a fine .
I always do a thorough pre-trip and check in the periodic inspection sticker is always part of it for me. It is only in the last few months that I’ve Noticed a pretty good amount of them that were out of inspection. It’s slowly been building though over the last couple of years prior to that going back Many Years that I’ve had with a company I would find a couple a year. Now I’m seeing them almost daily.

Last edited:
Don't see how this is happening at you place. Sure we catch a trailer here and there, but trucks? Sound to me you guy are not taking them to XMI for service when called for...In the time I been here I never saw a truck with and outdated inspection

Cost cutting I guess. I put them out of service. I am not getting a fine .
I always do a thorough pre-trip and check in the periodic inspection sticker is always part of it for me. It is only in the last few months that I’ve Noticed a pretty good amount of them that were out of inspection. It’s slowly been building though over the last couple of years prior to that going back Many Years that I’ve had with a company I would find a couple a year. Now I’m seeing them almost daily.
Via your place last week. Took a walk around the yard looking for this big pile of O/S trailer and trucks you keep talking about....Didn't find any or many to lazy to put a red tag on them.

Via your place last week. Took a walk around the yard looking for this big pile of O/S trailer and trucks you keep talking about....Didn't find any or many to lazy to put a red tag on them.

Not at all surprised to hear this. I don't even believe this person or persons works here or has ever even driven a truck. A whole lot of things just don't add up.

Lol, your a trip. Stay in your bubble.

This is a typical gaslighting trick. Avoid the truth. Posted by another user. A driver was in “ your “ yard discrediting your “ facts “. And instead ridicule someone for believing them. Instead of you. Not typical truck driver “ call it as I see it “ behavior out of you. Sure sound like some college educated millennial desk jockey to me. Just saying.

We have no red tags. If your looked at the tractors by the old shop and inside the shop you would have seen them. Literally , we had 0 red tags available. Just ask one of our drivers in Milton or the next time you via . Your from Newark ? International?

Next time go onto the dock and introduce yourself. Anyone of us will take you for a tour and show you what your looking for . We got plenty to show you .

Next time go to the tractors parked forward into the fence just past the shop on your right . When their parked there that way it means it’s out of service. Should have been 1 city unit and 3 line tractors the day you were there .
Also if you look across the road there’s a small lot for Perkins truck repair and there’s usually a couple sitting there.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
This is the area for out of service tractors . Trailers would be just to the left of it .

3BD727FA-989F-4874-9F5A-AA4114F2264D.md.jpg

We have no red tags. If your looked at the tractors by the old shop and inside the shop you would have seen them. Literally , we had 0 red tags available. Just ask one of our drivers in Milton or the next time you via . Your from Newark ? International?

Next time go onto the dock and introduce yourself. Anyone of us will take you for a tour and show you what your looking for . We got plenty to show you .

Next time go to the tractors parked forward into the fence just past the shop on your right . When their parked there that way it means it’s out of service. Should have been 1 city unit and 3 line tractors the day you were there .
Also if you look across the road there’s a small lot for Perkins truck repair and there’s usually a couple sitting there.
Hope this helps.

How hard is it for these line haul drivers to grab a handful of red tags from the FAC for you guys ?

How hard is it for these line haul drivers to grab a handful of red tags from the FAC for you guys ?
I believe someone did just that because as of today we do have a few. We were literally making copies on the machine of out of service tags and taping them to the doors at one point. Dispatch and this is no BS literally had a stack of about 50 to 60 red tags sitting on the desk that had been filled out. Supervisors were pulling the red tags off of the trailers at times because the need for empty trailers was so great they thought it outweighed the seriousness Of a trailer that was deficient being on the road. I’m sure that it is not this way at all terminals. We however are so understaffed and have so little equipment that PMs and inspections are being set aside .

at my co. red tags were pulled from trls. had a trlr that i red tagged myself went to hook up saw trlr not fixed went into office voiced my displeasure and said now what what are you going to do now? it's not moving. had to have trlr stripped and reloaded onto a legal one . now i'm on the sh*t list and loving every minute of it at their expense

The 1 city unit was out of inspection since 19 . It even went to Milton for electrical problems recently and came back uninspected.