Holland | quick question

Tin Horn is correct. All you guys that keep saying it needs to be done as soon as its loaded or unloaded is wrong and keep saying call hazmat or fire marshal you shouldn't say that unless you no foreshore. We had it were some one called and like tin horn said if its up to the dock its an extension of the dock, ounce its pulled away from the dock then the placards need to be changed. Your company may have different rules on when it should be done (by a dockworker rite away or not may very) but as far as law its when its pulled away.
weagle, thanx for your positive input on what i knew, from experience, was a correct answer. even though i was sure of what i was saying, it lends credence to my response when someone concurs with my statments. i would like to wish you and your family, and all members of all boards and their familys, a very happy, healthy, and prosperous new year!:clap::smilie_132:

At our terminal, it's the city driver' responsibility for placards. Now, if you're a road driver, and the dock is lit, the dock (or yardman) is responsible. I always believed that if hazmat was loaded or unloaded, placards were changed at that time. According to management, if the trailer is sitting at the dock, placards don't need to be changed at all, as a "trailer at the dock" is assumed to be an "extension" of the dock. I'll bet any fire marshall would disagree.