Estes | Rebid

HOBO

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone heard when we are going to rebid? I'm already hearing a lot of drivers talking about their runs getting canceled or changed... I'm sure the new hub that's opening in Lexington has a lot to do with it....

Has anyone heard when we are going to rebid? I'm already hearing a lot of drivers talking about their runs getting canceled or changed... I'm sure the new hub that's opening in Lexington has a lot to do with it....
Lexington? Why? Is there "U" talk in NAS and COL?

For what its worth, my meet guy tells me today that he heard from his co-worker that his meet guy said there TM said rebids are getting pushed back to jan, apparently Estes is in big talks w/ a big account that would add more freight and more runs

For what its worth, my meet guy tells me today that he heard from his co-worker that his meet guy said there TM said rebids are getting pushed back to jan, apparently Estes is in big talks w/ a big account that would add more freight and more runs

assuming this big account is true would be typical estes- they can t handle the business they have, don t handle it well- want to shrink their business and don t know how,.drivers leaving, can t hire drivers and now they want to bring on a big account -that should fix everything

Rebid at my barn is on the 21st
Any run you take, I assume you'll have a new truck? LMAO.. The top dog down here got one,one.. Broke down the first night from what I gather.. Two new trucks down here in 14 years, man, they are cookin'... I noticed yesterday at the International dealership, there were two over there.. TM must be pulling his hair out...

assuming this big account is true would be typical estes- they can t handle the business they have, don t handle it well- want to shrink their business and don t know how,.drivers leaving, can t hire drivers and now they want to bring on a big account -that should fix everything
We were told that a new account in our area could mean 12/15 trailers a day once they are up and running in the spring. One of our drivers took a load into them the other day and said they took a photo albums worth of pictures documenting all the damage.

We were told that a new account in our area could mean 12/15 trailers a day once they are up and running in the spring. One of our drivers took a load into them the other day and said they took a photo albums worth of pictures documenting all the damage.
Estes won't keep it long then...

There they go opening a new Hub? That will affect Linehaul guys, I am so glad Im gone, every year always wondered what we would lose, gain, the classifications gotta go, go with time with company, thats where I am now, at the bottom of a company and love it, cause only one way and that is up. No more letting go of guys that been there 10 years and keeping ones that only been there 6 months cause they are in the right Class at the time.

Atlanta bids are over. I'm staying on my same gravy run only I'll be making $.0235 more cents on the mile. :19:

$.0235? Is that the 'official' word on raise? I've been on vacation and haven't heard from TM about amount yet...
Heck I'll gladly take it!

$.0235? Is that the 'official' word on raise? I've been on vacation and haven't heard from TM about amount yet...
Heck I'll gladly take it!
Yep, that's for a schedule solo driver. Extra boarders get $.0285 we also get $30 untaxed added for cell phones. Extraboarders no longer sleep in bunk rooms. Added another 2 percent on the 401k

Breaks off to an even $.60 cents for extraboard and $.59 cents schedules. Teams got something like 4 5 or 6 cents. Hub drivers got 3 cents and city guys got $.85 cents I think.

I took another 600+ mile run. Figured I'd do it one more year.

Did you guys see that the restart provision went back to the old rule now? We can work 6 days again and still get a restart.

I took another 600+ mile run. Figured I'd do it one more year.

Did you guys see that the restart provision went back to the old rule now? We can work 6 days again and still get a restart.
Congrats on the long run. I heard something about they were trying to get it passed. That's good info to know.

Thanks

They passed out the memo at my barn on the 17th. It went into effect on the 16th. It was part of the big government budget for fiscal year 2015. Someone slipped some language in there that cut funding related to the enforcement of the "2 periods of 1am-5am" rule. So the DOT just went back to the old way. Until October anyway.

Our peoplenet is supposed to get the new rules around the first of the year. My TM told us in the meantime if we get any violations that no longer should apply, to let him know and he'd remove them.