FedEx Freight | Rally up!!!!!

Not sure if this the right place to ask this but just wondering if any mechanic's/shop people talked about going union?

I heard most of ours were wanting in but not sure if they can/will be included. They may have to file separate to avoid a Fedex challenge due to job class. I am sure there are more who have a better idea about this but my info in this area is limited. From what I have heard and it could be wrong. The drivers under contract are drivers and don't cross job class to work the dock. Likewise dock workers don't drive in the city. Yard jockeys may fall to one side or the other but unsure. Mechanics would not drive in the city and drivers wouldn't fix trucks. That would be a stretch but a job class difference just the same. Basically you would do what you do and not anything else. This would end drivers being forced to work the dock if they are understaffed. The final contract could reverse this but I think it is a general idea of how job class works. Correct me if I have bad info but don't accuse me of making bold statements or being a know it all.

I'm still waiting on official word Vancouver was shuttered. Call me crazy, but I refuse to accept a screen shot of off an anti union Facebook page.

But yet you believe everything the teamsters tell. A little narrow minded?

The only narrow minded person is you. The teamsters told us up front the truth everything is negotiable. lol You keep spewing your anti union crap you make yourself look like a ass with every lie you and company tell.

The only narrow minded person is you. The teamsters told us up front the truth everything is negotiable. lol You keep spewing your anti union crap you make yourself look like a ass with every lie you and company tell.

You have no idea what the truth is. All you know is that you are not happy and you think the union will be able to help you. You belive what you want and i belive what i want. I don;t believe anythng the union says because they are not required by law to tell the truth, so why would they. You are a prime example as to why the teamsters have a bad rap, you either are with them or you will be ridiculed, laughed at, and called a snitch or red shirt. Get a life and quit being a teamster B****.

M
and get shut down like vancover hope you think it thru. if you think that shutting down a terminal for a month our two to get rid of the union is going to hurt fedex. then you guys really need to rethink it. I read how just because you voted union you think you are a union member. that might be true you are a member of a union that does not have a contract with fededx. so there for you really don't have anything. If you think fedex is going to come to the table your wrong. not with out being drugged by the courts. by then every place that voted in the union we be shut down the employees let go and a bunch of other people well get jobs. But don't worry that union you belong to I am sure will be happy to help you find a new job. just a rant I am done. and yes I am a road driver not a red shirt. I have seen this type of stuff done before in spokane with a big company. they just up and closed the doors. put about 1000 plus people out of jobs. so good luck in the fight i hope the best for you all.

Doooooooooo WHAT???????????????????????? HUHHH!!!!!! Oh yea I forgot- What was the name of that company with the 1000 Employees!?!?

I heard most of ours were wanting in but not sure if they can/will be included. They may have to file separate to avoid a Fedex challenge due to job class. I am sure there are more who have a better idea about this but my info in this area is limited. From what I have heard and it could be wrong. The drivers under contract are drivers and don't cross job class to work the dock. Likewise dock workers don't drive in the city. Yard jockeys may fall to one side or the other but unsure. Mechanics would not drive in the city and drivers wouldn't fix trucks. That would be a stretch but a job class difference just the same. Basically you would do what you do and not anything else. This would end drivers being forced to work the dock if they are understaffed. The final contract could reverse this but I think it is a general idea of how job class works. Correct me if I have bad info but don't accuse me of making bold statements or being a know it all.

Drivers could and probably would still work the dock in the union.

A Dock worker is different in that they are not required to have a CDL.

Most Drivers that work the dock spend more time driving than doing dock work. (Note the word "most")

Mechanics are talking about a union but they can petition with others besides the Teamsters. i.e,. Machinist unions etc.

Both Dock workers and Mechanics can and probably will petition for representation as soon as the dust settles with the Drivers unionizing.

Remember, get all the information you can from both sides. If you hear something from other sources, verify it with the appropriate party.

Be an informed participant in your right to vote for this important event.

You have no idea what the truth is. All you know is that you are not happy and you think the union will be able to help you. You belive what you want and i belive what i want. I don;t believe anythng the union says because they are not required by law to tell the truth, so why would they. You are a prime example as to why the teamsters have a bad rap, you either are with them or you will be ridiculed, laughed at, and called a snitch or red shirt. Get a life and quit being a teamster B****.
Have you ever read or had read to you anything from the nrlb website? Maybe you should

The vote is yes or no. Not win or lose. RESPECT what the vote is. Balls-Up. Yes or no. That's what the vote shows.

Hats off for making a choice. No matter what it was.

I don't need anyone speaking for me. I fear my thoughts will not be accurately conveyed. I speak for for myself and Jimmy Jr. can't do that better than me.

Savvy!

When YOUR THOUGHTS turn to better benefits, insurance, perhaps, who might you speak to? Will they listen? More importantly, will they do ANYTHING, for you?

Tell them, you'd like something like this:

upsfinsurance.jpg

When YOUR THOUGHTS turn to better benefits, insurance, perhaps, who might you speak to? Will they listen? More importantly, will they do ANYTHING, for you?

Tell them, you'd like something like this:

upsfinsurance.jpg

I still have 677.87 left in my HRA and it's No-Freaking-Vember. One month to go and a family of four. What are you worried about ?

Give me.. Give me. Give me. Two $hits of what I've earned.

88 K and a a bid I like. Tell me why I desire better, PLEASE !?!

why bother this a teamster board, same 20 guys posting same old crap, with not a leg to stand on but yet they still go on on and on. bla bla bla

Have you ever read or had read to you anything from the nrlb website? Maybe you should

I have read it, and unlike your i am not a four year old where i need it read to me. The difference is i actually understand what it says, unlike guys like you that only belives what the teamsters tell you. I just love how everybody that doesn't agree with what the teamsters are selling, and if you are paying for it they are selling it, than they either don't know anything don't know what they are talking about. I am really glad that i am not a puppet, I have my own thoughts. And i am sure that you don't agree with any of them but that is OK. Because i will still go home tonight, Kiss my wife, my kids and start a new day tomorrow, not worrying about that fact that YOU don't agree with me.

I have read it, and unlike your i am not a four year old where i need it read to me. The difference is i actually understand what it says, unlike guys like you that only belives what the teamsters tell you. I just love how everybody that doesn't agree with what the teamsters are selling, and if you are paying for it they are selling it, than they either don't know anything don't know what they are talking about. I am really glad that i am not a puppet, I have my own thoughts. And i am sure that you don't agree with any of them but that is OK. Because i will still go home tonight, Kiss my wife, my kids and start a new day tomorrow, not worrying about that fact that YOU don't agree with me.

There are several different flavors of Kool Aid. We all have a preference.

A vote is a vote. There is no right or wrong. Just a majority rule.

If it's not your center, you've got not no say.......period.