Yellow | Question about moving expense

roadwaywife

TB Lurker
Credits
In the change decision, it says the company is offering a flat dollar amount of $2,500 - $3500 for moves in lieu of moving expenses. Does that mean they are offering either 2500-3500 or they pay moving expense such as movers or is that you get 2500-3500 and thats what you have to move your stuff with.

I'm asking because we moved in the 2006 change and we have movers come in and pack, load, move and unload us and that was the best. I hope I have that option for this. I would recommend anyone taking the change to use movers if possible.

I am sure that the flat fee is living expense only... they will pay to move your stuff or reimpurse you if you chose to move it yourself...u-haul type move... but I could be understanding it wrong.

ok well in lieu of, means in place of, so i am hoping it means they pay movers or u take 2500-3500.....because living expense is 3150 or they pay lodging. guess i will just have to call local monday.

looked to me it had changed since we moved 2 years ago . i dont think they will move you as i read it . just the $2500 for up to 500 miles and $3000 for a move over that the $2150 or lodging is the same as it was

Here's how I read it..........

RDWY will pay for your lodging or give you a lump sum of $3,150, not both.

RDWY will pay to move you or give you a lump sum of $2,500-$3,500 depending on the number of miles you are moving, not both. DS.

So do I understand this right 3150 unstead of lodging and 2500 for up to 500 miles. I get a check for $5650 if I get to new place on my own? Never had to move so I'm dumb on subject.

Here's how I read it..........

RDWY will pay for your lodging or give you a lump sum of $3,150, not both.

RDWY will pay to move you or give you a lump sum of $2,500-$3,500 depending on the number of miles you are moving, not both. DS.

Ty Docksteward, I thought that was how I was reading it to, but sometimes you second guess yourself especially when reading their language.

when i transferred i got my 2000 check (after taxes) and atlas moving did my move, so i got 2000 cash PLUS free moving PLUS 35? cents a mile which was about 310 miles, so roadway pays for 3 things, the 310 mile check took me a while to get but i got it eventually after speaking up about it

I wish I could figure out from the decision if those of us in laid off status will lose our seniority and pay our own move, even if we bid out within the number of lost positions at our terminal.

I wish I could figure out from the decision if those of us in laid off status will lose our seniority and pay our own move, even if we bid out within the number of lost positions at our terminal.
Honest Vwaggs the way I read it, makes no difference working or laid off as long as you have a chance to step up to the phone during coo you will have ALL the protections. It's after the coo that you lose senotiry and moving expenses. Then it becomes an elective move and yes you will take it in the shorts but there are options that we never had before at least as a city man. It sure is confusing and just the way I see it.:smilie_132:

According to the contract. Article #5, if you are laid off, it is considered a "work opportunity" and thereby you move on your own dime, and you lose your bidding seniority. But keep your original seniority for fringe bennies...
However, I agree with you all that the COO decision is very vague about it all...

This is probably a Truckingboards first. 3 Totally unorchestrated posts. Liberal, Moderate and Conservative, all in a row!!! :hysterical::hysterical: