XPO | PTO annual selection

Damm looks pretty simple to me and would not be that hard to do at XPO since you bid before PTO selection. Oh wait at XPO you can flip flop between LH and city with no penalty. If I remember there was one at FedEx correct

FedEx has 2 separate boards for drivers and you can only move between the two if there's a job opening. You can't jump back and forth every bid. It's an internal job transfer. With that transfer, you move to the bottom of the board for assignments, but vacations are bid in company seniority not job class seniority.

I don't have enough seniority for the time I want off. There's too much demand, so when it's time to vacation bid, I waive and don't bid. Then I just call off for the week I want, take the points and put in accrued vacation time.

Eh, I'll throw im my worthless 2 cents, As a longterm driver with 7 weeks I can say this, dalesr is right, if there is a barn with a bunch of us old timers, then picking 2-3 weeks at a time, then coming back around for the remainder is only fair for the jr guys who have a young family and want a nice summer week to spend with them. I only pick 3 weeks a year typically and use the rest for storm days, last minute pto and carry over the rest. I even came in and worked for a driver on a Thursday and Friday night one time when I was on vacation, because they had special family event going on and couldn't have the time off because I was off that week. I work at a smaller barn, so I guess it's easier to do that.

Why????? Do city guy cover LH runs when LH guy goes on vacation or vise versa.
The same can be said on separate boards for office staff and DW.
Here the thing were I work now there are 3 different shift so when it comes to days off I'm only going up against the guys that work on my shift which is 3rd. So each shift is allowed only so many off per day. It's really not that hard
our tm tried this last year and senior drivers didnt like it so we re-bid. Years ago, flex drivers covered night linehaul vacations but no more. We just run short. DW, drivers and office staff have their own board.

Too many linehaul drivers off? No problem. We become the VIA capital of the world. And we don't pull drivers off P&D. At least not lately.

our tm tried this last year and senior drivers didnt like it so we re-bid. Years ago, flex drivers covered night linehaul vacations but no more. We just run short. DW, drivers and office staff have their own board.
Yeah… flex don’t cover lh now, they don’t like working nights. Gotta accommodate.

Yes he earned his spot. So why did so many bitch at my place when they brought flex in early? They could have bid flex just like he could have bid nights. It is funny how at FedEX post #22 they have separate vacation boards and been like that since I worked there before it was FedEx
Yeah, and they don't have to work at xpo either

There is a way to make the vacation system more fair for everyone, but it would require senior drivers who "earned their seniority" simply because they didn't quit to open up their hearts and take one for the team. I've mentioned it before and got lamb basted for it, so unless someone is actually interested in me explaining it again, I'll end this thought right here.
It is not my job after 21 years to give anything other than advice and encouragement to the newer hires. "Open heart" comment made me laugh.

It is not my job after 21 years to give anything other than advice and encouragement to the newer hires. "Open heart" comment made me laugh.
Seniority privileges are earned from keeping your job long enough to enjoy them . Years ago Management at our barn started changing the rules to accommodate new hires. They limited how you could select our vacation time to allow for more time available for new hires. It was one of the reasons our barn voted to unionization.
New hires have to wait their turn just like me and others have. We should not have to sacrifice what we earned for the company to maintain new employees. Xpo can hire enough extras to cover employees that are off.

Seniority privileges are earned from keeping your job long enough to enjoy them . Years ago Management at our barn started changing the rules to accommodate new hires. They limited how you could select our vacation time to allow for more time available for new hires. It was one of the reasons our barn voted to unionization.
New hires have to wait their turn just like me and others have. We should not have to sacrifice what we earned for the company to maintain new employees. Xpo can hire enough extras to cover employees that are off.
When I first came on board I thought this whole thing was some sort of hazing process amongst the senior guys. Not all of them, just some. I took it in stride. Maybe I’m just a bitter old focker now but I’m really not interested in hearing about the labor-pains of being a new hire and not getting what you want.

When I first came on board I thought this whole thing was some sort of hazing process amongst the senior guys. Not all of them, just some. I took it in stride. Maybe I’m just a bitter old focker now but I’m really not interested in hearing about the labor-pains of being a new hire and not getting what you want.
Hey if they don't like the rule then leave. The door swing both ways. I left for other reason, but even at my new place vacation is still selected in seniority order. Though we run 3 shifts, each shift is allowed only so may be off. I work 3rd so those senior to me on 1st and 2nd do not affect me when selecting time off. I never see it happening at XPO one being too much of a headache for management, and bitching

Hey if they don't like the rule then leave. The door swing both ways. I left for other reason, but even at my new place vacation is still selected in seniority order. Though we run 3 shifts, each shift is allowed only so may be off. I work 3rd so those senior to me on 1st and 2nd do not affect me when selecting time off. I never see it happening at XPO one being too much of a headache for management, and bitching
Strange enough but are barn was only aloud so many drivers per day . Consisting of a mix of both city and linehaul combined . 3 max period.

Strange enough but are barn was only aloud so many drivers per day . Consisting of a mix of both city and linehaul combined . 3 max period.
When I started it was 6 then drop to 5 and was 4 when I left. As drivers left they hired more DW and in turned cut number that can be off

I’ve started over many times because of companies closing their doors . I’ve never once bitched about how vacations are done or how bids are done . I understood from day one it’s by seniority . I worked my way up the board and eventually got the runs or days off I wanted . Doing it by seniority is the way it should be . These guys helped build the company and put up with all tge BS and they deserve it done by seniority .
Homerun!