Central Transport | Reapply will start before thanksgiving

thanks for the info vijax don't plan on going crawling to Central but need to get my vacation used before I loose it. best wishes to all who stay.

So if you now make $19/hr and will make $16/hr as a CT employee can you file for partial unemployment on the lost wages?

Probably Not. It depends on your earnings and there is a formula to figure that out. They would probably give you enough hours do that you can not collect for underenjoyment.

You can't be forced to take a linehaul job. You would easily win an appeal......Have to check on the pay issue....Each state is different.

so, can you pass on filling out the app and be able to collct unemployment? technically your vitran job ended and they want you to fill out a c.t. app.

so, can you pass on filling out the app and be able to collct unemployment? technically your vitran job ended and they want you to fill out a c.t. app.
If you go in there with a bad attitude in the interview process they will probably by-pass you for a azz kisser......Thus qualifying you for unemployment. I was thinking of saying I can't work past 40 hours because my hemorrhoids start acting up. Any other suggestions?

I once worked for a grocery chain, union contracted, and was told late Christmas Eve

I was just reading that Safeway is selling or closing 77 Dominick's stores in the Chicago. Sorry you had to go through that. Did everything work out ok for you after the Grocery job?

Yea. Nd if u refuse nd try nd collect UI ...You will be considered refusing work in the eyes of D.K. as well as U.I.office..so b smart

If you go in there with a bad attitude in the interview process they will probably by-pass you for a azz kisser......Thus qualifying you for unemployment. I was thinking of saying I can't work past 40 hours because my hemorrhoids start acting up. Any other suggestions?

my stops per hour has dropped off dramatically, hopefully they look at that. if not, they will learn first hand. lol.:dance:

Thanks for asking Larmar. Yes, things have gone well for me but not in the employment vain. I'm female. I took a low paying job when my unemployment was running low. Ah, but I met a sweet guy who worked for the Post Office. I married him. Even though he has past, he left me with a financial security for the rest of my life. So looking back....had I remained at that grocery job chances are I would never have met that great and wonderful guy and it would be anyone's guess how I would be today. All said and done I know deep down I have been blessed and watched out for from above, both before I met him and after he died. How does the song go...There are cracks in the floor of heaven...
I never worked once we married. He wanted me to stay home and assured me we would do just fine. So I can only tell you this....when things look so bleak it may be the beginning of the best part of your new life! Never weep for the past, for it will not return. Look ahead for the adventure of that new life you woke up to this morning! I wish the best of LIFE to you!