FedEx Freight | Reckless driving ticket

We had a dock worker go through the ddc program. In less then a year he got 2 tickets for going 15 over on his way to work. He was disqualified for 3 years. So for 3 years he was a part time dock worker again and then went through the ddc program again. He transferred to another center and since has been fired.
That's cool he could keep the dock gig, really. We did have a guy roll a rear pup on the yard, he stayed (on dock), after being disqualified (by FedEx) to drive. He's back in the truck now. I'd not heard of that treatment for FMCSR disqualification. I'm glad to hear it. :1036316054:

Funny though, I have seen guys let go for the 2nd serious offence. Perhaps they had no interest in dock? :idunno:

That's cool he could keep the dock gig, really. We did have a guy roll a rear pup on the yard, he stayed (on dock), after being disqualified (by FedEx) to drive. He's back in the truck now. I'd not heard of that treatment for FMCSR disqualification. I'm glad to hear it. :1036316054:

Funny though, I have seen guys let go for the 2nd serious offence. Perhaps they had no interest in dock? :idunno:

Usually they disqualify them to drive and offer them a part time dock position so they don't have to pay unemployment. Most don't take it because you can't usually pay your bills on 25 hours a week. You have to do something really bad to be all out fired!

I had a 'hot rod' most of my life... Got rid of my built Plymouth a few years ago because I knew it was a big threat to my job... :(

We had a dock worker go through the ddc program. In less then a year he got 2 tickets for going 15 over on his way to work. He was disqualified for 3 years. So for 3 years he was a part time dock worker again and then went through the ddc program again. He transferred to another center and since has been fired.

I remember him. He was a decent dock worker. I remember when he got disqualified and they put him on the HUB he was telling us about it and all I could do was shake my head because he didn't really seem to care that much.

Hey just got a reckless driving ticket is it the same as speeding 15 over thanks for the info
I got a ticket and safty called 2 yrs and9 months later to discuss it. I told him he was on top of his game. But I really wanted to talk to him about the speeding ticket he recived in a rental car.

Why can't you guys just slow down and do posted speed limit? Every night I get my doors blowed off by Fedex, do they push you guys that hard that you have to speed?

Here are some doors I blowed off of some trucks. I can sell them back to you...

YirFyvj.jpg

Why can't you guys just slow down and do posted speed limit? Every night I get my doors blowed off by Fedex, do they push you guys that hard that you have to speed?

Seems that most infractions, of the serious nature, are earned in guy's personal vehicles. While I can't condone such behavior, I can certainly understand... in certain circumstances... Stuff happens.

:smilie93c peelout::woohoo1::smilie93c peelout:

what a moron!

You're only as good as the last delivery or pick you made with fedex. They will use you up and replace you immediately first chance they get. I've seen lots of decent guys lose their jobs over the last decade for petty nonsense.

Usually they disqualify them to drive and offer them a part time dock position so they don't have to pay unemployment. Most don't take it because you can't usually pay your bills on 25 hours a week. You have to do something really bad to be all out fired!
That's exactly right,offer a dock position. in lein of unemployment....i got fired for 3 minor accidents in a year... (truck damage)cracked bumper,cracked faring bracket,overhead wire ..was there 17 + years..was left go...@ 60 years old..cold move..never got a ticket,written up..nothing..there should be an outside appeal system(labor board) not within..where the good ol'boys reside in Harrison..i really wonder if one actually exists..

Last edited:
You're only as good as the last delivery or pick you made with fedex. They will use you up and replace you immediately first chance they get. I've seen lots of decent guys lose their jobs over the last decade for petty nonsense

Totally agree with you on that one;their not your buds that's for sure,worked there 17.9 years fired over misc.BS...

all rules hear are inconsistent i would hire lawyer and get different examples on hear to give to lawyer
Thanks for your reply...totally agree with you...some get a non- preventables,some don't?? for basically for the same accident..or injury..knew a driver that drove a forklift off the dock,along with a lot of other accidents that is still there....driving..good for him,but should be the same for everyone..what's up with that?.the lawyers I've spoken with say,illinois an at will work state,meaning we can be fired for anything at any time,unless we have a contract stating otherwise...were screwed..no job protection..@ fedex..any lawyers out here reading this??
all rules hear are inconsistent i would hire lawyer and get different examples on hear to give to lawyer