Yellow | reimer sleeper cabs

dave7v

TB Lurker
Credits
the last couple of months I have noticed A riemer sleeper cab pulling a roadway set of pups on I-80 threw SLC.is this purchase trans or is it a new bid for riemer?I always catch up to this same truck at the ECHO rest area when I come home from denver early monday mornings at around 1:00 AM.I have seen this same truck 4 times in the last 2 months.

I have no idea about this particular truck, but Reimer is Roadway Canada, so it should be no surprise to see them pull Roadway boxes.

Reimer pulls our trailers all the time. let your steward know about it as they run over our routes it seems to me. should be someway to stop them hauling freight inside the usa.

I may not be 100% correct on this issue, I have heard if there freight is orginating out of Canada (point A) then they can only goes as far as the freight allows (point B), then they must return back to Canada (point A).

This would be interesting is if lets say Reimer is dispatched into Chicago from somewhere in Canada. Then Chicago dispatches them to Salt Lake City, I think this violates the NAFTA agreement.

Like i said before I dont know if i am 100% correct on this, but there is a stipulation from what i have heard before, and by talking with other Reimer Drivers out of Chicago, which have told me in the past that they can only deliver and take back freight, but they cant go searching for freight in the US.

I may not be 100% correct on this issue, I have heard if there freight is originating out of Canada (point A) then they can only goes as far as the freight allows (point B), then they must return back to Canada (point A).

This would be interesting is if lets say Reimer is dispatched into Chicago from somewhere in Canada. Then Chicago dispatches them to Salt Lake City, I think this violates the NAFTA agreement.

Like i said before I don't know if i am 100% correct on this, but there is a stipulation from what i have heard before, and by talking with other Reimer Drivers out of Chicago, which have told me in the past that they can only deliver and take back freight, but they cant go searching for freight in the US.

It's not NAFTA this is a federal law called Cabotage I read about it in land line I think it has been fed law before NAFTA was signed but you described it correct

It's not NAFTA this is a federal law called Cabotage I read about it in land line I think it has been fed law before NAFTA was signed but you described it correct

Thanks for pointing that out to me, I wasnt sure on the NAFTA but i listed it anyway....but i did leave my disclaimer! :bowdown::red_bandana::Rulz:

KC, When I was laid off a few years ago, I was hauling glass into Canada. I could haul into, and haul straight out of Canada to the US, but ABSOLUTELY could not haul WITHIN Canada.

The law works both ways.

It has been awhile, but it use to be the same. Canadians can haul anywhere but there next load must be back to Canada. I do not know if this has changed.

unfortunatly Roadway has on several occasions i personally witnessed dispatched a reimer truck from Minneapolis to Dallas, after the reimer driver dropped his box in Minneapolis. sad part is no one seemed to give a ::shit:: then and with no one interested in it i dropped the subject.

do believe it was a problem no one was quite sure how to handle rather then not caring about it.

Thanks for pointing that out to me, I wasnt sure on the NAFTA but i listed it anyway....but i did leave my disclaimer! :bowdown::red_bandana::Rulz:

It is also apart of NAFTA, but the exclusion is they CAN reposition empties in the states from one US point to another US point, only empty trailers though

They run into 342 3 to 4 days a week. They drop KC freight, and freight for our satellites. From here, they go on to Ok. City and then to Dallas. What they do for freight in Dallas I do not know.

I know Reimer runs into 671 from Canada and they get those guys out back to Canada. DS can you elaborate on this for us
Oh yea. I have seen 3 Reimer teams on our yard at one time. The terminals in our area send their Canadian freight to 671 for us to load to 222. We get some really nice low, heavy freight from 222, also.

I have heard of them pulling some 231 freight, then going on into Canada. I'm not sure about anywhere else. I'll write down some trailer numbers and do a little research and let you know. DS.

just saw another reimer on I-80 last night headed for SLC.this time he had a riemer 53ft trailer instead of roadway pups.

Reimer coming into Dallas regularly it seems. I saw one today coming from the east on I-30 pulling a Reimer long box.

Hello everyone.....new to the site but perhaps I can shed a little light on the Reimer situation. Being from 120 we have been dealing with Reimer for a long time. In the begining we were interlining at the border and once big R bought into the company they soon discovered that the Roadway name just didnt cut it in Canada. Being that Reimer was the premier hauler in Canada they found it was better to keep the name. They do however work for Canadian standards so the wage is a little different than ours.Most of the freight generated in Montreal and Quebec is brought down I-87 through customs and meets and swaps in Wilton N.Y.(just above Albany). Most of the freight coming from Ontario is coming down between the lakes with Canadian sleepers and they are on bids.Almost always 2 or three in Toledo and Winston when I go there. It really doesnt matter what they are pulling.....whether it is a Reimer box or a roadway set cause it is all under Roadways roof so to say.Do know that they like to get the Reimer boxes back to Canada cause the name is recognised up there and generates more freight

the last couple of months I have noticed A riemer sleeper cab pulling a roadway set of pups on I-80 threw SLC.is this purchase trans or is it a new bid for riemer?I always catch up to this same truck at the ECHO rest area when I come home from denver early Monday mornings at around 1:00 AM.I have seen this same truck 4 times in the last 2 months.

Its 7-16-08 I was taking my drug test for yellow this afternoon. And when I was leaving I saw 4 to 5 Roadway tractors pulling Riemer 48,53 foot trailers. Going north on 35. Like they just came from Laredo TX. Anybody know whats going on. And this was about 4:30pm central time.