Yellow | Random drug test???

DragBikeMike

TB Lurker
Credits
I was riding the bench up in Akron yesterday and sitting across from me was a "medic" ... you know - an EMT type...

I asked him what was up... did he teach a CPR class???

he said "no, I am here to give a random drug test to a driver"...

About an hour later Dispatch called him over to the window and told him the driver would be there in about 20 minutes...

so was this random? :toxic:
was the driver pulled off of a list -

I mean, if you want a random he could have done me right there right then...

Something just did not seem right with having a medic waiting to do a "random"...

anyone?

I don't know about random. But I am sure if I ever get another run they will test me before I leave. It happned last year after a long wait. It will happen again. In the 17 years I have worked in this buss. I have only been randomly tested once. I think it is like winning the lottery. When it is your time it is your time.

They do the same thing in Dallas. They pick a list of names off the computer and the lady from the clinic hangs out until she gets everyone off her list. She comes from the clinic where we do our physicals. I've smoked a bunch of weed, but I gave that all up so no worries.

A" Radom" means this all road drivers employee numbers a given to a third party drug lab and RANDOMLY someone's number is pulled. The terminal is fed-ex the paper work they then have so much time to get that individual tested.

A" Radom" means this all road drivers employee numbers a given to a third party drug lab and RANDOMLY someone's number is pulled. The terminal is fed-ex the paper work they then have so much time to get that individual tested.

Why fed-exed? Why not YRCed? Can't we handle our own packages? Last over night pacdage I saw was DHL. I hope we don't use FED.

Every time I have been to the hospital ,eg,Kidney stones,injury,at home or on the job,where there is a chance that they gave me some good pain killers I would be given a "RANDOM" drug test within 15 minutes of reporting back to work after illiness or injury. Ain't that funny? 27 years of this and they still keep trying . And they wonder why they can't make any money,If ,system wide they pull this s**t, look at the money they are wasting.Union Drivers are breaking this company? I don't think so!!!:smilie_132:

I know at LCP they call it a random drug test, but then again, we all know they are not ethical too... :shades:

Every time I have been to the hospital ,eg,Kidney stones,injury,at home or on the job,where there is a chance that they gave me some good pain killers I would be given a "RANDOM" drug test within 15 minutes of reporting back to work after illiness or injury. Ain't that funny? 27 years of this and they still keep trying . And they wonder why they can't make any money,If ,system wide they pull this s**t, look at the money they are wasting.Union Drivers are breaking this company? I don't think so!!!:smilie_132:

Same thing happened to one of my co-workers. Every time the guy took a little time off they would give him a "random".
3 randoms in 3 months. Luck of the draw? I don't think so. He took a huge piece out of the TM's butt for that and never got an answer to his questions. Do you think the company "profiles" us? I do.

hold this cup for me

Had a good friend who the TM was pissed at (pun intended)
He got tested so often, always negative, the person doing the collection used to joke about it...What you again!?.
Random? I think not, not for him anyway. :nutkick:

You guys are looking at it all wrong. :chairshot: At my place I swear the clean ones get the random so we don't lose the special people. Did I just say that? :hide:

Testing, testing, 1,2,3

You guys are looking at it all wrong. :chairshot: At my place I swear the clean ones get the random so we don't lose the special people. Did I just say that? :hide:
Yes, you just said that, Wolf.
Of course, that begs the question...have you ever got the random? :biglaugh:

Yes, you just said that, Wolf.
Of course, that begs the question...have you ever got the random? :biglaugh:
:hysterical:Good one x475 :biglaugh: Special I ain't but I'm taking the 5th anyhow. Anybody tell me how to get a foot outta my mouth now? :duh:

Random lists are generated monthly by corp office. The DOT oversee's that process. Company has to comply by testing XX percentage of drivers monthly. Driver has to be tested during that month. I know one guy that was tested 3 straight months, then not again for several years. Random means random.

And the list is emailed not fedexed.

You want to keep from worrying how far the layoff will go. Do a drug test of the entire facility managment and teamster. This would cut out about 25-35% easily and everyone else would be fine unless you are in this segment. Management would never agree to it becuase they know the percentages would hit them the same as they hit us. Quick solution to all this waiting and worry game.

Random lists are generated monthly by corp office. The DOT oversee's that process. Company has to comply by testing XX percentage of drivers monthly. Driver has to be tested during that month. I know one guy that was tested 3 straight months, then not again for several years. Random means random.

And the list is emailed not fedexed.
Hold that thought flipr. Those are lofty ideals and I'm sure thats the official way its implemented. But I'm on the front lines and I see how its done. My guess is from your post your not. Ever wondered how it is a 10 or 20 year man can get popped for drugs after all these years of the "random means random" you talk of. I know, it was his first time of experimenting right? Sometimes you just gotta be there. :smilie_132: Please don't think I'm trying to belittle you on what you said, we just see the world from different levels. Peace my friend. :red_bandana:

Random is Random

Hold that thought flipr. Those are lofty ideals and I'm sure thats the official way its implemented. But I'm on the front lines and I see how its done. My guess is from your post your not. Ever wondered how it is a 10 or 20 year man can get popped for drugs after all these years of the "random means random" you talk of. I know, it was his first time of experimenting right? Sometimes you just gotta be there. :smilie_132: Please don't think I'm trying to belittle you on what you said, we just see the world from different levels. Peace my friend. :red_bandana:

I'm guessing the 10-20 year employee gets popped because he is using, his choice, not managements.

The list is random, the day of test is not. If a partier shows up on the list, to be tested, when do you think he will get tested? After his 3 day weekend at Talladega, or the day after the kids school recital?

But if he is clean, it won't matter. I don't care what day I show up to be tested, I have nothing to worry about. And I certainly don't want anyone using driving on the highways with my family in the next car, either.

But thats just me.