Yellow | Preshift meeting today......

akron overtime

akron dock is working 7 days a week if they want to. company screwed with the bid and most casuals and %'s are working better shifts than a 15 year man who is stuck on nights or a 10am start. company doesn't usually force 2 hours overtime because people get real slow for those last 2 hours. noone laid off, hired 6 dock with at least 6 more to come.

everyone in a flow center, please tell what your average bills per hour are on your dock. ours are around 3.5 most days and the company says that is terrible. please share your numbers, management says they don't know any other flow center's bills per hour. (BS!)

serta said:
Any Ohio guys going to chime in? I thought Akron had no forced ot, or 6 punches. Could be wrong though.

Akron does have 2 hours over forcing but havn't used it much, No forced 6 punches.
I wish we had the 48 hour bookoff, I think that is what I miss most from Stroudsburg.

buyamerican said:
akron dock is working 7 days a week if they want to. company screwed with the bid and most casuals and %'s are working better shifts than a 15 year man who is stuck on nights or a 10am start. company doesn't usually force 2 hours overtime because people get real slow for those last 2 hours. noone laid off, hired 6 dock with at least 6 more to come.

everyone in a flow center, please tell what your average bills per hour are on your dock. ours are around 3.5 most days and the company says that is terrible. please share your numbers, management says they don't know any other flow center's bills per hour. (BS!)

we run about 2.56 to 2.7 they always say that is horrible but they are talking about
111 people all on one dock and 110 forklifts running up and down the 1/4 mile long dock
they also tell us that is horrible.. explanation of bill per hour is strip and stack a bill that is one. so you get only half a bill if you strip one so you need to strip 2 to get credit for 1
or the same for stacking you need 2 to get credit for 1 we also handle 38,000 to 40,000
bills per week that is about 36,000,000 to as high as 42,000,000 pounds a week

If you add H&W and our wage they are only saving pennies an hour. These guys are working to the point of fatigue. But when contract time rolls around and the average salary for a dockman is real high we are going to be hard pressed for a raise. Keep in mind also all the the new hires at all end of the line barns that are running empty every Sunday to 135 or 231. Management is going to destroy this company.

Stroudsburg runs about 3.5 bills we were told that was the best in the company. Your supervisors can log onto 135, 211, 120 and 231 computer's system and see what each terminal is doing. They can tell you bills per hour, how current their docks are and how many loads they have to work. I have seen this done right after the change went into effect.

stacker said:
Stroudsburg runs about 3.5 bills we were told that was the best in the company. Your supervisors can log onto 135, 211, 120 and 231 computer's system and see what each terminal is doing. They can tell you bills per hour, how current their docks are and how many loads they have to work. I have seen this done right after the change went into effect.
Management made a statement before the last layoff that CPH had dropped below 3.0 since they brought the men back from layoff. I wonder if they knew what they were saying?? :ranting: They talk about what numbers they want, I just don't pay it any attention. Some days I do good, some not so good. Depends on the freight, the weather, dock layout.......moon and stars :tongue1: Every day is different. DS.

The Last I herd Bloomington/ 830 was running about 2.3CPH. And if you can spell your name and pass a drug test you can have a job driving. I don't even think English is manditory sometimes.

Good point DS, I think CPH isn't a valid measurement if you are working or not there are to many variables. It's just another way to try to get a production standard in. All docks are not the same size and handle the same freight and work under the same conditions.

does any one kknow the scale of bad scans at the terminals you work at they run over 3 bills per hour then they drop it because they say we had about 5 percent fix scan? anyone else heard of this fix scan?

stacker said:
Good point DS, I think CPH isn't a valid measurement if you are working or not there are to many variables. It's just another way to try to get a production standard in. All docks are not the same size and handle the same freight and work under the same conditions.
Very good point stacker........there ARE too many variables.........and they don't include closing trailers, opening trailers, putting in moves on the computers, reworking stack trailers, recouping strip loads, back stripping trailers for re consignment, customer pickup and deliveries at the dock, pulling 25 deck bars out of the floor on trailers that come back from the district....it goes on and on. But we are still "measured" the same way. DS.