SAIA | questions

I doubt it Marty R. and his team are working on the integration now. From what I understand the WestEx, Action Express and Clark Brothers people were happy with the way things were handled. They will want to speak with there HR rep they would have the latest information and any thing special they may be doing with salaries. Line haul is uniformed across the company. The hourly positions do vary from market to market.

I guess this may be the question of the year.Will Connection drivers even be offered employment???Or will Saia start over from scratch with transfers & new hires???

I guess this may be the question of the year.Will Connection drivers even be offered employment???Or will Saia start over from scratch with transfers & new hires???
the company driver have been told that they will have a job. the o/o have been given the option of staying on and Saia will rent the trucks from them or they can leave.

I'm still waiting to see if or when they are going to hire more drivers.

Doubles, etc

Might as well learn how and go take the test to get the endorsement. There shouldn't be a driving test for that endorsement. The linehaul operation is majority pup operation. Hope all goes well.

Set Class

At my barn,I think 4 out of 6 line drivers do,Myself included.City drivers ,I don't know.I have offered assistance for the drivers in showing them how to hook a set.Course we dont have any yet.:chairshot:

The driver trainers here in the PDX region give set classes for all new drivers and as a refresher for the city drivers who may not pull a set on a regular basis. We also have the triple lanes also. You only have a written test for the T endorsement.

the company driver have been told that they will have a job. the o/o have been given the option of staying on and Saia will rent the trucks from them or they can leave.

I'm still waiting to see if or when they are going to hire more drivers.

You will have to be patient on the hiring process. First thing that will probably happen is that the management will wring out every last ounce of efficiency possible before putting on new hands. Just remember Saia is numbers driven and learn to live with it.

Once there is a good two way flow of freight I believe there will be more hiring. Hopefully, we will be sending you guys a lot and can build up the load factor quickly.

Equipment

What kind of city and linehaul power equipment do you have? Is it reasonably new (3-5 yrs old) or is it really tired like some we already have?

Current philosophy is purchase power equipment that can be slipseated between city and line haul.

What kind of shape are the trailers in?

I'll try to answer that one as easy as I can.Junk,Junk and more Junk.When Larry came and gave the meeting after the sale,We asked if they(Saia) bought the equipment too.They said yes,we said why??

So what do you have?

I'll try to answer that one as easy as I can.Junk,Junk and more Junk.When Larry came and gave the meeting after the sale,We asked if they(Saia) bought the equipment too.They said yes,we said why??

HBK what do you have for tractors? Are they owned or leased? What are the O/O running?

HBK what do you have for tractors? Are they owned or leased? What are the O/O running?
I'm not sure about his place.but Columbus
has Volvo's and freightliners if i remember right.
as far as i know they are owned by the connection. as for the o/o everything.
wife told me over the weekend that Jeff had just bought 6 new trucks and Saia said they would honor the buy. she not sure if they are KW's ore Volvo's.
Saia equipment is starting to show up here two trucks and a few trailer so far.