Yellow | Republic (RJET) Closer to Bankruptcy as Teamsters Ground Proposed Pilot deal

How in hell can I provide documentation? The only information I have is from the same biased article that you read. But do you have any information on whether any of the pilots are as upset about this as you appear to be?

Where do you get the idea that I'm upset, just because I disagree with your statements? Get a grip. Where in the article does it say that a "better" proposal was rejected? Are you just imagining things that aren't there? You're the one that said a "worse" contract was being proposed. The article clearly states that the latest proposal contains a "promise of higher wages and contained healthcare costs". It also appears to modify previous conditions in some way that aren't totally clear. How does any of that make it a "worse" offer?

Where do you get the idea that I'm upset, just because I disagree with your statements? Get a grip. Where in the article does it say that a "better" proposal was rejected? Are you just imagining things that aren't there? You're the one that said a "worse" contract was being proposed. The article clearly states that the latest proposal contains a "promise of higher wages and contained healthcare costs". It also appears to modify previous conditions in some way that aren't totally clear. How does any of that make it a "worse" offer?
Of course the modifications aren't clear. the article is from a business site. Just the title alone tells me it is an anti labor article. If the 2014 contract was overwhelmingly rejected by the membership and the next offer has already agreed upon language modified or removed I would consider said new last final best offer or whatever to be a worse contract. ......Note that I said you appeared to be upset in a question as to whether the pilots were upset.

Of course the modifications aren't clear. the article is from a business site. Just the title alone tells me it is an anti labor article. If the 2014 contract was overwhelmingly rejected by the membership and the next offer has already agreed upon language modified or removed I would consider said new last final best offer or whatever to be a worse contract. ......Note that I said you appeared to be upset in a question as to whether the pilots were upset.

You conveniently ignore the clause about the "promise of higher wages and contained healthcare costs" in your characterization of the proposal as being "worse". Without knowing about all conditions in the latest proposal how can anyone make any determination? That's precisely why I object to the Union blocking the membership from seeing and voting on it. The Union leaders can certainly voice an opinion on the proposal and suggest that the members reject it, but in the end the membership should have the right to accept or reject it as they are ultimately the ones affected by it. Let's be real here, the company is looking out for its own interests and the Union leadership is doing the same. The interests of the workers are the only things that count here.

The Union refuses to allow the membership to vote on the latest offer. That's the part that troubles me.
You like someone else taking away your right to decide for yourself? That's scary.
You said you were troubled and I was scary. That made me think you appeared to be upset

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills. I basically said I was troubled by the fact that the Union refused to let the members vote on their own future. I also never said YOU were "scary". What I said was that the THOUGHT of you liking someone taking away your right to vote was "scary". That's a big difference.

Okay you win, the big bad Teamsters union screwed those pilots and will cause Republic to go bankrupt. But after much googling I can't find any complaints by the pilots objecting to their union's actions.

There's nothing to "win", I just like accurate statements especially when people disagree on things. I just feel the the Union shouldn't prevent the members from voting on a proposal that's all. Just my opinion. Have a good day.

Hoffa unionized Overnite at a terrible cost. He gave UPSF a sweetheart contract that destroyed the NMFA and hurt the pension funds. If the IBT were to ever organize another LTL carrier they would demand a similar stand alone contract. Some will say it's because UPS didn't want to be a part of the Teamsters MEPFs. If that be the case they why is it that UPS only withdrew from the CSPFs? Why is it that they still participate in the other healthy Teamster Multi Employer Pension Funds? Hoffa and Hall probably got the best deal they could get from UPS. Remember UPS is the powerhouse and calls the shots. They are so powerful that they bought a $2 billion pension exemption from Congress for apparently just a measly $200,000 in political contributions.
I can't disagree with you, because everything you've said is true. And sadly, you made my point. It seems like the IBT leadership was willing to give away the farm to maintain Hoffa's promise of unionizing Overnite. Making them Teamsters at any cost in order to be able to say they kept their promise.

It's wrong and it's sad. And with leadership like this, the IBT will continue to struggle to unionize the nonunion LTL's. Nobody will want to bring in a union that will not fight for them. And you said it yourself. The IBT leadership shakes hands with the management at not only UPS, but ABF and YRC as well.

It shouldn't be this way, but it is. And I, for one, hope that Teamsters United are given the opportunity to prove that they will protect the interests of labor. Because the current leadership doesn't seem interested, at least where the LTL's are concerned.

Canadian Flyer, I couldn't agree with you more. You are spot on. I look forward to Teamsters United cleaning house. But unfortunately even if they throw Hoffa and co. out they have a monumental task ahead of them. With the republicans in control of Congress and the Koch Bros and their ilk manipulating the republican primary and the media shutting Sanders out it looks like Rodham Clinton in 2016. And that IMO means business as usual. Organized labor has to be very careful who they support next year. I honestly believe that Bernie Sanders is the only hope for us laborers left in the dwindling middle class.

I can't disagree with you, because everything you've said is true. And sadly, you made my point. It seems like the IBT leadership was willing to give away the farm to maintain Hoffa's promise of unionizing Overnite. Making them Teamsters at any cost in order to be able to say they kept their promise.

It's wrong and it's sad. And with leadership like this, the IBT will continue to struggle to unionize the nonunion LTL's. Nobody will want to bring in a union that will not fight for them. And you said it yourself. The IBT leadership shakes hands with the management at not only UPS, but ABF and YRC as well.

It shouldn't be this way, but it is. And I, for one, hope that Teamsters United are given the opportunity to prove that they will protect the interests of labor. Because the current leadership doesn't seem interested, at least where the LTL's are concerned.
If you were to look back into the TB archives to around 2005 or 2006 you might find many posts objecting to the UPSF/Overnite stand alone contract. There were a few of us under different user names at the time who objected vehemently to UPSF not getting a NMFA contract. But at the time there were many more pro union posters who trusted Hoffa's promise that the UPSF workers would get a great contract. He vowed that it would,d be good for the Teamsters Union. Unfortunately it appears that those of us NMFA Teamsters who were against the UPSF backroom deal were right.

A lot of posters here seem to think that Labor's problems have been caused by the pro-labor leadership and pro labor politicians rather then by the overwhelming opposition to Labor coming from Corporate leadership and anti-labor politicians. Puzzling.

The last NMFA contract I can remember was way back around 1990 when Nationway moved east for a short time before going out of business. Since then, IMO, the NMFA Teamsters have not been proactive but rather they lacked any power and have negotiated weak contracts in order to try and save our remaining jobs. I don't think it's our labor leaders fault as much as corporate America's hatred of unions and lack of respect for all labor..

The present leadership of the Teamsters Union is no longer interested in, or able to, organize LTL trucking companies.
They have the only trucking division they want now.....UPS....

If I was a young man just starting out in trucking again, UPS is where I would be headed.
I got as far as a second interview with them in 84, but that was it. Then Rdwy called me, so I went with them!!!