FedEx Freight | Rally up!!!!!

NEWFEDEX

TB Lurker
Credits
Teamsters Election News - FedEx Freight Inc.
Date of Election Wednesday , November 12, 2014
Time 6:00 A:M to 9:30 A:M and 6:00 P.M to 9:00 P.M
Place 75 Avenue L, Newark New Jersey :Duel:

and get shut down like vancover hope you think it thru. if you think that shutting down a terminal for a month our two to get rid of the union is going to hurt fedex. then you guys really need to rethink it. I read how just because you voted union you think you are a union member. that might be true you are a member of a union that does not have a contract with fededx. so there for you really don't have anything. If you think fedex is going to come to the table your wrong. not with out being drugged by the courts. by then every place that voted in the union we be shut down the employees let go and a bunch of other people well get jobs. But don't worry that union you belong to I am sure will be happy to help you find a new job. just a rant I am done. and yes I am a road driver not a red shirt. I have seen this type of stuff done before in spokane with a big company. they just up and closed the doors. put about 1000 plus people out of jobs. so good luck in the fight i hope the best for you all.

and get shut down like vancover hope you think it thru. if you think that shutting down a terminal for a month our two to get rid of the union is going to hurt fedex. then you guys really need to rethink it. I read how just because you voted union you think you are a union member. that might be true you are a member of a union that does not have a contract with fededx. so there for you really don't have anything. If you think fedex is going to come to the table your wrong. not with out being drugged by the courts. by then every place that voted in the union we be shut down the employees let go and a bunch of other people well get jobs. But don't worry that union you belong to I am sure will be happy to help you find a new job. just a rant I am done. and yes I am a road driver not a red shirt. I have seen this type of stuff done before in spokane with a big company. they just up and closed the doors. put about 1000 plus people out of jobs. so good luck in the fight i hope the best for you all.
Can't hire drivers now so just to show those ungrateful slobs that think they deserve to be treated like human beings, I FedEx Corp am going to just close down centers, lose the market share that we have and not be the largest ltl carrier in the business. Why I'll show those ungrateful deadbeats, I'll cut the nose off my face to spite them.

PUULEEESE get real.

Sounds like you don't think too highly of FedEx, since you predict them doing the above, just for spite. Who would make that decision? Not one guy, that's for sure... What might the share holders say? Have thought your possiton through?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told Vancouver was a warehouse not a terminal. I don't know that as fact though. Also it was 8 dock workers not drivers. Im sure they have a location close that can service that area. I bet Canada labor laws are different from ours too!

Also is FedEx gonna shut down major hubs they have spent millions on? Get real!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This small company FedEx never had a plan for 3rd party called teamsters, FedEx is waving white flag, 2 terminals out of 378 FedEx has giving up, teamsters won.Happy Holidays

I was told Vancouver was a warehouse not a terminal. I don't know that as fact though. Also it was 8 dock workers not drivers. Im sure they have a location close that can service that area. I bet Canada labor laws are different from ours too!

Also if FedEx gonna shut down major hubs they have spent millions on? Get real!!
FedEx spent a pretty good chunk on the relay yard in Aurora Nebraska, only to close it 8 months later. If it looks good on paper, it will happen.

Guardrail

Closing any of our facilities to avoid dealing with a certified union is per se illegal and prohibited by US labor law.

Facility shutdowns and relocations for the sole purpose of avoiding unionization are called “runaway shops”. As you can imagine, the National Labor Relations Board has developed specific remedies to penalize companies that engage in this tactic.

Unfortunately, when the closing of a facility is discriminatorily motivated or due to anti-union animus, a violation of the Act has occurred and the NLRB may order restoration of the operations. This is seen when an employer shuts down or transfers work to a non-union facility. Those companies have been ordered to return to the location they left, re-hire laid off workers, and resume operations as usual – even if operating at a significant loss.

FedEx spent a pretty good chunk on the relay yard in Aurora Nebraska, only to close it 8 months later. If it looks good on paper, it will happen.

Guardrail

Wow! I never have heard a more ignorant statement! This is a attack on the statement not you, but I'm sure you will ban me!

Are you really comparing hubs to relay yards? Relays have no other purpose other than relay! They have no city operation or dock to break out freight! So by your logic FedEx will shut down Nashville a 216 door hub with the capacity to build 200 more doors, a city operation that has over 80 city drivers! Oh yeah one more thing!

