ABF | Rat Fest in Chicago

I remember several years ago a driver was shot & paralyzed at a rest area by a group of thugs. I think he was out of St. Louis & the attack was on 55 near West Memphis. The company offered a reward but I don't know if there was ever an arrest made. He was a good man with a family. He was shot for no reason. Even if he had only a small belly pistol that could have changed the outcome. Thugs are not brave if the intended victim is armed.
Yeah. I had a couple of my friends almost get it that way, including me at a rest area on I-80 outside Des Moines Iowa one evening back in the early 70s. If it hadn't been for my co-driver seeing what was about to happen and stepping out into the headlights of our tractor and jacking a round into the chamber of his 380 auto and changing their minds for them, I probably would not be here. It's amazing how loud the "cha-ching" of a handgun slide cycling can be on a still evening... And nothing else in the world sounds quite like it.

I carry a P365 but I am a sig girl
Great choice! You have good taste in firearms. A 9mm with good ammo is always right for carry. I liked the Kel Tecs because they were inexpensive, but worked, and wouldn't break my heart if a cop seized it from me some night with a warning. I had an Idaho carry permit, but Oregon and Washington didn't recognize an Idaho permit. All my Idaho permit told a cop was that I wasn't a felon in possession of a firearm or I would not still have it. I asked an Oregon State cop I knew once what he would do if he found a gun on a driver, and he said "Well, if you weren't acting squirrely and it cleared through NCIC as not stolen, I would hand it back to you and tell you to have a nice evening." Back then Sandy, the choices were pretty limited for discreet concealed carry. I bought the first P-32 that hit the gunshop here. I have a lot of really nice guns. They have been my hobby since I was 18 yrs old, but I still have those 2 Kel Tecs. I may ask to be buried with them. That P-32 has well over half a million miles without an oil change...

Last edited:
Yeah. I had a couple of my friends almost get it that way, including me at a rest area on I-80 outside Des Moines Iowa one evening back in the early 70s. If it hadn't been for my co-driver seeing what was about to happen and stepping out into the headlights of our tractor and jacking a round into the chamber of his 380 auto and changing their minds for them, I probably would not be here. It's amazing how loud the "cha-ching" of a handgun slide cycling can be on a still evening... And nothing else in the world sounds quite like it.
I think the most distinctive sound comes from the slide action of a pump shotgun. Pumping in a shotshell gets the attention of anybody in hearing distance. The chances of hitting a targtet are much greater with a scattergun.
The Kel-Tecs,(still American made), are a good choice & probably the most overlooked & underated firearms in this country.

I think the most distinctive sound comes from the slide action of a pump shotgun. Pumping in a shotshell gets the attention of anybody in hearing distance. The chances of hitting a targtet are much greater with a scattergun.
The Kel-Tecs,(still American made), are a good choice & probably the most overlooked & underated firearms in this country.
Agreed. It's just so hard to conceal carry one. Maybe under a trench coat, but I never liked that look. Clyde Barrow had it figured out. He sawed off the barrel and stock and carried it under his coat. He called it a "wippit" because he could whip it out in an instant. That was before the 1934 NFA that made short-barreled shotguns illegal, not that he would have cared regardless.

Great choice! You have good taste in firearms. A 9mm with good ammo is always right for carry. I liked the Kel Tecs because they were inexpensive, but worked, and wouldn't break my heart if a cop seized it from me some night with a warning. I had an Idaho carry permit, but Oregon and Washington didn't recognize an Idaho permit. All my Idaho permit told a cop was that I wasn't a felon in possession of a firearm or I would not still have it. I asked an Oregon State cop I knew once what he would do if he found a gun on a driver, and he said "Well, if you weren't acting squirrely and it cleared through NCIC as not stolen, I would hand it back to you and tell you to have a nice evening." Back then Sandy, the choices were pretty limited for discreet concealed carry. I bought the first P-32 that hit the gunshop here. I have a lot of really nice guns. They have been my hobby since I was 18 yrs old, but I still have those 2 Kel Tecs. I may ask to be buried with them. That P-32 has well over half a million miles without an oil change..
I used to carry husband's old P226 but it was not very concealed more of a purse deal, then it's big I'll admit it the slide is way easier on the 365. If I am in a jam fumbling around not great easy is better. Sad world we live in I carry all the time

