R&L | R+L Carriers of Wilmington, Ohio, rejoined LTL's "billion-dollar club

shadowr434

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Biggest LTL Carriers Outpace Market in 2010 | Journal of Commerce

Biggest LTL Carriers Outpace Market in 2010

LTL's 'billionaires' increase revenue 16 percent, compared with 9.1 percent average

The biggest less-than-truckload carriers got bigger in 2010, with the number of LTL trucking companies with more than $1 billion in revenue climbing to nine.

R+L Carriers of Wilmington, Ohio, rejoined LTL's "billion-dollar club" in 2010, increasing its LTL revenue 12.2 percent, according to SJ Consulting Group estimates.

you know what popped up in my mind first-
myself, and alot of other people are the reason why this company is where it now is. april is cost of living raise time. we better be getting one this year.

you know what popped up in my mind first-
myself, and alot of other people are the reason why this company is where it now is. april is cost of living raise time. we better be getting one this year.

Me too my friend,me too.

SO first, thanks Shadow for posting this article on RL. Second, Jules, you are correct. If they don't give out something this year, they are going to cook their own goose, and it is going to be one messy SOB.

I know the morale is low and has been for quite a while. I know R&L won't share this info with their employee's, that is why I am thankful for shadow and truckingboards for getting this info out..

I know all of us have gone above and beyond for the last few years, with no raise, insurance raised 3 times, and no sense of appreciation from anyone in management. That not only includes the local level, but from the big house especially.

I agree with sapper, if they don't come across with something they will be cooking their own goose and it certainly will be one messy SOB.

I know the morale is low and has been for quite a while. I know R&L won't share this info with their employee's, that is why I am thankful for shadow and truckingboards for getting this info out..

I know all of us have gone above and beyond for the last few years, with no raise, insurance raised 3 times, and no sense of appreciation from anyone in management. That not only includes the local level, but from the big house especially.

I agree with sapper, if they don't come across with something they will be cooking their own goose and it certainly will be one messy SOB.

I certainly will be spreading this info around to as many as I can.I should be known by all just what is going on.

i was told that no cost of living increase unless inflation rate goes up,that it doesnt matter if everything else has gone up. just saying.

i was told that no cost of living increase unless inflation rate goes up,that it doesnt matter if everything else has gone up. just saying.

Well,I believe that could be a real mistake on their part.Im not sure how the senior drivers of this company will react.Im not sure how I will react but Im pretty sure it wont be positively. Make sure everyone you come into contact with knows this info.We all should know.

Shadow, thanks I agree.

You never know about how R+L is doing.
I know we do some crazy things.

I just hope we did better than the top revenue carriers.

Fedex: Revenue of $1.12 billion, up 8% from last year's $1.04 billion
Operating loss of $110 million, compared with an operating loss of $107 million a year ago
Operating margin of (9.8%), compared with (10.3%) the previous year

For the full-year 2010, Con-way reported net income of $4.0 million, Revenue for the full-year 2010 was $4.95 billion.
This compares to a full-year 2009 net loss to common shareholders of $110.9 million.

ABF: • Revenue of $1.66 billion, net income of ($32.4) Million

We know what YRC did.

well we have a driver post that information up at the terminal and everyone saw it .they took down and told the driver not to post anything up they didnt want anyone to see that information if you pay attenion at the tv sceen they r remind us we didnt take a pay cut they insurance when up that a pay cut they dont see it like that

Grow up people and quit talking trash about how you will react. You will act like the rest of us,***** and moan and then go back to work. Until the economy picks up some or they get rid of Zimmerman I don't see why they would be compelled to give us a raise. This is not the same company that we hired on to,you should know that by now. I for one am going to hold out for better days to roll back around again. I plan to be here after Zimmerman has looted all he can and is kicked to the curb. I'm really starting to see why Junior jumped ship,he didn't like the way things are being run. FYI the Commerce Journal-where this article came from-has a piece about there being a truck shortage within the next year or so. There is starting to be a shortage of trucks AND drivers,can you say the law of supply and demand. Hang tight and bide your time and your skills will be worth more in the near future. In other words they will have to pay us more to keep drivers.

no ,,,no overtime ,,drivers at our barn get in trouble if they get over 60 hours , dock workers and mechanics work up to 50 hours straight time

They need a change in labor laws for hourly drivers.Talk about abuse! I applied at R&L and they didnt call me.American Freightways did,that was 13 years ago. Im glad things turned out the way they did. I wonder how they get away not paying mechnics ot? Im assuming there is a loophole?

We don't get paid overtime pay, just straight time pay. But customer service gets paid time and a half for everything they work after 40. They work for the same company. I don't understand how they get away with that one. Check it out for your self. Ask your local customer service rep. I've been scratching my head on that one for years. How can they get paid it and we can't??????