A hub operation that has these centers coming to it every night!

Out of Tennessee: JKT, MEM, DRS, LUG, CJE, CHA, KPT, KNX,MEM.

Out of Arkansas: WME,JBR.

Out of Mississippi: TUP

Out of Missouri: CPG

Out of Illinois: EFH

Out of Indiana: TER, EVV, IND

Out of Kentucky: NKY, LOU, BWG, LEX, CRB

Out of Ohio: CCI

Out Alabama: DCU, BHM, AHN

Out of Georgia: ATL, NWA, NEA, SWA

Sorry for all the knowledge. Process it slowly and please don't post ANYMORE dumb comparisons! Thank you! Good night now!

Not sure if this the right place to ask this but just wondering if any mechanic's/shop people talked about going union?

Aurora is still open
They closed it then reopened it, months later, and wouldn't allow any of the displaced employees to return with seniority. They did allow Denver to follow the freight (displaced Sidney NE drivers) to Aurora. The point is, FedEx does what they want without regard to their employees.

Guardrail

Wow! I never have heard a more ignorant statement! This is a attack on the statement not you, but I'm sure you will ban me!

Are you really comparing hubs to relay yards? Relays have no other purpose other than relay! They have no city operation or dock to break out freight! So by your logic FedEx will shut down Nashville a 216 door hub with the capacity to build 200 more doors, a city operation that has over 80 city drivers! Oh yeah one more thing!

A hub operation that has these centers coming to it every night!

Out of Tennessee: JKT, MEM, DRS, LUG, CJE, CHA, KPT, KNX,MEM.

Out of Arkansas: WME,JBR.

Out of Mississippi: TUP

Out of Missouri: CPG

Out of Illinois: EFH

Out of Indiana: TER, EVV, IND

Out of Kentucky: NKY, LOU, BWG, LEX, CRB

Out of Ohio: CCI

Out Alabama: DCU, BHM, AHN

Out of Georgia: ATL, NWA, NEA, SWA

Sorry for all the knowledge. Process it slowly and please don't post ANYMORE dumb comparisons! Thank you! Good night now!

Don't be so obtuse. I have never banned anyone for discussing a subject or expressing an opinion.

I didn't compare a relay yard to anything. I just showed an example of how FedEx will spend money to implement an idea that looks good to them at the time. The fact that you think what I wrote is the most ignorant statement you've ever heard tells me one of two things; 1. You haven't been around much or 2. You are exaggerating a wee little bit. Either way, I really don't give a **** what you think. FedEx will do what they want if it fits their agenda.

Guardrail

The folks up in Vancouver were alone if I'm not mistaken. No others had petitions and they were sitting ducks in many respects. We all know how ruthless this company can and will be. I don't think anyone can argue that. Here, we are not alone. In order for this to work, it has to be an all in approach. Otherwise, those who have stood up can and probably be the first to feel the wrath of Memphis. All in folks, leave them no opportunity to stick it to these brave folks. Dont just rock that boat on voting day, turn it over...SAY YES

They closed it then reopened it, months later, and wouldn't allow any of the displaced employees to return with seniority. They did allow Denver to follow the freight (displaced Sidney NE drivers) to Aurora. The point is, FedEx does what they want without regard to their employees.

Guardrail
And another example of people moving to keep a job, then wham we don't need you after all good luck, don't call us we'll call you. That is why FedEx is having a hard time hiring drivers now. Might be the largest, but people certainly not knocking down the doors wanting to work here.

And another example of people moving to keep a job, then wham we don't need you after all good luck, don't call us we'll call you. That is why FedEx is having a hard time hiring drivers now. Might be the largest, but people certainly not knocking down the doors wanting to work here.

Sadly, it use to be

Don't be so obtuse. I have never banned anyone for discussing a subject or expressing an opinion.

I didn't compare a relay yard to anything. I just showed an example of how FedEx will spend money to implement an idea that looks good to them at the time. The fact that you think what I wrote is the most ignorant statement you've ever heard tells me one of two things; 1. You haven't been around much or 2. You are exaggerating a wee little bit. Either way, I really don't give a **** what you think. FedEx will do what they want if it fits their agenda.

Guardrail
You should pass that first part on to some of your fellow mods....

So if the rest of the terminals in Jersey vote the union in fedex will have Cinnaminson cover the whole state along with Phillys area as well?