I used to carry husband's old P226 but it was not very concealed more of a purse deal, then it's big I'll admit it the slide is way easier on the 365. If I am in a jam fumbling around not great easy is better. Sad world we live in I carry all the time
just shoot your P365 at the range to maintain proficiency as often as you can afford to. Shooting is a perishable skill. It needs to be practiced as regularly as possible so you don't lose muscle memory. Yes it is sad, and getting worse... The nice thing about 9mm is you can find some great deals on range ammo if you shop around. 22s will help with that and they are dirt cheap to shoot, but you still need to shoot a few magazines out of the 365 too before you finish shooting for the day. Your 365 doesn't have a light rail on it, so get a GOOD small flashlight with a tailcap push switch (Amazon has them cheap) and learn the Harries technique for shooting with a flashlight and practice that at an indoor range where the light is dim. The secret to that technique is keeping pressure between the backs of your hands as they are pressed together so they don't separate under recoil. There are other techniques as well. look them up and practice them. Half the time you may need that gun it will be dark. That is when the goblins like to work.

Last edited:

I used to carry a 590 shockwave marinecote in my jacket lol

I remember several years ago a driver was shot & paralyzed at a rest area by a group of thugs. I think he was out of St. Louis & the attack was on 55 near West Memphis. The company offered a reward but I don't know if there was ever an arrest made. He was a good man with a family. He was shot for no reason. Even if he had only a small belly pistol that could have changed the outcome. Thugs are not brave if the intended victim is armed.
Memphis is the Chicago of Tennessee. Crime ridden place

Memphis is the Chicago of Tennessee. Crime ridden place
I had relatives in Memphis many years ago. I liked Memphis back then. It was progressively taken over by thugs. Just before they moved my sister was attacked & robbed in the large office building where she worked. I would still like to administer retribution to that low life. The officer that worked the case said he knew the thug, a repeat offender. He had sent him to jail before but he seldom served much time. The officer asked my sister if she would press charges, she said she certainly would but the officer never had enough evidence to place him at the crime scene. Most police officers do the best they can but it takes hard evidence to get a conviction. She changed locks at her house & closed bank accounts & cancelled credit cards.

I had relatives in Memphis many years ago. I liked Memphis back then. It was progressively taken over by thugs. Just before they moved my sister was attacked & robbed in the large office building where she worked. I would still like to administer retribution to that low life. The officer that worked the case said he knew the thug, a repeat offender. He had sent him to jail before but he seldom served much time. The officer asked my sister if she would press charges, she said she certainly would but the officer never had enough evidence to place him at the crime scene. Most police officers do the best they can but it takes hard evidence to get a conviction. She changed locks at her house & closed bank accounts & cancelled credit cards.
Hopefully, that low life will get what is coming to him, if he has not already.
I certainly hope your sister has healed from this experience.

I'm curious Doc. If the cop knew this scumbag, why didn't he bring him in and have her identify him from a lineup if she could. Did she get a good look at his face?Or.... lets see.... how high is the Hernando DeSoto bridge above the Mississippi river outside of Memphis? 109 ft I believe at mid span? Hmmmmm, I wonder....? Nah, a cop would never do that...

America!!!!...We have a decades long violent crime problem in our major urban 'democrat controlled' cities that's only getting 'progressively' worse,especially under our current 'diversity','equity',and 'inclusion' woke democrat administration in the White House...

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/the-voice-of-thy-brothers-blood/

Hopefully,this violence doesn't spread to America's rural and suburban area's and their law abiding citizens...and if it does,well there's only one alternative...I'll let Jason Aldean break it down for you!!!!!

I'm curious Doc. If the cop knew this scumbag, why didn't he bring him in and have her identify him from a lineup if she could. Did she get a good look at his face?Or.... lets see.... how high is the Hernando DeSoto bridge above the Mississippi river outside of Memphis? 109 ft I believe at mid span? Hmmmmm, I wonder....? Nah, a cop would never do that...
The attack was in a large office building restroom, there were no windows. He came up behind her with the pistol, stole her purse/wallet. He told her to not look at him. He turned off the lights when he left. It was very dark & she stumbled into several objects before she found the door. My sister has always been a very generous person & tried to help whoever she could. She & her husband kept foster children, some mixed race. They gave them a chance at life they would not have had otherwise. It has been several years & I do not forget. The thug was a career criminal. The officer said he would have to catch the thug with some of my sister's property to make an arrest.

Living & working in Chicago is Death Wish , sorry but don't feel sorry for anybody that choices to live or work there . With what 30 plus shootings daily & high crime why would anybody stay there ??