ABF | Relo-Cubes

Well,.......as I tried to explain to some of our........."junior" ......employees........ Work is work. Yeah,......Relo-Cubes could be a pain........so can private homes and Turnkeys,.........but it's a day's work,......as opposed to sitting home on call.

I've repeatedly and profusely apologized for their not getting super-seniority when they got hired so they could work 9 to 5:30 (...heavy sarcasm....), but I'm afraid that some of our "junior" employees have a marked distaste for,......let's see if I got the full list:........Relo-Cubes, liftgates, private home deliveries, turnkey deliveries, food warehouses, long peddle runs, short volume runs, and any run involving hooking a set..........Oh,...and any sort of dock work.

So, .......we've been informed that if us "older" guys don't take the humper loads and liftgates,........they will quit and go to a "better" carrier,...........one who will appreciate their ........talents......more........

One more year Dear Lord.......

I have seen this in the shop over the years. Men not wanting to do certain jobs & allowing work to go to vendors. Then the first layoff they cry about vendors doing their jobs. Never refuse to do work unless it is unsafe. If there is a doubt about the contract that can be grieved later. I know of a company years back that bought another company & inherited the equipment with it. Mechanics refused to work on the equipment from the newly acquired company & lost their jobs. The local couldn't get their jobs back. The acquired company was nonunion & the acquisition actually added new members to the local. Beats me why a Teamster would not want to add new jobs or at least maintain what already exists.