Yellow | Premium Service Meeting In STL

hillbilly frog said:
dude that's just the beginning. Example: Dayton has a road bid for a 5 night meet and turn at Princeton, WVA with a Charlotte,NC PSE. The road driver will be hauling PS freight but recieve linehaul pay. Go figure.
I know.....it's all new and different to us all. Is it getting you guys more freight though?

hillbilly frog said:
dude that's just the beginning. Example: Dayton has a road bid for a 5 night meet and turn at Princeton, WVA with a Charlotte,NC PSE. The road driver will be hauling PS freight but recieve linehaul pay. Go figure.

In this situation is the Charlotte driver a PSE driver? and is he just going 200 miles or are they splitting the miles in half? And the Dayton driver is he Linehaul or PSE? The reason I ask Dayton to Charlotte is over 400 miles I believe.
And I thought that PSE was only going to offered to the city?
I am just asking since at Holland most of our frt is 1-2 days delv. and we do not have PSE!! YET!!

JimJoe (jj) said:
In this situation is the Charlotte PSE driver just going 200 miles or are they splitting the miles with in half?
And I thought that PSE was only going to offered to the city?
I am just asking since at Holland most of our frt is 1-2 days delv. and we do not have PSE!! YET!!
Mileage for the PSE I'm not sure of but I will check.
Linehaul is getting 502 mile turn out of it I think thats the correct miles.

I'll see if I can get one of Daytons stewards on here to help answer some of these questions too.

stldude44 said:
Man, it didn't take long for ABF to do more than what they asked for, did it? These Companies never cease to amaze us.
My road stewart met with the TM. He said he had gone through the PSE and said was going to continue the Ind turn and he was starting a Moline turn (270 one way). My stewart said the TM sould re-read the PSE because he was wrong and going to have pay.We will see at the MOKA grievence hearing I guess?.
Is there more freight? I don't see it, but it is early. From here on the road the only people that are benefiting is the city!

Which is exactly why it should be "offered" to both road and city. In fact it seems to be more road type of work than city anyway.

12 Pack,
They all say that it's a slow, steady growth. The way your PSE COO was explained to me was that you could move PS freight as a linehaul move but never touch the freight. Also that any meet turns would be set up so that the regular road driver would get the longer end of the turn....example....say a meet turn was set up and the terminals were 400 miles apart....maybe it would be set up where the roadman goes 250 miles and the PSE man would go 150 and that's where they'd meet.
Our upcoming PSE COO should be submitted to the Locals very soon, so then we'll see exactly what Yellow has in mind.

hillbilly frog said:
I am the road steward for ABF in Dayton Ohio and the turn is from Dayton to exit 45 on the
Wv turnpike the princeton meet had be revamped because it was to far. The Bid is for 5 nights a week but it does not have to be PSE freight only the change lets them advance break bulk loads that they don't have drivers in place to get out fast enough (in their opinion) Dayton is about to put another 5 night pse bid on to meet a Grand Rapids pse man in Kalamazoo MI. And another to meet with Milwaukee, meet point not determined yet . I'm shooting for the 240 mm on 65 in Indiana

JimJoe (jj) said:
I thought that PSE was only going to offered to the city?
JJ,
The PSE itself is only offered to the local cartage men so that the practice of road drivers working on the dock doesn't begin. I believe that the PSE will be a city bid, just like a guy can choose P&D or yard at the bigger terminals.

Pse

stldude44 said:
From what I'm hearing it'll be the same at Yellow.
It probably will be I think ABF has got this one right (hopefully) I am not going to tell you it is going to be the best thing since a pocket on a shirt, I just think there needs to be some way to police the freight and make sure that my road board is protected. Me and my alt. stewards are trying to come up with that very thing as i am posting this.

yo....

not to start a :shit:storm here but, if any currently existing road tonnage is moved over to premium service to fill up schedules i will file a grievance on it....

gaining premium service work at the expense of existing road work is nfg period, if existing road jobs are lost or thinned out....

i don't care how rosy a picture management paints.....

when they did the corridor changes a few years ago, road drivers were allowed to follow the work, not city drivers.......

i also think that after the change is implemented that the road stewards at all effected domiciles should monitor all the manifests to ensure no breakbulk freight wanders on to preemie trailers just to 'fill them out'....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

hoghead said:
I am the road steward for ABF in Dayton Ohio and the turn is from Dayton to exit 45 on the
Wv turnpike

If some one was to run from Dayton to Charlotte how many miles?

On the Dayton end is this being done by Line haul or PSE driver? And is he getting 502 miles a night.

And who is running it on the Charlotte end Linehaul or PSE?

JimJoe (jj) said:
If some one was to run from Dayton to Charlotte how many miles?

On the Dayton end is this being done by Line haul or PSE driver? And is he getting 502 miles a night.

And who is running it on the Charlotte end Linehaul or PSE?
The linehaul driver from Dayton is running 502 miles mon - fri night he is meeting a charlotte PSE driver at exit 45 on the wv turnpike and i think he is running 212 a night. A charlotte bid man (we have 3) runs 463 down and back