XPO | Pet Peeves.... only one ( or so) sentence please !!

Seeing a guy get a point assessed against his company driving record and then the so-called damage going unrepaired. If they're going to put a guy's job in danger, the least they could do is spend the money they say is responsible for the point they just gave him.

One more, before I leave for work. Dunnage on the dock which does not get thrown away after it's lost it's usefullness.

Everyone passing me while my right foot is getting tired from trying to shove the throttle thru the floor and I still can't come close to the speed limit .

funny story. i was at a fac one night, i had two 4000 pound skids of cast iron pipe. at the load door there was an empty van. common sense, and my years of dock experiance, told me cant overload the nose. so i will dock these skids, and load them towards the middle, later. a very high ranking member of management, screamed at me, that we dont dock freight, i tryed to explain, but was rudely cut off, he told me no back talk load it up! so in it went. around 6 am when i was getting ready to leave, i saw that van being put back against the dock to be back stripped. can any body guess why? over in the nose! ha ha glad we have such pros in charg, calling the shots.

a very high ranking member of management, screamed at me, that we dont dock freight, i tryed to explain, but was rudely cut off, he told me no back talk load it up! so in it went.

I unfortunately learned a lesson similar to this the hard way. I was docking 4 skids of bags at 3000 a piece because the only space available on an e-track was in the air. The supervisor started yelling and screaming about docking freight. I tried to explain that these should not be up in the air at all, to which he replied "the bars can hold 3000 lbs put it on the ****in rack." I KNEW it would end up bending the rack as it wasn't evenly distributed but figured I'd show this *******. Long story short, rack bent, bags shifted just enough so that when i pulled the skid back out half of them fell off and ripped open... Damaged freight and equipment just isn't worth proving some of these guys wrong. Not to mention having a trailer that's just begging to go rubber side up. Do it right and let em yell...

I unfortunately learned a lesson similar to this the hard way. I was docking 4 skids of bags at 3000 a piece because the only space available on an e-track was in the air. The supervisor started yelling and screaming about docking freight. I tried to explain that these should not be up in the air at all, to which he replied "the bars can hold 3000 lbs put it on the ****in rack." I KNEW it would end up bending the rack as it wasn't evenly distributed but figured I'd show this *******. Long story short, rack bent, bags shifted just enough so that when i pulled the skid back out half of them fell off and ripped open... Damaged freight and equipment just isn't worth proving some of these guys wrong. Not to mention having a trailer that's just begging to go rubber side up. Do it right and let em yell...

LOL, next time tell them if they scan the freight onto the trailer, that you will put anywhere they want it. I'll just bet they won't want their handheld id come up as loading it wrong. Gotta use the handhelds to our advantage sometimes....

LOL, next time tell them if they scan the freight onto the trailer, that you will put anywhere they want it. I'll just bet they won't want their handheld id come up as loading it wrong. Gotta use the handhelds to our advantage sometimes....
Yeh, lol I've used that one a few times since the handhelds have come out works wonders as well as obtaining a copy of their badge... The incident with the bags happened 4 or 5 months ago though, the good ole days where you could just scribble something in the name column of the manifest.

funny story. i was at a fac one night, i had two 4000 pound skids of cast iron pipe. at the load door there was an empty van. common sense, and my years of dock experiance, told me cant overload the nose. so i will dock these skids, and load them towards the middle, later. a very high ranking member of management, screamed at me, that we dont dock freight, i tryed to explain, but was rudely cut off, he told me no back talk load it up! so in it went. around 6 am when i was getting ready to leave, i saw that van being put back against the dock to be back stripped. can any body guess why? over in the nose! ha ha glad we have such pros in charg, calling the shots.

These are two examples of why the system is broken....

Micro-management at its worst. This company seems to go from one extreme to the other...which is indicative of a lack of trust and respect for the professional expertise of the people doing the work.

Until such a time the drivers are repected for their abilities and knowledge...nothing is going to change.

Each location seems to do things their own way...regardless of whether it makes sense or not.

What needs to happen is to make the local management accountable for their interaction with the rank and file. These folks seem to think because the hold some title they have a license to belittle the people doing the work.

This is rampant and it needs to change.

Some of these managers are out of control.

As I have said before...you want engaged employees then engage them first and they will respond in kind.

(The deck above my soapbox is almost finished for those who are interested!)

Standardize the operation and hold these people as accountable as they wish to hold their subordinates and it will change...until that happens it will be same ole...same ole!...

What make or breaks this company will be the people employed therein...not rules...not policies...not edicts from some cubicle...the people...plain and simple.

When Dougie and the peeps occupying the palace come to grips with this and take the neccessary steps to alleviate the out-of-balance styles of some managers then things will change...not before.

Rat

Having to ask to go to the bathroom at lsx

You gotta be freakin kidding!....

I wouldn't ask to go to the bathroom at any expense. I just go when the need arises and if they don't like it then we will take to the next level.

Have you contacted Ann Arbor about this high school management tactic?

I seriously doubt they would let it fly.

There are way to too many issues involved for this to be appropriate behavior.

Not to mention any physical issues one my have to deal with is accordance to they rythym of their bodily functions.

If that doesn't work call the ACLU...(I hate those people but they are good for some things!)...they thrive on this kind of stupidity...and if you research this you will most likely find the practice is illegal.

The can mandate bathroom breaks in the amount one can take but they cannot force you to ask for them...IIRC this has already been settled in court.

Besides one call from the ACLU and things will change as we all know Con-Way doesn't like negative publicity.

Rat