Yellow | reimer sleeper cabs

One of our yard men at 671 gave me a 5 digit RDWY van being pulled by a Reimer team. I had it checked and it was all 222 freight. I'll keep checking. DS.

Reimer teams

I run out of 222 in one of the company trucks into 231 and 251. I'll give you guys the highlights on team trucks running into and out of the U.S.. Broker trucks are 150 series and lease operator trucks are 157 series, either way they have payed alot of money for the glory of running for Reimer/Roadway. When Roadway purchased Reimer in 1997 they were looking at expanding heavily in Canada. They picked up Reimer fairly cheaply as they were leasing all of their equipment and all of the terminals were owned by the parent company Reimer World Corp.. Roadway got the customer list, employees and the company name. Roadway has purchased a couple of the terminals or built new terminals, but the majority are still leased from Reimer. A major part of the agreement of purchase was that Reimer could still run to the same areas that they ran before the buyout. Reimer interlined with several regional carriers in the U.S.. They ran into Buffalo NY, Greensboro NC, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, Ft Wayne IN and a couple of other areas in the upper northwest. Before the purchase all the freight going from the U.S. to eastern Canada went through either Toledo OH or Buffalo NY. After the purchase it was divided Between Buffalo for the upper northeast, Winston Salem for the mid and lower east, Toledo for Michigan down to Mexico and Chicago for the majority of west. The Washington area was expedited through our domestic system to British Columbia and then south. Over the years Roadway has capitalized on the speed of team service by direct loading to major breakbulks all over the U.S.. Out of the Toronto terminal(222) they run directly to Dallas daily, Houston two or three times a week, they are now running four teams into Winston Salem and are adding another two teams to the schedule for a total of 6 TRUCKS because of the volumes coming through 671. Los Angeles was one truck a day, but volumes have dropped sharply and they are now just running a tuesday and saturday schedule with overflow moving through Chicago. They run multiple trucks loaded and empty into Chicago as that is the major consolidation/direct load point for Eastern and Western Canada. Out of Winnipeg they are now running teams direct to Harrisburg PA, Winston Salem, Minniapolis, Kansas City and I believe Denver. They also run Dallas and Denver out of Alberta. This doesn't even take into consideration the many, many trucks that are doing direct deliveries to customers everyday all over the U.S. that you guys don't see or hear about. I could go on and on, but thats it for this post. If you want to know more don't be afraid to ask, if I don't have the answers I will get them.

Great post, Double!! A little history with some new news, thanks. I'm out of Winston and see the Reimer guys every day, it seems.

The freight we get from you guys is what we call "low heavy" freight. Which I have been told pays well. Also the O/R for Reimer has been very good every since the purchase.

Thanks again, DS.