Yellow | Really WHY can't we make money ?

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
Ok after seeing the 1st Qrt numbers, with the Regional O.R. of 98.3% and YRC O.R. 104.3% , and with 3 of the 4 companies making money and still can't show a profit ??? so WHAT is WRONG with YRC why they can't make money ?? or is it that they never want to show a profit to keep us voting yes ?? and so goes the numbers game !!! plus kinda thinking they should get another BONUS for the bad 1st Qrt numbers too !!! ********

Ok after seeing the 1st Qrt numbers, with the Regional O.R. of 98.3% and YRC O.R. 104.3% , and with 3 of the 4 companies making money and still can't show a profit ??? so WHAT is WRONG with YRC why they can't make money ?? or is it that they never want to show a profit to keep us voting yes ?? and so goes the numbers game !!! plus kinda thinking they should get another BONUS for the bad 1st Qrt numbers too !!! ********

Yellow is and always was a loser. A parasite company that has run out of companies to leach on to.

Every number in this company is adjusted to make its supervisor look good.
Therefore everything that is put out their is a lie .......................

Nor defending Elch...BUT YRCF does have higher costs due to the fact the are a nationwide carrier. ...KK

Every number in this company is adjusted to make its supervisor look good.
Therefore everything that is put out their is a lie .......................

You couldn't be more right... It's a numbers game and they are good at it.. Reminds me of when I was at Redstar.. Redstar was always "on the brink" but from what I was told from more than one saleman it was done to make the rest of the USF companies look better than they actually were..The rest was history..

Nor defending Elch...BUT YRCF does have higher costs due to the fact the are a nationwide carrier. ...KK
The only way they made money was packing the trailers with high volume,that volume is now at fed ex etc. due to the rate war caused by one B. Zzzzzs complete debacle of a merger.

We are experiencing way too many wrecks.More than I can remember from the past.some of these recent wrecks have caused loss of life mamed people and tore up equipment and freight and lost time off work or terminated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

YRCW had 48.4MM additional revenue, yet spent 61.7MM more in wages and purchased transportation...

Cash is down, A/R is up considerably----that's not a good trend either.

Ok , costs maybe higher , but WHY with the -15% givebacks & lower pension payouts & etc cost savings , can't they make money ??? other nationwide ones do it & make money ??? or I still think it is that " we can't show a profit or the sheep will want full pay scale back" ??? with all of the SUPER SMART PEOPLE we have running this company they should be able to learn how to make money ???

Because the people running the place don't know how to run any business including a freight line !
Look around its a joke that's not funny at all!
They can't establish one standard operating procedure and implement it!

Nope.if the powers to be want this company to prosper it would.Plus some questionable accounting procedures within the regulations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Again....if you do 85% of the work for 85% of the pay, there is no improvement. If you do 100% of the work for 85% of the pay and discount the heck out of the freight you aren't improving your labor cost:revenue ratio.

Pretty simple in theory. Trying to find a balance between profitable freight filling the trucks and happy&productive employees that aren't costing you too much is the hard part.

Ok , costs maybe higher , but WHY with the -15% givebacks & lower pension payouts & etc cost savings , can't they make money ??? other nationwide ones do it & make money ??? or I still think it is that " we can't show a profit or the sheep will want full pay scale back" ??? with all of the SUPER SMART PEOPLE we have running this company they should be able to learn how to make money ???

Don't worry about it ! They are setting the table for the spring of 2016 when they come back for more!

I'm going to have to back KK. The regionals rarely "cube out" trailers, therefore claims are considerably lower. YRCF is 24/7/365, the regionals are not. YRCF is hub and spoke, the regionals are not. And whether you understand or not, the enormous debt is serviced proportionally. And as EX396 stated the 85% of the job Teamstets are doing damage to the bottom line as well.

I'm going to have to back KK. The regionals rarely "cube out" trailers, therefore claims are considerably lower. YRCF is 24/7/365, the regionals are not. YRCF is hub and spoke, the regionals are not. And whether you understand or not, the enormous debt is serviced proportionally. And as EX396 stated the 85% of the job Teamstets are doing damage to the bottom line as well.

If the debt is serviced proportionately then the debt question shouldn't even be a factor. The regionals DO cube out trailers. And you still cant explain why yrc"f" doesn't make money while other national carriers with the same costs are profiting

Yrc will not show an operating ratio below 100 even if they do make money. They will never want to give back an any of the concessions they got. They never want to pay anymore into the pension plan than they have to. If they do have a good year any profit will be spent on equipment (which they do need) or management bonuses (that they don`t need) or new terminals or programs or hire more supervisors, what ever it takes to eat up any profit so it doesn`t show at the end of the year. This is a numbers game and Welch and company are very good at it. And if by chance they lose more than expected, you can count on another round of concession requests.