Holland | redstar northeast

Finally dont expect the union to protect anybodys job, these are the same people who threw away 1500 jobs for the promise of 500.
The IBT called the Red Star strike & negotiated the rehire agreement...Any futher expansion by Holland will have to be negotiated with each area's local Teamster's union, not the IBT.

I would like to know what makes every body think that Holland is going to expand any way? New Penn is already there and doing great!! Why would they even start to duplicate the northeast anymore? Just because of the agreement is over in Jan 07!!

flstc2000 you are saying that the paycheck I get every Friday that says USF Holland on it doesn't exist. I wonder who's been depositing all that money into my checking account? Maybe you are the one that needs to get your facts straight. Yellow bought USF along with Roadway and New Penn. They created YRC to run the regional carriers of USF and New Penn which include Holland, Bestway and Reddaway and New Penn. Check out the web sight USF Corporation if you don't believe me.

flstc2000 you are saying that the paycheck I get every Friday that says USF Holland on it doesn't exist. I wonder who's been depositing all that money into my checking account? Maybe you are the one that needs to get your facts straight. Yellow bought USF along with Roadway and New Penn. They created YRC to run the regional carriers of USF and New Penn which include Holland, Bestway and Reddaway and New Penn. Check out the web sight USF Corporation if you don't believe me.

Yes, I checked the web site. USF Corporation ceased to exsist when Yellow purchased the group. The original company was US Freightway Corp., now it's only letters in front of the Holland, Bestway names. Once again, the USF group operates under the YRC regional group, which does include New Penn, however New Penn DOES NOT operate under the USF banner. It is listed as a stand alone company under the YRC group.
You guys are funny ... even the corporate executives know you don't mess with brand identification and recognition, New Penn's customer base is large and dedicated due to that fact.
Customers in the northeast don't know Holland, and only remember RedStar for what happened.
Do you really think YRC would combine, or even brand a leader in the northeast ( New Penn ) with a name that people don't know ?
But then again, why would anyone of us be discussing this .... I thought we were all part of the " International Brotherhood of Teamsters " and should be working and watching out for each other, instead we are trash talking the other companies and telling others we won't be in business soon ... !!! ????

By the way .... check out our web site.
New Penn Home Page.
I don't see USF or YRC anyplace on our web site.
I don't see New Penn anyplace on the USF web site either.
We all are our own separate operating companies, owned by a large corporation. That's the bottom line. Let's work towards keeping all of us working and being competitive in this marketplace full of cut throat carriers.

usf is still in business they run holland bestway glen more and new penn newpenn isnt a fly on hollands butt

See posts number 25 and 26.
USF does NOT run New Penn, USF doesn't even run itself. YRC does !
As for that fly on the butt, New Penn does seem to make a few dollars for the YRC group, so I think we will be around for a while.

Yes, I checked the web site. USF Corporation ceased to exsist when Yellow purchased the group. The original company was US Freightway Corp., now it's only letters in front of the Holland, Bestway names. Once again, the USF group operates under the YRC regional group, which does include New Penn, however New Penn DOES NOT operate under the USF banner. It is listed as a stand alone company under the YRC group.
You guys are funny ... even the corporate executives know you don't mess with brand identification and recognition, New Penn's customer base is large and dedicated due to that fact.
Customers in the northeast don't know Holland, and only remember RedStar for what happened.
Do you really think YRC would combine, or even brand a leader in the northeast ( New Penn ) with a name that people don't know ?
But then again, why would anyone of us be discussing this .... I thought we were all part of the " International Brotherhood of Teamsters " and should be working and watching out for each other, instead we are trash talking the other companies and telling others we won't be in business soon ... !!! ????

Hey I don’t think anyone said that anyone was going out of business. Someone stated that Holland was going to expand into the upper northeast after the first of the year. I take as all speculatory comments, maybe wishful thinking. But like I said in post# 8; I think the system that is in place isn’t broke, so why try to fix it?? It would cost more to change over to Holland’s work rules in the upper northeast than to just make New Penn bigger.

And as far as this comment; USF does NOT run New Penn, USF doesn't even run itself. YRC does! I will have to agree with you 100%, YRC controls all of them. I am not trying to cause ill feelings here just my opinions.

Some of you guys have entirely too much time on your hands to sit around and wonder who you're working for. Until you are ask to sit in on a board meeting would you please stop second guessing what is going on at Holland, Yellow, Roadway, New Penn or any of the other companies under the YRC umbrella. In simpler words you don't know and nobody you know knows and futhermore you will probably be the last to know. I know for a fact that some of you like to think that you know-it-alls but in fact you're a know-it-nothing just drive the truck what ever color it is and be happy about it, I will admit that this is just my opion I could be wrong....NOT

Red Star northeast

arter agreement with teamsters ends jan 07 will holland open up northeast they can hire who they want at 75% and usf is in charge of new penn i think the sh is really going to fly after first of the year

This thread started out as a simple question. It seemed harmless enough... I know ex Red Star Teamsters that are still waiting & hoping for Holland to expand so that they might have a chance to get back into their former locals & finish earning their pensions.

But some of us know- it-alls who are really know-it- nothings must have stepped on some toes. I guess we should have ignored this thread & not speculated on anything that involves Holland.

That should make this site a lot more interesting...Not

holland albany tclose 01/01/07 ? Thats what I hear ? npme gearing up !!!!

IF they were to close, where is the change of operation? Sounds like some people write stuff that does not even make sense!! Going to close in less then a month and no change posted, YEA RIGHT:hysterical: !

Wow !!!

All i know is that new penn sucks.

I don't know where you are coming from on this one. I guess on any given day any job sucks for one reason or another.

But as far as LTL trucking goes NPMF has been one of the best carriers on the east coast. They have a reputation for providing fast safe & reliable service. And they pay their drivers top union wages & benefits.

I know a lot of non union drivers who would like to get a job at NPMF.

My post wasn't so much directed at new penn , but the attitude or joy that some guys get buy seeing another guy loose his job.I've worked casual for new penn and know that it's a good company. Holland is no threat to new penn,two separte companys serviceing differnt areas of the country.If anything you would like to see holland expand in the northeast creating more union jobs.I've had the good fortune of retiring in november after 30 yrs. in freight, starting with stjohnsbury, red star, and ending with holland and to be able to collect a great union pension, that is what we work for and why it is important that every one has the chance to do the same.Happy holidays to all my union brothers and sisters out there.

My post wasn't so much directed at new penn , but the attitude or joy that some guys get buy seeing another guy loose his job.I've worked casual for new penn and know that it's a good company. Holland is no threat to new penn,two separte companys serviceing differnt areas of the country.If anything you would like to see holland expand in the northeast creating more union jobs.I've had the good fortune of retiring in november after 30 yrs. in freight, starting with stjohnsbury, red star, and ending with holland and to be able to collect a great union pension, that is what we work for and why it is important that every one has the chance to do the same.Happy holidays to all my union brothers and sisters out there.

Ok, BROTHER :tongue0015:

I know that New Penn in Rhode Island is moving into the larger Redstar terminal which will cover more of an area up here. I would expect a change of operations soon in the NE.