Central Transport | Reapply will start before thanksgiving

vijax

TB Lurker
Credits
heard from a central tm. that central will offer some vitran drivers jobs at central. they will have to reapply and start as a new employee. also must run linehaul first 3 months before you can transfer to city p&d if there are any openings. he also said if any vitran drivers have unused vacation or personal days they will not be paid for them after thanksgiving. better use them up soon. I am.

heard from a central tm. that central will offer some vitran drivers jobs at central. they will have to reapply and start as a new employee. also must run linehaul first 3 months before you can transfer to city p&d if there are any openings. he also said if any vitran drivers have unused vacation or personal days they will not be paid for them after thanksgiving. better use them up soon. I am.

Not running LH, Unemployment is looking real good.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's wonderful news because that will change my job description and I will qualify for unemployment. I can't run linehaul....It's along the same lines as offering me a job at an hourly rate way below what I'm making.....I will win this on appeal easily if they want to go there. It sure looks like they are trying to weasel out of paying us for the 5 holidays coming up....2 Thanksgiving..2 Christmas..1 New Years....That's if what Vijax said is true. But it probably is just speculation not based on fact....Just more negative spin that is so much a part of this forum these days

That's not all we will lose.... Everyone starts over, New hire rates and no vacation or pto's until you re-earn them. From the beginning and that's straight from the CT TM here.

That's wonderful news because that will change my job description and I will qualify for unemployment. I can't run linehaul....It's along the same lines as offering me a job at an hourly rate way below what I'm making.....I will win this on appeal easily if they want to go there. It sure looks like they are trying to weasel out of paying us for the 5 holidays coming up....2 Thanksgiving..2 Christmas..1 New Years....That's if what Vijax said is true. But it probably is just speculation not based on fact....Just more negative spin that is so much a part of this forum these days

My managers pulled me aside and asked me today if I would just do what i'm told, too stay and trust them.
I told him to kiss my uh huh. I am on too what they are doing. And I for one will not take the crap and lies no more.
And I'm not sure negative, I'm just posting things I see and hear. That's my reason for even being here anyways.

True or not, atleast it makes sense unlike all the empty promises made by the x-ABF/X-VITRAN/FED-X BSers for the last 8 years

the t.m. im talking about is a former pjax/vitran t.m.

Well. Train like you said it would change our job description and would qualify us for unemployment. I'm all for it.

That's not all we will lose.... Everyone starts over, New hire rates and no vacation or pto's until you re-earn them. From the beginning and that's straight from the CT TM here.

Use it or lose it fellers..Don't let um b.s. ther way outta it tellin u how much they need u DUDE ...Lol.. more than that seriously get all ur families doc appts in before the new year

Thought they might wait to pull this scam until after the busy holiday season. Hopefully just another rumor.

More guys they get to quit now, the less U.I they gotta pay out later. I believe things will b gettin alot more transparent few weeks before they ready to drop the hatchet, as there customer base is depleted

So if you now make $19/hr and will make $16/hr as a CT employee can you file for partial unemployment on the lost wages?

So if you now make $19/hr and will make $16/hr as a CT employee can you file for partial unemployment on the lost wages?

I believe so , as long as you do not exceed the state maximum

Just heard Cleveland drivers were told that they were going to have to reapply by the first of the year and the ones they keep will start out on bottom

As I mentioned in one of my previous post: I'm not employed by a trucking firm nor do I drive trucks. I once worked for a grocery chain, union contracted, and was told late Christmas Eve Day that the stores had been sold, get your things and go! I'm hoping this message will help others see and prepare for ANYTHING. We certainly were NOT prepared because we had taken a voluntary wage cut "to save our jobs."
I hope the best for everyone in their track through the maze presented before them. I just want to relay what was explained to us at the time we were all let go.
They explained that

IF: (and if "IF was a skiff we would float:)
It was a BIG "If" that saved the comapany a lot of money, us not so much!

If......We had worked ONE MORE WEEK (Dec 26 -31) we would all be eligible for our accumulated VACATION weeks' pay for the upcoming year as well as the pitence severance pay we received which was equivilant to about 2 weeks base pay.To top it off we ALL had to sign off to that before any checks were disbursed. That took a while, months. We immediately qualified for our unempolyment insurance. This was several years ago in the state of Tennessee. I hope conditions have improved for all workers over the years. I can't give our union (The United Food and Commercial Workers Union---UFCW) a whole lot of credit for helping us through this. The UFCU are the folks currently pushing for $15 an hour for hamburger flippers. Need I say more?

Sry dude I've never heard of such a thing. Think of it as you started a new job. Unemployment doesn't work that way. Not here anyways

My question is if your are forced to reapply from your job and are not re-hired, can you still put in for unemployment?