PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME LIKE I AM A 3rd GRADER !!

darksky

TB Lurker
Credits
So what do I get for my $ 500 bucks to join & $ 66.45 a month and please keep it real. This is a lot of coin to take out of a drivers pocket. So what do I get for the money ??!! Keep your snarky comments to yourself.

If you signed a card the $300 initiation fee is waived.
Not $500
The $66 or so union dues a month gets you
1. Pension no 401k No money out of your pocket back in you paycheck
2. Teamster Heath care. No money out of your pocket back In your paycheck
3. A union contract with raises and job protection
So the 401k and healthcare costs back in your paycheck alone is a raise!! Do the math
$66 a month vs $600 plus a month out of your check.

Drive - you forgot one important thing. You will all be treated as new hires and your hourly wage will be $18.00 an hour. So factor that in my brother.

so whats the first raise going to be? You dont know because its not guaranteed, you could be giving us a lower raise but promise us raises?

, i worked for years in a UFCW, we got treated like ****, the pension was a joke, although im sure when i retire i can use that money to buy a lottery ticket!

you are right the Job is protected, and that goes for all the jerks that are problems for everyone...

And is this a guarantee in writing that my 66 bucks will be spent in this fashion or am I pissing In the wind ?? Who runs the pension ? Who runs the health care. The Teamsters don't have a good track record other than UPS & they pretty much own the teamsters. Why do I need job protection if I come in and do a good job already? I can't remember the last time a local driver was fired at NCT ?

And what happens if we go through all of this and we can't come to an agreement what happens then ?

Driver was fired in August for turning a truck over on 295 .
He told them the load wasn't properly loaded or secured they said it was fine take the load he did .
It turned over on 295 on the off ramp. Fired two weeks later.

Understood I know him well so why did he take the load I it was unsafe makes no sense to me he could have died and killed another.

That's a good question they told him in came down like that from MA and it was fine.
I guess he never thought they would let him go. Knobody here is forcing you to vote yes or no. But if u want
The real facts and not what some of the other fellows on here are saying I highly suggest you contact the organizer
He will explain everything for you.

Exhibit 10.11
[New Century Letterhead]
August ___, 2009
[ ]
Re: Temporary Salary Reduction
Dear [ ]:
In light of the difficult economic environment in which the Company is currently operating, the Board of Directors of the Company is instituting an across the board temporary salary reduction of 5% applicable to all salaried employees and 10% for all senior management.
In light of your employment agreement with the Company, we request that you agree to modify your agreement to provide for a temporary reduction in your annual base salary to assist the Company in weathering the poor economy and to help protect our own mutual equity interests in the Company.
Specifically, the Board is requesting that you agree to modify your employment agreement to reduce, for a period of one (1) year, your current base salary by [ ]%. At the end of the one year period, which shall commence on August 9, 2009 your salary shall return to the level it would have had there been no modification, subject to any further agreement to modify. Please note this salary reduction will also affect any of your other employment benefits that are directly tied to your annual compensation. Your agreement to this request by the Company is voluntary and if you determine that you are unable to so agree, that decision will have no adverse consequence on your relationship with the Company.
Your signature below will signify your agreement with this contractual modification and a waiver of any contractual rights you would otherwise have with respect to this specific alteration of your compensation.
We would like to express the sincere appreciation of the Board for your cooperation as we pursue our mutual interest in navigating the Company through these difficult times.
If you are in agreement with the foregoing, please execute this modification by signing below and returning an original signed copy to the Company.

both sides have to find some common ground and it takes time for an agreement to be made, all things get put on the table for negotiation