Professional image

jmsconstantino

TB Lurker
Credits
There is a big concern of mine from someone who has been around a while, If I as a p&d driver am standing on a shipper's dock recieving freight at the same time a ups freieght driver, or a fed ex freight driver, They definately portray a much more proffesional image than NEMF. Our drivers wear jean shorts and t-shirts compared to the uniform of these other companies. A-lot of proffesional people do things based on image. I am a proud employee of NEMF and I do my best to present a proffesional image but it is tough to compete with theeir uniforms and technology.

You can order some prefessional looking NEMF clothes from Cintas.com. Company ID is shevellppd.

We should'nt have to buy our own uniforms. I to believe we should look as professional as the next company.

What is wrong with buying your own? I do realize that a uniform would get pricey, but 5 shirts for a week is not bad, you need to wear something. Why not be something that will portray a positive image. Nothing I find more unprofessional that guys wearing t-shirts (big johnson, harley D, etc.). If I had a choice, I would I would pick a light weight polo instead of getting some uniform that does not breath and makes you hot and sticky in the summer.

We should'nt have to buy our own uniforms. I to believe we should look as professional as the next company.

No one said you had to. Buying 5 shirts isn't going to break the bank for you. It will even save you wear and tear on your own personal everyday clothing. If a uniform was manditory people would be complaining about that too. Be happy you are given a choice.

It would be nice, but like you said there would be guys complaining we had to wear uniforms. I am happy where I work, cincy linehaul. FTE!

I see a future where uniforms will become a mandatory issue by the DOT for trucking companies.........especially for Haz-Mat.

At the terminal I work at safety shirts and jackets are issued once a year if don't get hurt or have an accident. With a clean pair of pants this is a professional look. When worker appeciation week comes around so do the NEMF hats. I have more than enough NEMF gear to look clean and professional.

I'm line-haul, which means I never see customers.. But I would still love to have a uniform. That way I dont get salt and grease all over MY clothes.. Jmscon is right, it would present a more professional image, especially for those city drivers. But im sure supplying the uniforms is something they would never want to pay for, much less cleaning them.

image is everything...buddy of mine says nemf guys get safety shirts based on their safety record...ok...my thought is i have run into a couple of senior drivers that wear them,and i must say they look professional..soooo why dont they all wear them,my assumption would be that they are not safe or choose not to wear it...i also ran into a nemf driver that i talk to alot...he dresses like a hobo..ripped jeans,unshaven,ripped jacket...WTF....UPS,NEW PENN,CONWAY,FDX WOULD NEVER STAND FOR IT.....why does NEMF?...

image is everything...buddy of mine says nemf guys get safety shirts based on their safety record...ok...my thought is i have run into a couple of senior drivers that wear them,and i must say they look professional..soooo why dont they all wear them,my assumption would be that they are not safe or choose not to wear it...i also ran into a nemf driver that i talk to alot...he dresses like a hobo..ripped jeans,unshaven,ripped jacket...WTF....UPS,NEW PENN,CONWAY,FDX WOULD NEVER STAND FOR IT.....why does NEMF?...

I wish I knew and I plan to ask!! I get sick of how some of these drivers look like slobs.

I'm a line-haul driver for Old Dominion,they furnish your initial set of uniforms[5 pairs of pants ,10shirts ,and one your choice of jacket,winter coat,or parka]then every year after,you get a$100.00dollar allowance for new uniforms.I think its good deal ,we have a good selection of styles to choose from including polo shirts,cargo pants,etc.Uniforms are manditory for P&D drivers companywide and optional for line[my barn manditory for everyone] we get feedback from customers[and others]complementing us on our uniforms ,I don't know if we get more freight because of the uniforms but we do look more professional IMO do our jobs better as a result.

well it really shouldnt be much surprise anyway, has anyone seen the condition of their terminals and equipt ..does the attire of their drivers surprise anyone...i have been to a bunch of other trucking terminals and you could see the workers had pride where they worked..i went to a NEMF terminal and the roof was leaking their fence torn down...just think you represent the company you work for...and if you dress like a slob your a bad representative........food for thought have you ever seen a UPS driver or been to their facility... not to bash any driver or company ..but geez have a little pride man

well it really shouldnt be much surprise anyway, has anyone seen the condition of their terminals and equipt ..does the attire of their drivers surprise anyone...i have been to a bunch of other trucking terminals and you could see the workers had pride where they worked..i went to a NEMF terminal and the roof was leaking their fence torn down...just think you represent the company you work for...and if you dress like a slob your a bad representative........food for thought have you ever seen a UPS driver or been to their facility... not to bash any driver or company ..but geez have a little pride man

What term are you talking about, with the roof and fence?

I ordered a few shirts and the lunchbag from Cintas. They are not bad, not great, but cheap, less than Dickies work shirts. I feel a little better about my image at work with at least something that says NEMF. It's worth the shot if you are looking to purchase work clothes. They take a little while to ship but free. Again "cintas.com" our company code is "shevellppd"