ABF | Question on linehaul

I'm glad you're being honest driver. Most people aren't and are just being sarcastic and rude. The fuel job here isn't by the load per say. It's mileage and per loading and unloading. Doesn't seem to bad. Be a minimum of 54k a year If I did my math right. I'm in Minneapolis. I want to make 60k or more and I really do believe it's possible. I've done foodservice and I don't really want to go back to that. I work Monday thru Friday now. But the loads are bad and unsafe and to me the pay is low. Not sure what is good anymore

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

One reason why I was looking into the tanker gig is because I'll be able to work into a nice day schedule during the week shift shortly cuz they are growing so fast. Also they are talking about shuttling grocery trailers to the cities and having a driver take em to Duluth to deliver to the stores. I had a opportunity to go to saia to work city but I didn't have my tanker endorsement yet so I missed out. I know there's other jobs but idk where to look or anything anymore. I was looking into being a union car hauler

I was really being honest with you not being a jerk, I am 44 yrs old. Began with ABF with well controlled type 2 diabetes, now it is extremely out of control, have gained 40#s, I have bad back issues, shoulder issues, have had 1 surgery to clean joint due to slouching, etc.. I need the other done!! trucks are bad! I really have developed a lumbar back issue that has caused an issue with testicular area and have to take meds for prostate and frequently get epiditimitis and require antibiotics, weird condition but from back/ urinary emptying.. Just not worth it.. And the sleep is horrible unless you have enough seniority to work gravy hours and the company is going to become more demanding.. My advice,, keep looking,, tankers usually requires pay by the unload deal thus hurry! do you really want to hurry with fuel in your tanks? There are good driving jobs out there.. What city are you in? One option, a temp driving agency!! A few pay real good and good drivers are in demand.. M-F day schedules,, perhaps a slight adjustment in lifestyle, but that little 3 yr old is worth not working nights and being gone always.. that 3 yr old needs a daddy! mom needs a husband,, ABF wont allow that.. trust me I know.. A lot of guys at my terminal are looking, including myself.. Getting out of truck all out!!
I know the issues you speak of exist but I thought maybe you were exaggerating a bit. Sorry to hear you have it all and good luck getting out. Getting out of the freight industry does not seem to be easy to do.

I was really being honest with you not being a jerk, I am 44 yrs old. Began with ABF with well controlled type 2 diabetes, now it is extremely out of control, have gained 40#s, I have bad back issues, shoulder issues, have had 1 surgery to clean joint due to slouching, etc.. I need the other done!! trucks are bad! I really have developed a lumbar back issue that has caused an issue with testicular area and have to take meds for prostate and frequently get epiditimitis and require antibiotics, weird condition but from back/ urinary emptying.. Just not worth it.. And the sleep is horrible unless you have enough seniority to work gravy hours and the company is going to become more demanding.. My advice,, keep looking,, tankers usually requires pay by the unload deal thus hurry! do you really want to hurry with fuel in your tanks? There are good driving jobs out there.. What city are you in? One option, a temp driving agency!! A few pay real good and good drivers are in demand.. M-F day schedules,, perhaps a slight adjustment in lifestyle, but that little 3 yr old is worth not working nights and being gone always.. that 3 yr old needs a daddy! mom needs a husband,, ABF wont allow that.. trust me I know.. A lot of guys at my terminal are looking, including myself.. Getting out of truck all out!!

Bunch of BS. I started driving for ABF in 05 at age 27. I was lazy, didn't watch what I ate, and got zero exercise and ballooned to 235 lbs, and I'm 5'8. While running the road with ABF I'm down to 215. Long ways to go, but heading in the right direction. I pack my food, drink nothing but water and exercise. While at hotel I go for 3-5 mile walks. When at home I hit the gym 2-3 times a week, and now riding my bike.
Your problems are your fault, not ABF's.

Hmm ok. I have a 3 year old that I would like to spend time with. Would I have to go out every time they call?

Being at the bottom, you better go. Take all you can get when at the bottom.
Trust me, you'll see your child plenty. There will be days you're not called. And when its busy, you can take off a couple days after 6 trips.

Btw, you have to go when called.

Yeah I'm 27 and I have a 3 year old. I applied for both linehaul and city. I also have a interview next week for a convenient store chain pulling tankers. Set schedules but just really crappy schedule to start out. But it pays between 55-65k a year before bonuses. 4 day work week. 1350 a quarter for safety bonus and profit sharing at the end of the year

Decide whats important. Money or schedule?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'm 27 and I have a 3 year old. I applied for both linehaul and city. I also have a interview next week for a convenient store chain pulling tankers. Set schedules but just really crappy schedule to start out. But it pays between 55-65k a year before bonuses. 4 day work week. 1350 a quarter for safety bonus and profit sharing at the end of the year

Sounds like Kwik Trip… If you want to work for another large gas hauler in the metro, let me know...

yea ok, do you do anything but start crap with everyone? I can guarantee we will hear about you having a heart attack before me.. The guys asking serious questions and getting serious answers.. BTW, 5"8 and 215 is still overweight! Back issues turning into testicular type issues is a direct result of driving!! Type 2 diabetes and higher blood sugars and irregular sleep are increased due to this schedule,, fact,, so yes my fault by doing this job, but a direct relation to this job,, why do you think more and more companies do turn only runs??? healthier for drivers, more productive and less costly.. fact.. so take your bull**** somewhere else...
Bunch of BS. I started driving for ABF in 05 at age 27. I was lazy, didn't watch what I ate, and got zero exercise and ballooned to 235 lbs, and I'm 5'8. While running the road with ABF I'm down to 215. Long ways to go, but heading in the right direction. I pack my food, drink nothing but water and exercise. While at hotel I go for 3-5 mile walks. When at home I hit the gym 2-3 times a week, and now riding my bike.
Your problems are your fault, not ABF's.

yea ok, do you do anything but start crap with everyone? I can guarantee we will hear about you having a heart attack before me.. The guys asking serious questions and getting serious answers.. BTW, 5"8 and 215 is still overweight! Back issues turning into testicular type issues is a direct result of driving!! Type 2 diabetes and higher blood sugars and irregular sleep are increased due to this schedule,, fact,, so yes my fault by doing this job, but a direct relation to this job,, why do you think more and more companies do turn only runs??? healthier for drivers, more productive and less costly.. fact.. so take your bull**** somewhere else...
You should know by now it's not worth the time to respond to him, he has one friend ..... The mirror ....

You should know by now it's not worth the time to respond to him, he has one friend ..... The mirror ....
I think there is one other TB member out there who thinks along the same lines...

Not only are you lazy, you can't read. I said I'm still over weight and still have a long ways to go, but I'm heading in the right direction.

Get off your butt and go for a walk, drink more water, stop with the fast food. It's not rocket science.

Big baby...

You'll side with anyone against me no matter reasoning. Drones do what drones do.

Answer me this, where was I wrong?

Not only are you lazy, you can't read. I said I'm still over weight and still have a long ways to go, but I'm heading in the right direction.

Get off your butt and go for a walk, drink more water, stop with the fast food. It's not rocket science.

Big baby...[/QUOTEIi seen your Facebook , Jenny Craig won't be calling you any time soon..... But don't give up ....