FedEx Freight | Railroad strike?

You folks at FedEx are non-union. If you and the other non-union companies would only put away your animosity toward the Teamsters and organize, then we in LTL trucking would have the same clout the RR workers have. It's not rocket science.

Not the same. Truckers go on strike and any Joe blow can go buy a truck to make a killing then sell it when they're done. Can't just buy a train and run on the rails.

Not the same. Truckers go on strike and any Joe blow can go buy a truck to make a killing then sell it when they're done. Can't just buy a train and run on the rails.
BS, no amount of independent OO's can possibly handle LTL freight. Your comment is beyond foolish.

BS, no amount of independent OO's can possibly handle LTL freight. Your comment is beyond foolish.

How many trucking companies are there? How many rail companies are there?

Which is easier to start? Which is easier to find employees for?

It's not foolish. People can be incentivized to move the freight and there are ways to do it, especially by truck. There's no way to move trains or just start a train company.

It's easier to unionize rail employees because there's only a handful of them at a handful of companies.

Saying that you can unionize all of the employees at a over a dozen LTL companies so they can take over the world in an industry that's that not that difficult to start up in is beyond foolish.

Lol, told ya'll.

I did like this bit of puke, which is a slap in the face to CDL workers.

"It is a win for tens of thousands of rail workers who worked tirelessly through the pandemic to ensure that America’s families and communities got deliveries of what have kept us going during these difficult years,” said Biden’s statement. “These rail workers will get better pay, improved working conditions, and peace of mind around their health care costs: all hard-earned.”

"HerOeS WoRK heRe!"

Lol, told ya'll.

I did like this bit of puke, which is a slap in the face to CDL workers.

"It is a win for tens of thousands of rail workers who worked tirelessly through the pandemic to ensure that America’s families and communities got deliveries of what have kept us going during these difficult years,” said Biden’s statement. “These rail workers will get better pay, improved working conditions, and peace of mind around their health care costs: all hard-earned.”

"HerOeS WoRK heRe!"

All paid for by the companies that should be paying us.

I haven't seen a heroes banner it's a while.... Guess we're not heroes anymore.

Amazing the news coverage on this and the amazing job that our stellar administration did to avoid the catrophic logistics issue. (Sarcasm)
Create a news storyline...feed the drama, provide a heroic solution, take credit for the win... Hopefully narrative will help get support for upcoming election... Coincidence? I can't even stand to watch news anymore.

Amazing the news coverage on this and the amazing job that our stellar administration did to avoid the catrophic logistics issue. (Sarcasm)
Create a news storyline...feed the drama, provide a heroic solution, take credit for the win... Hopefully narrative will help get support for upcoming election... Coincidence? I can't even stand to watch news anymore.
This administration relying on FEAR to get the elected "regig election" or keep them in office..