ABF | Rat Fest in Chicago

Jaloc

TB Legend
Credits
A driver was once attacked outside a railyard in Chicago, so he carries to protect himself. Now his fellow Union brother rats him out to the company instead of contacting a steward. Get the Police and Company involved how could you do this to a fellow Union brother. You have no right going through fellow Teamsters lunchboxes and bags while you are switching trailers and trucks.

Last edited:
I know guys that carry in their truck. It never crossed my mind to rat them out, even though I'd gain a few seniority spots. You don't want your coworkers to hate you and I'd feel horrible costing somebody's family their income. Some real scumbags out here.
There's the good and the bad , for some reason the bad will always stick out in your mind helping you want to be one of the best. I know you will always strive to continue to be one of the best S69.

SS

A driver was once attacked outside a railyard in Chicago, so he carries to protect himself. Now his fellow Union brother rats him out to the company instead of contacting a steward. Get the Police and Company involved how could you do this to a fellow Union brother. You have no right going through fellow Teamsters lunchboxes and bags while you are switching trailers and trucks.
Never understand when people tell on other people, what is this grade school. Why not confront the person face to face and ask questions. Guess we just live in a different world now right.

What ever happened to the union kicking them out for ratting on a fellow union member. I sure do miss the days, when we walked them out to the corn field to have a friendly talk.
It's best when you catch them off prem and they are in a restroom , wash your hands and leave first. Always wash your hands after using the restroom like Mom taught you , with antibacterial soap.

The dood going thru his stuff should get questioned for stealing that's what my husband said total BS
He should be black balled out of the union. Absolutely. No question. This may actually be an opportunity to get his job back at grievance. Did the supervisor on duty actually see the firearm or just heard about it? There is no DOT law broken here, just Co policy. May be an Illinois state issue without a permit. I carried a lot when I worked road. I never had a hostler do that to me. My road boss (retired Oregon State Police sgt) told me to my face that he carried in the company car, and I probably should as well. I really respected that guy...

Last edited: